Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191474 times)

deftommo

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #960 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »
Beat the final boss in Dark Souls III, although I still have a lot to explore and more than five optional bosses to beat. So I guess I'm only partially finished!

desocietas

« Reply #961 on: May 13, 2016, 06:58:24 pm »
Beat the final boss in Dark Souls III, although I still have a lot to explore and more than five optional bosses to beat. So I guess I'm only partially finished!

Congrats! Enjoy the other bosses :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #962 on: May 15, 2016, 12:12:36 am »
(PS4) DOOM

Badges

kashell

« Reply #963 on: May 15, 2016, 11:19:24 am »
The Bouncer was so short! But, it has some high replay value. We'll see if I do more with it. Volt is drop dead gorgeous, after all.

« Reply #964 on: May 15, 2016, 11:44:36 pm »
Finished - Batman (NES), Flame Over, Gravity Ghost, One Upon Light, Not a Hero.

soera

« Reply #965 on: May 16, 2016, 04:13:28 pm »
Well, as of this morning, I have completed the story mode of Bravely Second. 135ish hours to max all the jobs and beat the game. Im contemplating doing the bonus dungeons but I also have a lot of other games to play.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #966 on: May 19, 2016, 12:42:14 pm »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
4. Avengers Mobile Game (Phone)
5. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (XBox 360)

6. Far Cry: Primal (XBox One)

I absolutely ADORED this game. It felt a lot like Skyrim, but in the Stone Age. So much to do, so much to explore, and all very detailed and well-made. If you love open-world games, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing this.

By beating it, I mean I beat the main storyline. I also took over all the outposts and camps. I tamed all the Beastmaster animals. And I completed all of my crafting and village building. There are still plenty of side-missions for me to complete, however.

doafan

« Reply #967 on: May 26, 2016, 04:10:31 pm »

At the beginning of this week grabbed another title that I had stored in a shoe box and yesterday was able to finish it, am talking about the naughty Bayonetta for the 360, guess that am gonna give a second try to Devil May Cry 4 cause I have this one stored at the same box  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #968 on: May 31, 2016, 12:54:43 pm »
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

7. Super Mario Bros. (NES)

Just because I felt like playing it again for the umpteenth time. The fun to be had with this game is timeless.

« Reply #969 on: June 05, 2016, 09:21:15 am »
I've finished a few games in the past week or so.

Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #970 on: June 06, 2016, 10:07:35 am »
3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
7. Super Mario Bros. (NES)

8. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)

I got the itch for some old-school Resident Evil. So I decided to give this one another go. It's a been a long time since I've played this entry. I remember the gist of the story, but it's been long enough that I'm reliving the details again for the first time.

And man have I been spoiled by modern graphics. I remember this game being one of the most impressive PS1 games. The characters models are so bad, their appendages just kind of run through each other constantly.

Still, a very fun game. While not as story-heavy as RE2, it is one of the more intense entries in the series with the sudden Nemesis battles. RE2 and 3 really do need the remake treatment.

maximo310

« Reply #971 on: June 12, 2016, 01:34:15 am »
I decided to go back and actually beat Splosion Man on the X360. I was really dissapointed by the end of the game, due to the repetitiveness in the enviornments, music, level layouts, and boss battles. There's also a feature to skip levels if you die 8 times on one segment, and results in no penalty.  It felt more like a 5.5/10 game, not a 8/10 as many critics have said about the game and its sequel.

kashell

« Reply #972 on: June 14, 2016, 09:10:25 am »
Yesterday, I acquired the platinum trophy in Final Fantasy XIII. Now that I finished all of the games with 100% trophy completion, I think that my order goes: XIII > Lightning Returns > XIII-2.

But yeah, earning the platinum in FFXIII was more fun than just playing it through the first time. I got a chance to relive the story again which was just as great as it was before. I love the game's story driven nature and how the characters really come to life with each passing scenario. It takes a few chapters to really get the game play going, but they're worth it. By the end of the game, battles are so damn intense. Like, every encounter had me on the edge of my seat. Boss battles and hidden boss battles were truly epic, especially when victory was achieved with a five star rating.

Earning the Treasure Hunter trophy wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be. I had plenty of money to spare thanks to help of some resources. I think my least favorite trophy was L'Cie Paragon, since earning a five star rating on every Cieth Stone was nerve-wracking. Still, nothing about the platinum was overly hard. It was just more "grindy" which is typical for RPGs. Some final thoughts:

- I adore Lightning. I adored since day one and she's still one of my favorite video game characters of all time.
- Hope has become a new favorite. I was really hard on him at first, but then I stopped and thought about being in his shoes.
- Fang is awesome.
- Snow, Vanille and Sazh are still "meh" as far as I'm concerned. I like them, but not as much as the above three.

telly

« Reply #973 on: June 14, 2016, 10:23:00 am »
I've finished We Love Katamari and AC:AHL. Maybe this weekend I'll finally get to adding those games to the 52 games thread.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #974 on: June 20, 2016, 08:51:04 am »
It was a productive weekend of gaming, but the highlight was earning the platinum trophy in the Vita version of Akiba's Trip. The platinum wasn't too bad. In fact, it was pretty fun for the most part as long as the game didn't slow down and the controls worked like they should. Out of all the endings, I would say Shion was my favorite with Shizuku at a close second. Definitely a quirky game that could have benefited from some extra TLC.