Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187747 times)

bobster

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #525 on: October 03, 2014, 10:37:14 pm »
Just finished Crystalis on the NES. Always a good time. I'm glad to have it back in my collection  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #526 on: October 03, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »
Just finished Crystalis on the NES. Always a good time. I'm glad to have it back in my collection  ;D

I have never played that game. I guess I need to give it some time. I've heard nothing but good things.

pacpix

« Reply #527 on: October 03, 2014, 11:01:31 pm »

I have never played that game. I guess I need to give it some time. I've heard nothing but good things.
Same, it looks like a game I would enjoy, just never got around to starting it.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #528 on: October 03, 2014, 11:03:48 pm »

Abso-freaking-lutley! Easily in my top 10 NES games list. It has to be the #1 game to deserve a sequel but never received one.

A lot of people say it's a Legend of Zelda clone. I say it's better. Better graphics, better sound, more in-depth story, more areas, towns & dungeons to explore, and more NPCs to interact with.

foxhack

« Reply #529 on: October 03, 2014, 11:49:48 pm »
Re-beat Blackwell Unbound and The Blackwell Convergence (PC) to get all the achievements I was missing. This puts me at 30 games with all achievements (technically 31, 'cause screw that Sanctum of Slime one that is impossible to do solo.)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #530 on: October 03, 2014, 11:58:02 pm »
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
-WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
-Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
-Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
-Raiden III (PS2)

-Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)

Yep, twice in the same year. It's that good. But to be fair, I also played it differently. The first time I just played through to the ending. This time I took my time and completed all the side-quests and collected all the items.

Hell, I didn't even realize there was a Red Mail to be found until I saw a Street Pass challenger with it.

davifus

« Reply #531 on: October 04, 2014, 01:08:08 am »

Yep, twice in the same year. It's that good. But to be fair, I also played it differently. The first time I just played through to the ending. This time I took my time and completed all the side-quests and collected all the items.

Hell, I didn't even realize there was a Red Mail to be found until I saw a Street Pass challenger with it.

I still haven't taken mine out of the Shrink Wrap.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

bobster

« Reply #532 on: October 04, 2014, 10:36:00 am »

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It handles extremely well, and compared to other NES games, it's really a step up in music, gameplay, and visuals. It's almost hard to think that it's actually on the NES sometimes. It's so fluid.

Same, it looks like a game I would enjoy, just never got around to starting it.
No time like the present!

Abso-freaking-lutley! Easily in my top 10 NES games list. It has to be the #1 game to deserve a sequel but never received one.

A lot of people say it's a Legend of Zelda clone. I say it's better. Better graphics, better sound, more in-depth story, more areas, towns & dungeons to explore, and more NPCs to interact with.
Yeah it's definitely one of my favorites too. Not sure what happened to my copy from my youth, but about a month ago a local game store put up a Facebook photo of a lot of games they got and I saw this and immediately went to snatch it up.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

maximo310

« Reply #533 on: October 04, 2014, 02:04:44 pm »
Just beat Super Monkey's Ball Expert mode. The difficulty really jumps up and down on this one with quite a bit of levels taking me quite a while, even with infinite continues. I may try to practice these levels to improve my skill, but it's going to be super tough to get to expert extra and master, considering you can't continue in order to reach those levels.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #534 on: October 04, 2014, 02:48:47 pm »

Seriously? What are you waiting for?! The game is amongst the best Zelda titles.

davifus

« Reply #535 on: October 04, 2014, 03:34:38 pm »

Seriously? What are you waiting for?! The game is amongst the best Zelda titles.

But I'm too busy Smashing. I'll play Zelda & Link to make it up then.

abe

« Reply #536 on: October 04, 2014, 07:10:26 pm »

How would you say it compares to A Link to the Past? Most of the recent Zelda games, particularly the DS entries, haven't interested me all that much. I'm on the fence on this one, not sure if I'll get around to buying it or not.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #537 on: October 04, 2014, 07:24:32 pm »

How would you say it compares to A Link to the Past? Most of the recent Zelda games, particularly the DS entries, haven't interested me all that much. I'm on the fence on this one, not sure if I'll get around to buying it or not.

Same for me too the DS games dont look that interesting more so fillers.

I should be ashamed to have not finished any Zelda Games.  :-[

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #538 on: October 04, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »

Almost as good as Link to the Past. The ONLY thing holding it back from being better, IMO, is the fact that you can't play it on nice big T.V. with a real controller. The 3DS does start to cramp your hand after long-play sessions. It definetly has better side-quests and a better presentation (given the more-modern hardware, that's not surprising), but with that same old fantastic Zelda gameplay you love.

The DS ones weren't nearly as good. Spirits Tracks was laughably bad. I can't believe that's actually considered a Zelda game. It should have been it's own little train game. And while I liked Phantom Hourglass, repeating the Temple over and over again really hurt that game.

abe

« Reply #539 on: October 04, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »

Almost as good as Link to the Past. The ONLY thing holding it back from being better, IMO, is the fact that you can't play it on nice big T.V. with a real controller. The 3DS does start to cramp your hand after long-play sessions. It definetly has better side-quests and a better presentation (given the more-modern hardware, that's not surprising), but with that same old fantastic Zelda gameplay you love.

The DS ones weren't nearly as good. Spirits Tracks was laughably bad. I can't believe that's actually considered a Zelda game. It should have been it's own little train game. And while I liked Phantom Hourglass, repeating the Temple over and over again really hurt that game.

Well, the DS Zelda games are definitely staying off of my wishlist, but I'll have to look at getting A Link Between Worlds eventually. Thanks for the help. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)