Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190094 times)

scott

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2014, 11:00:06 pm »
Finally beat Borderlands 2, thanks to playing it co-op on PC. I mistakenly looked down on this game, after having loved the first one. It's just as good as Borderlands was, but I still liked Mordecai better than Zero for sniping.

Completed Games of 2014:
1. Resogun (PS4)
2. Contrast (PS4)
3. Castlevania - NES Classics (GBA)
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
5. Diablo III (PC)
6. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (Campaign & Crusader to 70) (PC)
7. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (3DS VC)
8. Super Mario Land (GB)
9. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (GB)
10. Borderlands 2 (PC)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #421 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:34 am »
Courtney and I finished up Super Mario Sunshine (with all 120 shine sprites) over the weekend. It was my first time playing the game. It was pretty enjoyable, but I have my issues. I'm a big fan of Mario 64 so I compared it to Sunshine a lot while playing it. Sunshine's levels sometimes went on a bit too long. 8 shine sprites, and an additional 2 hidden ones, seemed like too much. Also, the blue coin collecting got really monotonous. On top of that, it never really felt like you needed to collect the shine sprites. If it was unlocking levels, you had no indication.

The FLUD mechanics were cool and it was a great looking game which was nice. I really enjoyed the Piantas as well.

But after getting all 120 sprites, and getting nothing but a different end credit picture for it, I came out of it a little frustrated.

tl:dr, Mario Sunshine was enjoyable, but Mario 64 is way better to me. More levels and getting stars to unlock them made it more fun.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #422 on: July 28, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »
^ Wow, impressive. Some of those sun-sprites seem impossible to get to!

I've played the hell out of that game and haven't come close to completing it. Guess it's time to go back. I'm stuck on that one level where it's a cliff-like island surrounded by water, and you are constantly climbing up it, and there are some cables you can walk across in certain sections. I always seem to fall down at some point, end up back at the bottom, and just get frustrated.

But I want to get further, because I love the game! I actually enjoy it a lot more than Super Mario 64, which felt big and empty to me and I couldn't get past it's uber-touchy controls.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:13:58 pm by burningdoom »

bobster

« Reply #423 on: July 28, 2014, 01:23:01 pm »

I've played the hell out of that game and haven't come close to completing it. Guess it's time to go back. I'm stuck on that one level where it's a cliff-like island surrounded by water, and you are constantly climbing up it, and there are some cables you can walk across in certain sections. I always seem to fall down at some point, end up back at the bottom, and just get frustrated.

But I want to get further, because I love the game! I actually enjoy it a lot more than Super Mario 64, which felt big and empty to me and I couldn't get past it's uber-touchy controls.
Well we have the strategy guide so after a while we just referred to that for the blue coins. We did a pretty thorough run through first, but then went back after to get what was left.

That level you're on can be a bit tough. Some parts of that platforming are really tough.

I believe we're tackling Super Mario 64 next (though we've been derailed by New Super Mario Wii U) but it may be that I've got rose tinted glasses currently. I'll have to update you once we start going through it! It'll be her first time playing it so I'm interested to see what she'll think of the game.

maximo310

« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2014, 01:41:34 pm »

I think you're probably on Noki Bay from the description of the level. It can definitely be a hard level to get used to, especially if you're trying to get all of the blue coins hidden in the cliff walls, and accidentally open up one of the walls that has something that sends you flying backwards back into the water. Some of the shine sprites can be easy to get, while some of the other ones( im thinking of mission 6 in noki bay) can take quite a lot of patience just to complete. I'm actually going back through the game right now to test other different things/scenarios to see what you can do depending on the mission/nozzle given, especially considering how much distance you can cover with the right maneuvers.

foxhack

« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »
Went back to Double Dragon Neon and completed it on Double Dragon difficulty, solo mode. 21/29 achievements done. Most of the others are grindy ones but I'll get to them eventually. :D

« Reply #426 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:42 pm »
Just beat Caslevania: Portrait of Ruin and I really enjoyed it.  I had already beat the other two in the DS trilogy and I might like this one best.  Those last two bosses are a nice challenge and a fitting end to the game.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #427 on: July 29, 2014, 09:03:49 pm »
Just beat Caslevania: Portrait of Ruin and I really enjoyed it.  I had already beat the other two in the DS trilogy and I might like this one best.  Those last two bosses are a nice challenge and a fitting end to the game.

Great game.

scott

« Reply #428 on: July 29, 2014, 10:22:41 pm »

Nice! I enjoyed Portrait, and the whole tandem characters thing. The whole game had some pretty epic moments in it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2014, 12:26:17 am »

Nice! I enjoyed Portrait, and the whole tandem characters thing. The whole game had some pretty epic moments in it.

It really did.  I'm glad to see other people really like Portrait of Ruin too.  Back when those games came out, we were spoiled by getting three great 2D Castlevania games on one system and now I wonder if we'll ever get another 2D one.  It has been a long time since Order of Ecclesia came out.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

90snostalga

« Reply #430 on: July 30, 2014, 03:06:22 pm »
Finally got Resident Evil 3 complete.  Still one of my favorite RE's of all time even tho' I've only ever played 1-3. 

Just a self update for me so I can remember the games completed this year:

1.  Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.  Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.  Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.  Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.  Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.  Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7.  Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8.  Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
9.  Diablo (PC)
10.Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
11.Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)
12.Pandora's Tower (Wii)
13.The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)
14.Super Mario Kart (SNES)
15.Kirby's Adventure (NES)
16.Watch Dogs (PC)
17.Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PC)

bobster

« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2014, 03:43:21 pm »
Finally got Resident Evil 3 complete.  Still one of my favorite RE's of all time even tho' I've only ever played 1-3. 
You should definitely give 4 a try. It's pretty damn good. I'm not a big Resident Evil fan, but I think 4 is considered very good by most everyone.

foxhack

« Reply #432 on: July 30, 2014, 03:51:27 pm »
Just avoid the original PC port. I've heard it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

90snostalga

« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2014, 01:12:42 am »
Had no idea that Kirbys Dream Land was that short of a game.  Even tho', I still loved it!  Kirbys is now in my top 5 video game characters.

Just a self update for me so I can remember the games completed this year:

1.  Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.  Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.  Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.  Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.  Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.  Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7.  Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8.  Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
9.  Diablo (PC)
10.Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
11.Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)
12.Pandora's Tower (Wii)
13.The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)
14.Super Mario Kart (SNES)
15.Kirby's Adventure (NES)
16.Watch Dogs (PC)
17.Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PC)
18.Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)

pacpix

« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »
I have had a save file on my Link to the Past SNES cart for a while that was missing one heart piece that I could never find.   So this week I started a new game and this time I found all the heart pieces so I finally got 100% completion in the game.  Also recently finished up Super Mario 3D World.  I finished the first bonus world, but really have no interest in finishing the rest of them.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)