Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187624 times)

psydswipe

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 06:47:38 am »
Completed 5-6 playthroughs of Guardian Heroes, super fun game, I'm sure if I had it on Saturn it would be one of the most played.

I guess it's short since it just got released yesterday. I plan on getting it but there are so many other games to play this time of year. Also doesn't help that I'm down to 1.8GB on my hard drive and that game is almost a gig. It's a game I'd wanted to get when I was still playing my Saturn. I got my Saturn late though and at that point a lot of stores had dropped it.

scott

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 09:08:46 am »
@psydswipe It is short, but has multiple branching paths, I've yet to play every level in the game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 03:21:16 am »
Just 100%'d Guardian Heroes. Awesome awesome game, but I think I need a break now. ha

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 12:49:47 pm »
Just finished Fallout 3. Loved the game, and I'll keep playing it since I know there's more stuff to do in the Capital Wasteland. Now, I need to get my hands on the DLC (at least Broken Steel) and the CE for New Vegas!

scott

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:25 pm »
@kaizlu I actually liked all the dlc, except for Point Lookout. I just didn't care for the plot that much.

tpugmire

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 10:02:20 am »
I just got 100% on Lego Harry Potter.  Now onto Lego Pirates of the Caribbean.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 11:00:26 pm »
Just polished off all of the Achievements in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Pain in the ass. The final boss of the DLC whipped me for 2 hours worth of reloading...

scott

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 09:35:31 am »
And I finally finished Oblivion, and I knocked out Shivering Isles too. With about 10 days to spare. Now to finish off Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood before Revelations comes out.

darko

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 02:45:45 pm »
I finished Dark Souls after 3ish weeks and 100+ hours. What a great game!

scott

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »
Just finished the story in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood the other day, now I can finally unseal Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Of course I haven't done everything in Brotherhood yet, but I'll go back to it in a bit. I also am plaything through both Diablo and Diablo II again, to help get my fix until Diablo III releases. I'm currently in level 14 of Hell and should be finished with Diablo again soon.

psydswipe

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 07:28:42 am »
Finished Skyrim and moved on to Assassin's Creed: Revelations. It feels a lot like Brotherhood, just in another city.

scott

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:43 pm »
Just finished Metroid II: Return of Samus. Sadly I never finished it in all the years I've owned it. My finish time was 4:02 so I missed the bikini shot by an hour and two minutes. lol

scott

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »
Let's do a little necromancy and bring this topic back from the dead!

*wiggles fingers*

Just beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Such a good game, its a little bit short but I'm fine with it. Cause it didn't seem like you were doing anything pointless.

The only thing I don't get is, when you go to the hidden area that the mercenaries don't know exists, why are they there shooting at you? It makes no sense.

I do wish it had more exploring and less pew-pew. But it scratches my archeology itch.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 08:47:12 pm »
<blockquote rel="scott">Completed 5-6 playthroughs of Guardian Heroes, super fun game, I'm sure if I had it on Saturn it would be one of the most played.</blockquote>

I guess it's short since it just got released yesterday. I plan on getting it but there are so many other games to play this time of year. Also doesn't help that I'm down to 1.8GB on my hard drive and that game is almost a gig. It's a game I'd wanted to get when I was still playing my Saturn. I got my Saturn late though and at that point a lot of stores had dropped it.

I don't get it. Guardian Heroes, I mean. It's such a beloved Saturn game. But I'm not a fan of it. And I am a fan of old-school beat-em ups. The back and forth between the foreground and background I didn't find to be innovative or fun at all. I found it just became tedious and annoying after a while. I think I'm the only person to play this game, and not fall in love with it.

psydswipe

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 05:53:51 am »
Finished The Last of Us last night. The characters are the best part of the game, they are about as close to real as a character can get in a game and the voice acting is quite good. Combat can be a little frustrating sometimes as I'm not always patient when it comes to stealth. Also, it would have been nice to have multiple endings as I don't know that I would have done what the protagonist does given the choice. The game looks great but level design is mostly what you'd expect. Lots of blocked pathways, especially staircases forcing you to go up or down one floor at a time and then search the current floor for another way up/down. One thing that surprised me is how far the characters travel as the chapters jump between some distant locations. There are certainly many opportunities for DLC to fill in what the characters were up to when you weren't controlling them.

The biggest disappointment is that I missed a lot of conversations. For a while I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize characters often get conversation markers above their heads. I kept moving forward and looking at the ground for crafting materials, rarely would I look backwards where the other characters were. I missed many items too despite searching around often. These are my results:

62/85 artifacts
11/30 pendants
7/12 manuals
8/14 comic books
18/37 conversations
Opened 6 locked doors (not sure how many there are) and found all five tools.