Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191294 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2014, 06:57:59 am »
A lot of them are progress based, a few are for trying out certain modes others are pulling off attacks like a great heat attack for the first time.  And a very few are mission based/collecting artwork/story reenactment.

argyle

« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2014, 07:07:05 am »
A lot of them are progress based, a few are for trying out certain modes others are pulling off attacks like a great heat attack for the first time.  And a very few are mission based/collecting artwork/story reenactment.

Wow, sounds like a relatively easy plat.  :)  I usually don't even look at trophy lists for fighting games because most of them are along the lines of "win 200 online matches".
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2014, 09:30:36 am »
After adding 50 percent more pain to my already existed carpal tunnel, I have completed Wolfenstein 3D for the PC.  Man was this game actually very very fun and exciting with the exception of having to take breaks every 5 minutes due to my right wrist pain.

Just a self update for me so I can remember the games completed this year:

1.  Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.  Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.  Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.  Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.  Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.  Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7.  Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8.  Wolfenstein 3D (PC)

argyle

« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2014, 09:48:06 am »
I think I'm gonna go for the plat in R&C this weekend.  I did the bolt glitch Weds night/Thurs. to get the million bolts, and it looks like that's really the only time-consuming trophy.  The rest I'll need (besides finishing off the game, which I'm right at the end) is mainly getting all the gold bolts & skill points. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

bobster

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2014, 09:49:53 am »
I beat Final Fantasy: Mystic quest last night... That game wasn't very good. My younger self probably hadn't experienced a decent RPG before I played this way back when.

Some of the music was sufficiently epic though!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2014, 09:54:45 am »
I enjoyed Mystic Quest for what it is. I may need to run through it again soon, it's been a couple years.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2014, 10:02:26 am »
I enjoyed Mystic Quest for what it is. I may need to run through it again soon, it's been a couple years.
Yeah I've always said the same thing. It did some cool things that you didn't really see at the time. On screen enemies, being able to restart at the beginning of the fight when you died, some puzzle elements. Maybe if it had been a little longer than the 10 hours it took me, and with a deeper story, it would have been received better.

foxhack

« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2014, 08:57:53 am »
It was designed for beginners.

That was my first RPG, if it wasn't for that game I would be a CODbro or something. :P

argyle

« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2014, 07:12:50 am »
Finished Danganronpa yesterday morning.  Weird, trippy game - definitely looking forward to the sequel now.  :D

« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »
Code of Princess. Too bad the online area is always empty

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »
Code of Princess. Too bad the online area is always empty

How was it?  I really want to buy that game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2014, 06:50:02 pm »
I've been on a Castlevania kick lately. The Metroidvania ones, specifically.

I just recently completed Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. I almost beat Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (I can't beat the final battle of Death & Dracula at the same time). And I'm now working on Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2014, 08:57:46 pm »
I've been on a Castlevania kick lately. The Metroidvania ones, specifically.

I just recently completed Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. I almost beat Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (I can't beat the final battle of Death & Dracula at the same time). And I'm now working on Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

I take back the Portrait of Ruin comment. I beat the final battle against Dracula and Death together today when I took another stab at it!

bobster

« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2014, 12:29:11 pm »
My girlfriend and I just played through Castlevania II: Simon's Quest using a game genie. That game would be super frustrating without the game genie, or me having seen the Angry Video Game Nerd videos and knowing about kneeling with the crystals at the right spots.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2014, 02:45:42 pm »
My girlfriend and I just played through Castlevania II: Simon's Quest using a game genie. That game would be super frustrating without the game genie, or me having seen the Angry Video Game Nerd videos and knowing about kneeling with the crystals at the right spots.

I was stuck at the part where you had to kneel at certain point in front of a cliff for years on end! Luckily my grandma sent me a Nintendo Power that told me what to do in box of NES stuff (she was a gamer, so she'd send me her stuff when she was done with it back then). Otherwise I'd never have beaten it. I really liked the game except for that part, too. Loved the RPG elements added.