Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 186884 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2013, 08:07:25 pm »
Recently finished GTA 5 (though I will still be playing the online for quite a while) and Journey....  Both were phenominal, but Journey left me more satisfied in the end....  I actually feel that GTA 4 had a more satisfying finish to the story than GTA 5, but we'll see what DLC is planned before I make a final decision....

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »
just finished the story to injustice.
nice to see a fighting game have an ok story mode.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:56 pm »
E.V.O.: The Search For Eden (SNES), by Enix

Interesting game. But very, very strange, too. The premise involves evolution. You start as a fish and then grind by eating other creatures (real-time, not turn-based) to gain "evolve points." You then level-up after gaining a certain amount of them, and every time you level-up you can decide to evolve a certain part of your body. It is VERY grindy, though.

There are different areas, each with a number of stages. Each era represents a different era in Earth's history such as the Ocean Age, the Amphibian Age, the Dinosaur Age, the Ice Age, etc. And in each area you are a different kind of creature, representative of that era.

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2013, 03:53:08 pm »
Just finished replaying the first God of War, but the HD collection release this time. I remembered a few frustrations the last time, but this time around... eek. It's not exactly that I hated it, but between the obnoxiously bad camera in some spots (esp. the final boss fight w/ Ares), the analog stick QTE during the Minotaur fight, the momentary lapse between animations when coming out of a dodge and trying to block or dodge again, the moments of "where the fuck am I supposed to be going?" and other gripes, I was really kinda glad to knock this one out.

I started God of War II shortly after, but I think I'm going to start something else tonight. Might be time to give the poor neglected Wii some time, starting with Twilight Princess, or maybe Xenoblade.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »
E.V.O.: The Search For Eden (SNES), by Enix

Interesting game. But very, very strange, too. The premise involves evolution. You start as a fish and then grind by eating other creatures (real-time, not turn-based) to gain "evolve points." You then level-up after gaining a certain amount of them, and every time you level-up you can decide to evolve a certain part of your body. It is VERY grindy, though.

There are different areas, each with a number of stages. Each era represents a different era in Earth's history such as the Ocean Age, the Amphibian Age, the Dinosaur Age, the Ice Age, etc. And in each area you are a different kind of creature, representative of that era.

I always wanted this game ever since I saw it in Nintendo Power.  I never did see it at rental places or any stores.  I think it was about a year ago I found this game for $40 (I think), so I grabbed it.  Then I found it again for $20 about a week later.  I gave that one to my brother. 
Anyway, I loved it.  It was odd, strange, and weird; but it was a lot of fun.  I'm going give it a playthrough again before too long.

foxhack

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2013, 02:04:17 pm »
Just finished Sequence, a hybrid rhythm / RPG for PC (originally for XBLA.) All achievements obtained.

It's a good game, quite challenging, but man... the story takes a turn for the weird in the final act.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »
I'm getting *Really* close to finishing-up Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness -which- is really cool 'cause I'm really, really, really looking forward to starting to play The Guided Fate Paradox as soon as I'm done  ;D

Maybe tomorrow...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2013, 12:02:52 pm »
I'm getting *Really* close to finishing-up Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness -which- is really cool 'cause I'm really, really, really looking forward to starting to play The Guided Fate Paradox as soon as I'm done  ;D

Maybe tomorrow...

Finished up (platinumed!) Disgaea D2 + all of the (currently available) DLC for it ==>

==> moving right onto The Guided Fate Paradox (which I've: (A) been looking forward to very much, (B) have been hearing & reading (almost nothing but) positive things about, and (C) has me excited with/about all of the talk of "old-school" / "rogue-like" / "Permadeath", "dungeon-crawling", and Harsh/Lose everything (item, equips, levels, EXP, etc) level of difficulty & meaningful + lasting consequences that not playing/planning appropriately can & will cause you to live with)  :o

desocietas

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »
==> moving right onto The Guided Fate Paradox (which I've: (A) been looking forward to very much, (B) have been hearing & reading (almost nothing but) positive things about, and (C) has me excited with/about all of the talk of "old-school" / "rogue-like" / "Permadeath", "dungeon-crawling", and Harsh/Lose everything (item, equips, levels, EXP, etc) level of difficulty & meaningful + lasting consequences that not playing/planning appropriately can & will cause you to live with)  :o

I was considering that game, but all those reasons you mentioned seems to make me way more anxious nowadays than it used to when I first started playing the first NA release of Fire Emblem...  Looking forward to hearing what you think about it :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2013, 11:46:33 am »
Finished the iOS version of Dragon Quest last night, making it the first DQ game I've ever completed (or even spent more than a few hours with) :D

foxhack

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »
I completed both Beast Boxing Turbo (PC / Steam) and The Shivah - Kosher Edition (PC / Steam) over the week, both with 100% achievements. (Well, Beast Boxing is missing one because of a bug, but I'll get it as soon as the dev fixes it.)

Beast Boxing Turbo is a boxing game heavily inspired by Punch-Out. It's really fun but also really, really easy if you're a veteran of the series.

The Shivah... well, it's an adventure game. You're a Rabbi who's having a crisis of faith of sorts. He ends up receiving an inheritance from a man he once despised so he starts looking into his death. And the story unravels from there. The game's pretty short and can be beaten in an hour but it's got some truly amazing writing.

Edit:
Well, I guess you could say I also completed Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout on Ps1. That's a horrible game. HORRIBLE. I didn't even GET AN ENDING FOR BEATING THE GAME. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

soera

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2013, 02:18:51 pm »
Finished the iOS version of Dragon Quest last night

Makes me sad that Square Enix keeps releasing all these DQ games on silly ass phones/tablets instead of on actual consoles. :(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2013, 02:25:33 pm »

Makes me sad that Square Enix keeps releasing all these DQ games on silly ass phones/tablets instead of on actual consoles. :(

*Crosses fingers* -and- hopes *really*, really, R.E.A.L.L.Y. hard for a DQ VII (remake/remaster; whatever)+ a new DQ game that are playable on consoles  >:(

I loved DQ VIII so very, very much on the PS2!

Wtf did they stop w/ the console-love after that - didn't DQ VIII sell pretty well?

desocietas

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2013, 06:06:44 pm »

*Crosses fingers* -and- hopes *really*, really, R.E.A.L.L.Y. hard for a DQ VII (remake/remaster; whatever)+ a new DQ game that are playable on consoles  >:(

Wtf did they stop w/ the console-love after that - didn't DQ VIII sell pretty well?

Well, if anything, the DQ IX features they were using with the DS's streetpass features were pretty interesting.  I put in a *lot* of time with that game.  Sounds like they're doing a similar thing with VII for the 3DS.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2013, 09:31:16 pm »

*Crosses fingers* -and- hopes *really*, really, R.E.A.L.L.Y. hard for a DQ VII (remake/re-master; whatever)+ a new DQ game that are playable on consoles  >:(

A lot of people on the Dragon's den expect that DQ VII 3DS will be brought over. DQ VIII did sell well actually. Was one of the best received PS2 games period. Squenix as a company just doesnt seem to care anymore about bringing anything over here anymore other than the horrible FF sequels.