Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191369 times)

kashell

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #870 on: November 12, 2015, 08:05:53 am »
While I was sick, I took the opportunity to go through another survival-horror game: Haunting Ground. While I like Rule of Rose more, I think Haunting Ground is another great way to show what the genre can do.

kashell

« Reply #871 on: November 13, 2015, 10:23:02 am »
Tales of Zestiria is finished. I'm all prepped for my second play through when I go for the platinum.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #872 on: November 14, 2015, 06:06:08 pm »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster In My Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)
10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
16. Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare (XBox 360)
17. ECW Hardcore Revolution (GBC)
18. Resident Evil (GameCube)
19. Resident Evil 2 - Dual-Shock Edition (PS1) - Both Scenarios A & B
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
21. Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)
22. Mega Man Legends 2 (PS1)
23. Final Fantasy 2 (GBA)
24. Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
25. Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (N64)
26. Brutal Legend (XBox 360)
27. Sonic Colors (DS)
28. Batman: Arkham Knight (XBox One)

29. Halo 5: Guardians (XBox One)

Great game if your a Halo fan! Amazing graphics, awesome soundtrack, good voice-acting, and of course the awesome run-n-gun FPS gameplay of Halo! The campaign just keeps you moving from action-packed area, to action-packed area and keeps you on your toes the entire time. 15 missions all-together (well, more like 13 missions because of couple of missions just involved you walking around and talking to your superior officers.)

I'll admit it wasn't as good as the first couple of Halo games, but then none of the other Halos after them are either. It's still plenty entertaining!

I can't comment much on the multiplayer, because I really suck at that. I did a 25-kill deathmatch, and I ended up with 2 kills by the end (although I could have swore I had 3, not sure how that happened).

Definitely worth a pick-up for fans of the series.

kashell

« Reply #873 on: November 16, 2015, 09:03:21 am »
I finished Clock Tower 3 over the weekend. It was all over the place.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #874 on: November 16, 2015, 10:57:57 am »
Finished Advance Wars: Days of Ruin over the weekend. Chalk another one up on my 2015 list!

desocietas

« Reply #875 on: November 16, 2015, 12:18:33 pm »
Finished Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc over the weekend as well as getting the credits scene in Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy . There's soooo much still to unlock in Theatrhythm, but it's nice knowing that they put in a decent difficulty.

Danganronpa was crazy but good. The gameplay is kinda odd, but it was still fun and enjoyable. I streamed it and was surprised that people wanted to watch me read aloud to them for hours on end  :-[ There's definitely a strong fanbase for the game/series!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #876 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:10 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
27. Sonic Colors (DS)

30. Ryse: Son of Rome (XBox One)

Fun action, hack-n-slash game. Nothing too special, but still a solid game if you're a fan of the genre. And I do have to say that it had some pretty dang impressive graphics.

The gameplay is more than just spamming the attack button, so you don't get bored with repetitive combat. And it is very bloody and violent. Which was awesome, but probably not for small children.

The story is enjoyable, but nothing to write home about. A story about betrayal, corruption in the government, and lots of battles. However one thing bothered me. Before the end, you have to fight a character named Boodica. The thing is, you feel like the bad guy as you fight her. Earlier in the game, a corrupt official (the emperor's son) ruthlessly betrays and murders her father in front of her, as he was presenting a peace-agreement. Then you end up going around his authority and rescuing the civilians that he orders to have killed. ...so then whey did I have to kill the daughter who seemed perfectly justified in attacking the emperor?

Anyways, good game, worth the $20 it's going for.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:15:12 pm by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #877 on: November 20, 2015, 03:34:26 pm »
I dont post on here a lot (or ever I think) but I have to right now. I just 100% platinum'd Dragon quest heroes. 96 solid hours of great fun and one hell of an awesome game. There were a few frustrating moments (Screw you Atlas, your event sucks) but I can say that this game will remain in my top 5 of all time for a while. If anyone was on the fence about buying this game, jump off that bitch and pick it up. You will not regret it.

Premium!

abe

« Reply #878 on: November 25, 2015, 06:00:32 pm »
Finished up the Brotherhood ending in Fallout 4 today. People on the internet seem to have come up with a lot of things to whine about in the game, but I had lots of fun with it. There's plenty of bugs, but most don't break the game. Settlements are kinda buggy which makes the "Benevolent Leader" trophy a pain to get at the moment. Other than that I don't really have any complaints. I plan on going for the platinum eventually but right now I'll probably take a break from it and go back to playing Disgaea 5 for a while. I look forward to seeing how mods get handled on the console versions of the games, whenever Bethesda adds that feature in.

Abe's 2015 Completion List
1.   Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2.   Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3.   Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4.   The Swapper (PS4)
5.   inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
6.   Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita)
7.   Mega Man X2 (PS2)
8.   Home (PS4)
9.   Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS)
10. Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
11. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
12. Halo 4 (Xbox360)
13. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
14. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2nd (PSP)
15. Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
16. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
17. IA/VT Colorful (PS Vita)
18. Xeodrifter (WiiU)
19. Mega Man 4 (3DS VC)
20. Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS)
21. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD (PS3)
22. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)
23. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
24. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Extend (PSP)
25. Fallout 4 (PS4)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #879 on: November 25, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
27. Sonic Colors (DS)

31. Walking Dead: Season One (XBox One)

Oh my god, this was INSANE! And I loved it! So much crazy, shocking stuff happened in this.

For example: Me and my group are stuck inside of meat-locker (long-story how we got there). There's this old, angry guy just going off, pissed-off that we're locked in there and screaming and cussing at the top of his lungs. He gives himself a heart-attack because of it. His daughter is in there with us. She starts giving him CPR. Another guy in my group points out that he stopped breathing, and he's gonna turn to a zombie if we don't do something (and we're still locked in there with him, defenseless). So I have to choose to smash his head, or help with CPR. I help with the CPR. And the dude drops a brick through his head anyways, while I'm doing it!

And that's just one of many crazy moments like that. This game kept me going just to see what was going to happen next. Just as well-written as the show.

I'm DEFINETLY getting Season Two.

Get this if you like The Walking Dead, you won't be disappointed.

kashell

« Reply #880 on: November 30, 2015, 10:11:39 am »
This a spoiler free post.

Yesterday, I got the platinum trophy in Tales of Zestiria as well as 100% completion in Alisha's DLC. As a fan of the Tales series, I have a hard time looking back on this title fondly. This is one of the weakest Tales titles, and this is coming from someone who has been loyal to the series since it's introduction over here with Destiny.

Zestiria did a few things right: great characters, a better than expected story, the return of Graces' skit system. I really liked the Lords of the Land. I think that was one of the coolest features. And at times, combat was a blast. Armatization was a clever idea and opened up new combat possibilities. Most of the time, combat was...there. It felt like a necessary evil instead of being the highlight of the game. Tales usually has two trademarks: great characters and great combat. The characters were wonderful, but the combat felt lackluster because it was impacted negatively by the equipment system, the random GRADE and the fact that enemies essentially broke all of the rules on difficulties beyond Hard. Also, you always had to have Sorey and Rose (and at times, Alisha) in the party. It felt really limiting.

The worst part of the game is the equipment system. I can't even begin with it. It was worse than the trait system in Graces. It was far too random and far too convoluted. It felt like a combination of the element system from Chrono Cross and the rune system from Valkyrie Profile 2. The sad thing is, you need to rely on it because characters don't gain stat boosts via leveling up. Herbs help. The orbs help. But, you have to rely on your equipment to become stronger and it adds so much extra time to the game.

Alisha's DLC was average. The best thing about it was her hat and the music in the Elaine Ruins. Oddly enough, the Alisha drama prior to the release of ToZ was the least of my problems. I'm not surprised that people got pissy about it since most Tales fans are awful people. Seriously, check out a Tales message board some time and watch these monsters.

Some final random things:

-Lailah is still my favorite character in and out of battle, followed closely by Mikleo and Alisha.
-Sorey and Rose were fun in small doses.
-Edna was fair; she worked wonders as a healer.
-Dezel/Zaveid (Dezaveid?) were great characters but combat was tricky when controlling them.
-My favorite Armatization was water, even though fire was much more useful.
-The cameo fight was underwhelming, but that's not surprising since the bonus dungeon felt the same way.
-Having everyone on snack making duty ASAP is essential for anyone that wants the trophy. Even if you don't want the trophy, having everyone supplying sweet treats works wonders since other support talents aren't as useful.
-The opening theme is fantastic.
-I'm hoping that someone makes a GIF of Mikleo performing Final Prayer because it is wonderful.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:18:13 pm by kashell »

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #881 on: December 01, 2015, 07:17:17 am »
100% completed the Old Hunters expansion for Bloodborne.

Added all my boss fights to the video playlist as ususal: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-Q1t_Y2KQTVRnNOLc8lUqXD1Li-E2fcY

I loved the new content, lore and mechanics, some of the new bosses were absolutely thrilling to fight. Some areas were really challenging especially while playing on NG+. Can't wait for Dark Souls III now ;D
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

desocietas

« Reply #882 on: December 01, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »
Yesterday, I got the platinum trophy in Tales of Zestiria as well as 100% completion in Alisha's DLC. As a fan of the Tales series, I have a hard time looking back on this title fondly. This is one of the weakest Tales titles, and this is coming from someone who has been loyal to the series since it's introduction over here with Destiny.

Zestiria did a few things right: great characters, a better than expected story, the return of Graces' skit system. I really liked the Lords of the Land. I think that was one of the coolest features. And at times, combat was a blast. Armatization was a clever idea and opened up new combat possibilities. Most of the time, combat was...there. It felt like a necessary evil instead of being the highlight of the game. Tales usually has two trademarks: great characters and great combat. The characters were wonderful, but the combat felt lackluster because it was impacted negatively by the equipment system, the random GRADE and the fact that enemies essentially broke all of the rules on difficulties beyond Hard. Also, you always had to have Sorey and Rose (and at times, Alisha) in the party. It felt really limiting.

The worst part of the game is the equipment system. I can't even begin with it. It was worse than the trait system in Graces. It It was far too random and far too convoluted. It felt like a combination of the element system from Chrono Cross and the rune system from Valkyrie Profile 2. The sad thing is, you need to rely on it because characters don't gain stat boosts via leveling up. Herbs help. The orbs help. But, you have to rely on your equipment to become stronger and it adds so much extra time to the game.

Alisha's DLC was average. The best thing about it was her hat and the music in the Elaine Ruins. Oddly enough, the Alisha drama prior to the release of ToZ was the least of my problems. I'm not surprised that people got pissy about it since most Tales fans are awful people. Seriously, check out a Tales message board some time and watch these monsters.

Some final random things:

-Lailah is still my favorite character in and out of battle, followed closely by Mikleo and Alisha.
-Sorey and Rose were fun in small doses.
-Edna was fair; she worked wonders as a healer.
-Dezel/Zaveid (Dezaveid?) were great characters but combat was tricky when controlling them.
-My favorite Armatization was water, even though fire was much more useful.
-The cameo fight was underwhelming, but that's not surprising since the bonus dungeon felt the same way.
-Having everyone on snack making duty ASAP is essential for anyone that wants the trophy. Even if you don't want the trophy, having everyone supplying sweet treats works wonders since other support talents aren't as useful.
-The opening theme is fantastic.
-I'm hoping that someone makes a GIF of Mikleo performing Final Prayer because it is wonderful.

I didn't want to read too closely into your post because of possible spoilers, but it's unfortunate that the game doesn't hold us as well as the others. I was hoping that it would've been a good addition to the strong lineup that Tales brings.  Maybe the next RPG I'll play will be Symphonia or Abyss... It's been a long time :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #883 on: December 01, 2015, 01:17:56 pm »

I didn't want to read too closely into your post because of possible spoilers, but it's unfortunate that the game doesn't hold us as well as the others. I was hoping that it would've been a good addition to the strong lineup that Tales brings.  Maybe the next RPG I'll play will be Symphonia or Abyss... It's been a long time :)
[/quote]

I'll modify my post and let readers know that its spoiler free. ^^

If you do play a Tales title, between those two I would suggest going with Symphonia since it's such a classic. Of course, Abyss is just as great. Either way, I hope you enjoy them. ^o^

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #884 on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:02 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
27. Sonic Colors (DS)
31. Walking Dead: Season One (XBox One)

32. Wolfenstein: The New Order (XBox One)

Fantastic FPS that I already talked about in the "What Are You Playing" thread. So I'll just transfer what I wrote there, here:

I'm loving it!

Intense FPS action mixed with moments of stealth. It's bloody, it's brutal, it's intense, and it's in your face!

The story is awesome. It starts in WWII with you and your unit fighting Nazis. You get injured and end up in a nursing home. By the time you get "healed" and get your wits back about you, it's the 1960s and the Nazis have won WWII and now rule the world. They decide the nursing home your in needs to be shut down, and start killing people. You escape, and realize how wrong the world has become. You end up freeing some war criminals to help you and start up a resistance to take down the Nazi Regime.

One scene in particular really stood out to me: You get done freeing some your resistance fighters from this giant Nazi concentration camp. Just as you go out the front to freedom, the Nazi army stand in front of your exit, ready to stop you. They have this giant robot. Well, one of the prisoners you just freed is an expert hacker. He hacks into the robot, and you gain control of it. The robot smashing the Nazi woman's face that's in charge of the prison. As all hell breaks loose and gunfire is going off around you and people are running around; the Nazi woman crawls towards you and climbs up you. Her face is the camera now, and it's all mangled, with a broken jaw, and missing teeth; just looking all gnarly. She's spitting out at you how you and your vermin comrades will never make it out alive. It was really cool looking, like a scene from a horror movie.

If you have an Xbox One, get this one. It's a lot of fun.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:07:05 pm by burningdoom »