Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187736 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #510 on: September 16, 2014, 04:39:50 pm »
I beat SteamWorld Dig on Steam a few days ago. Nice game, but that speedrun achievement is going to be a real pain to do.

argyle

« Reply #511 on: September 17, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »
Just finished Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and it was a really good game.  :)

Now that I've played through 2 of the DS games, and have played enough of the third to determine it isn't for me, I'd say Dawn of Sorrow was my favorite of the three. 

Now I gotta track down the GBA games.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #512 on: September 17, 2014, 07:49:28 pm »
I just completed LA Noire.

;_;

If I were a drinking man I'd be plastered right now. Holy shit what a downer of a story.

bobster

« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »
I completed Star Ocean: First Departure today (while at work, don't tell anyone!). It was pretty fun! I enjoyed it, but it definitely felt like a revamped SNES game (which it is). There wasn't a lot of cues on where to go and what most of the abilities that you can level up do.

The combat system is refreshing for an RPG. It's a real time battle system where you can move around on the battlefield. Different move sets assigned to the shoulder buttons on the PSP kept it from getting stale.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Star Ocean: Second Evolution, which is a PSP remake of the PS1 game Star Ocean: Second Story, is like and if it improves anything.

Also, last week my girlfriend and I beat/100% completed Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Good time there as well.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

maximo310

« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »
I completed Star Ocean: First Departure today (while at work, don't tell anyone!). It was pretty fun! I enjoyed it, but it definitely felt like a revamped SNES game (which it is). There wasn't a lot of cues on where to go and what most of the abilities that you can level up do.

The combat system is refreshing for an RPG. It's a real time battle system where you can move around on the battlefield. Different move sets assigned to the shoulder buttons on the PSP kept it from getting stale.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Star Ocean: Second Evolution, which is a PSP remake of the PS1 game Star Ocean: Second Story, is like and if it improves anything.

Also, last week my girlfriend and I beat/100% completed Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Good time there as well.
I've heard some good things about Second Evolution so have fun while going through that. Has First Departure improved alot from the original super famicom version, because I liked that game despite some of its gameplay and ai partner flaws?

bobster

« Reply #515 on: September 24, 2014, 09:44:17 am »

I've heard some good things about Second Evolution so have fun while going through that. Has First Departure improved alot from the original super famicom version, because I liked that game despite some of its gameplay and ai partner flaws?
I never played the original on Super Famicom so I can't comment on that. Visually the game looks awesome. It's all pre-rendered backgrounds so I imagine that was a huge improvement over the original. The AI seemed fairly competent, but really I kept them on the "Go all out" tactic so they just spammed their weapon special attacks.

I know they added some additional characters to recruit and I'm sure lots of other things. Wikipedia is probably more knowledgeable than I am lol.

I really picked up First Departure because I've had Star Ocean: Second Story sitting on my shelf for years, but I didn't want to jump right into the second game of the series. I'll be playing Second Evolution because it seems to be a definitive version of the game.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

maximo310

« Reply #516 on: September 24, 2014, 01:10:10 pm »

I never played the original on Super Famicom so I can't comment on that. Visually the game looks awesome. It's all pre-rendered backgrounds so I imagine that was a huge improvement over the original. The AI seemed fairly competent, but really I kept them on the "Go all out" tactic so they just spammed their weapon special attacks.

I know they added some additional characters to recruit and I'm sure lots of other things. Wikipedia is probably more knowledgeable than I am lol.

I really picked up First Departure because I've had Star Ocean: Second Story sitting on my shelf for years, but I didn't want to jump right into the second game of the series. I'll be playing Second Evolution because it seems to be a definitive version of the game.
Alright, so it seems that the psp remakes are like the better remastered versions of the game then. This definitely sounds better than the original( probably because of all the additional hardware chips like the S-DD1 the same as Street Fighter Alpha 2 needed for the original Star Ocean to fit on a 48 Mbit cartridge.) especially with the additional stuff they added to the game. I'll have to pick these up at some point because I've really wanted to get back into the series for a while now.

retroone

« Reply #517 on: September 24, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »
I finally completed The Angry Video Game nerd Adventures! I am typically the person who goes and hunts for achievements but with this game I am not even going to try. I couldn't get passed the tutorial on Normal so I had to play on Easy.  :P Great Game Great Music. Just a bit to difficult for me.

foxhack

« Reply #518 on: September 25, 2014, 06:38:16 pm »
Got all 60 Steam achievements for LA Noire.

I am DONE with this game for good.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2014, 02:47:05 am »
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
-WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
-Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)

-Raiden III (PS2)

Spent a couple hours blowing away everything that moved in this vertical-scrolling shoot-em up. Great stress relief with everything going on with me right now. Even though it's only 7 stages, it's intense and action packed. And those last couple of levels can be frustrating as hell. Very nice looking backgrounds, good music, and well, it's Raiden so of course it's fun.

retroone

« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »
MINECRAFT. I recently got all the achievements for Minecraft and finished it. Here's the map for Xbox 360 so you can do it yourselfs (I don't own this) http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8cavoyy91ttdls/AllCheevesTrevCraftPro.bin Now it's time for creative mode... or next gen.

abe

« Reply #521 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »
Finally got around to finishing Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop only unfortunately) today. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though it was a little short and pretty easy too. It does have a lot of replay value though, with optional mission objectives to complete for rewards and multiple endings (I think there might only be two endings).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #522 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:25 pm »
Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate: We have: too many: colons: Edition (Steam)

Cleared it with the Black Mask ending... only to find out I have to clear it two more times to get all the achievements.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

maximo310

« Reply #523 on: October 01, 2014, 11:32:04 pm »
I beat the first loop of DoDonPachi on one credit,  and the modes for Ketsui Death Label for DS. They're both really fun Cave games, and a bit on the easier side for the most part, but it was still quite an effort to get through them using my MAME setup. I still have to get the physical versions of the games at some point.

« Reply #524 on: October 02, 2014, 10:32:43 pm »
I just finished up the story in Destiny on the PS3, gonna take a break from it and go back to playing Ni No Kuni now.