Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187657 times)

desocietas

Recently completed/finished
« on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »
I know we've all got backlogs... so it's that much sweeter when a game is finished.  You get to cross it off the backlog list and put it away knowing that you've put in your due time to "finish" the game.

Just finished Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes!  A little over 163 hours... So glad I hadn't accidentally recycled the game (as I originally feared)...

I think the next one I'm jonesing for might be Baten Kaitos, but not being able to play it in bed might be difficult...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:27:26 pm »
the most recent finish is final fantasy xiii. I am making my way through ffiv right now. I think I'm almost done. I was going through my backlog today and its not too to bad.

I do want to pick up deus ex and dead island though.

scott

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:21:07 pm »
I think the latest game that I've actually finished was Dragon Age II. Though I haven't gotten the DLC pack for it yet. I'm currently playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, which is actually pretty good. I was worried about it when I started, since at first it didn't feel very Castlevania.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »
the most recent finish is final fantasy xiii. I am making my way through ffiv right now. I think I'm almost done. I was going through my backlog today and its not too to bad.

I've yet to break through the 20-hour-tolerance line people have set up for XIII (give it 20 hours before you start expecting to "enjoy" the game)... even though the boyf picked it up for me pre-release from a gaming conference.  :\ Bad FF fan...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »
Aaaand I just finished Lords of Shadow. DLC time!

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 07:33:36 pm »

Congrats!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:33:43 pm »

I've yet to break through the 20-hour-tolerance line people have set up for XIII (give it 20 hours before you start expecting to "enjoy" the game)... even though the boyf picked it up for me pre-release from a gaming conference.  :\ Bad FF fan...

I agree, it's a hard one to pick up. I was playing it for a while and dropped it for months. I started again and then I hit that part where it becomes enjoyable and didn't drop it until I was done :p

scott

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:51:59 pm »
I just borrowed XIII from my cousin. Not really looking forward to the bordom buffer of it. :(

scott

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:45:26 pm »

Congrats!

Ya but now I have to 100% the achievements... ha

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 11:42:00 pm »
I recently completed Chrono Trigger (PS1) for the first time, then I beat Zelda 3DS (not the Master Quest yet), and today I finished off Rayman 3D (meh).

scott

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 03:26:03 am »
Polished off the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow dlc. Kinda "meh" and stupid frustrating... not really worth the price, so wait for a special price event. Some of the puzzles were good, but the 1st is only 3 levels with no boss. And the second is really only 1 level plus 1 "level" where you're fighting the boss. All the cut scenes are not in game, rather animated graphic novel style and they really detract from the flow.

Anyways, on to something else!

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 10:58:55 am »
It's been awhile back now, but I beat Red Dead Redemption with the Completionist achievement, which is beating the game 100%, every outfit, every gun etc etc. Truly a shining moment when you see that achievement pop up.

Also, I beat Ocarina of Time on my 3DS for the first time ever. I didn't have a N64 as a kid, I had a Saturn and my friends had the 64, so I never felt the need to have one. I had tried playing OoT on the Gamecube when they released the Special Edition disc that had the game on it, but the graphics were so far behind the then current titles, it was kinda distracting to play, so I didn't get very far at all. When I learned it was coming to 3DS I about lost it. A lot of my friends had given me shit for never having beaten "one of the greatest games of all time". After having finished it, I can truly say I agree 100% on all facets that OoT is one of the best games ever created. The graphical overhaul and addition of 3D were certainly an awesome addition to an already wonderful game.

Also, I beat Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for 3DS a couple months ago, and that was a really good playthrough.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

scott

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 12:37:55 am »
Just finished Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on PSP with the best ending... only took me 4 years to get around to it... I will say that the Shaft fight was way tougher than the Dracula fight. Drac pretty much just lets you whip his ass to death compared to some of the other boss fights in the game. ha

amauriel

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 03:00:13 pm »
@brettybluevein: I never had a PlayStation until a friend gave me one when he got his slim PS2. So my husband gives me crap at least once every month or so about never playing Final Fantasy VII...I've tried several times, and I just don't have the nostalgia for the game that he does, so it's so hard for me to get into. Even though I love, love, LOVE OoT, I can see someone not picking it up or giving it a chance pre-3DS, based on the graphics alone.

What's funny is that I think I want a remake of VII more than the fanboys, so that I have a chance to really sink my teeth into it.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 01:41:39 pm »
I finished Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PC) last night, and while I did enjoy most of it, Bill Murray and Alyssa Milano sounded asleep half the time, William Atherton was completely out of it (I didn't realize it was him until the credits rolled!) the game's difficulty is completely unbalanced in several areas, and I still hate the dev.

But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The script was interesting, Aykroyd, Ramis and Hudson are STILL excellent actors. The graphics were okay, but the physics were a bit buggy. Not Alone In The Dark bad, but still buggy.

Eh.