Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 185472 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #495 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:19 pm »
Finally sat down and got the remaining achievements for Puzzler World 2.

Hell I even wrote a guide for the achievements. :p

90snostalga

« Reply #496 on: September 05, 2014, 03:49:40 am »
Check, Sonic 2 off my list.  Still after all these years, one of my favorite games of all time.

Self Update for me:

1.    Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)  (8/10)
2.    Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)  (7.5/10)
3.    Shenmue 2  (Xbox)  (9.5/10)
4.    Super Mario Bros. (NES)  (9/10)
5.    Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)  (8/10)
6.    Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)  (9.5/10)
7.    Donkey Kong Country (SNES)  (9/10)
8.    Wolfenstein 3D (PC)  (7/10)
9.    Diablo (PC)  (3/10)
10.  Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)  (8.5/10)
11.  Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)  (6.5/10)
12.  Pandora's Tower (Wii)  (7.5/10)
13.  The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)  (10/10)
14.  Super Mario Kart (SNES)  (8/10)
15.  Kirby's Adventure (NES)  (9/10)
16.  Watch Dogs (PC)  (8.5/10)
17.  Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PC)  (8/10)
18.  Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)  (7.5/10)
19.  Lollipop Chainsaw (360)  (10/10)
20.  Grand Theft Auto:  San Andreas (PS2)  (9/10)
21.  Halo:  Combat Evolved (360)  (9/10)
22.  Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (Genesis)  (8.5/10)
23.  Infamous (PS3)    (9/10)
24.  Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) (9/10)

darko

« Reply #497 on: September 05, 2014, 10:52:39 am »
I sat down and beat DuckTales 2 on Tuesday as part of the NES Challenge (beating all the licensed US NES releases over the course of a year...that can actually be beaten). It's much easier than the original IMO. You can buy extra lives, health, etc. While it's nice to have a reason to collect all of those diamonds - it makes the game even less challenging. I had never played the game before Tuesday, and I beat it in about an hour. It feels a lot like a dumbed down version of Mega Man, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I suppose.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #498 on: September 05, 2014, 11:09:13 am »
I sat down and beat DuckTales 2 on Tuesday as part of the NES Challenge (beating all the licensed US NES releases over the course of a year...that can actually be beaten). It's much easier than the original IMO. You can buy extra lives, health, etc. While it's nice to have a reason to collect all of those diamonds - it makes the game even less challenging. I had never played the game before Tuesday, and I beat it in about an hour. It feels a lot like a dumbed down version of Mega Man, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I suppose.

How many games have ya'll beaten so far?  I watched your stream a little bit the other day.  You boys are pretty bad at Contra. 

darko

« Reply #499 on: September 05, 2014, 11:15:49 am »
Ha ha. We never claimed to be awesome at any of them. My skill level varies greatly depending on how hard I concentrate. We're really just doing it for fun, so I'm sure there will be plenty of bad runs.

I think we've beaten about 20 or so thus far? We've really only had about 14 hours of playing, so I don't feel too bad about that number. There are so many games on the NES that I've never even touched - I'm sure we'll have some that take waaaay too long to beat because of that.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #500 on: September 05, 2014, 11:37:29 am »
Break out the Game Genie.  You'll never finish Silver Surfer.

Be sure to let me know when you get to the Sesame Street games.  I want to watch a room full of grown men play Big Bird's Hide and Speak.

darko

« Reply #501 on: September 05, 2014, 01:28:41 pm »
I think we've already beaten two sesame street games. If you go to our channel I think one of them is set to highlights. It was pretty funny.

argyle

« Reply #502 on: September 05, 2014, 10:49:34 pm »
Woo! I just unlocked the last 2 trophies in Pinball Hall of Fame for the PS3.  That Williams Challenge was pretty nasty (beat a predetermined score on every table playing them in a set order, and you get no more than 3 chances per table - fail & start over at the beginning).  I was on my last game for the last 2 tables when I beat them.   :o

So my updated games completed list is:

Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Pt. 1
Bravely Default demo
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Y's: Memories of Celceta
DMC
South Park: The Stick of Truth
inFamous: Second Son
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havok
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Ghost Squad
Retro Game Challenge
Fallout 3
Batman: Arkham Origins
P.T.
Pinball Hall of Fame
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #503 on: September 06, 2014, 12:34:17 am »

By "completed" I mean I beat the entire main questline.

I also beat the Warsworn, House of Ballads, and House of Sorrows questlines, in addition to the main questline.

Fantastic, large, and detailed open-world action-RPG.

There's still plenty of side-quest stuff to do to keep me busy for hours upon hours here.

And now I also completed the Arcanum and Travelers storylines.

Just to be clear:

Warsworn = Fighters Guild
Travelers = Thieves Guild
Arcanum = Mages Guild

And then the House of Ballads and House of Sorrows are similar to the "House" questlines in Morrowind.
I seriously loved every moment of this game and am sad that it actually "ended". After Ni no Kuni and DQ VIII replay, this one will most definitely follow.

« Reply #504 on: September 06, 2014, 09:22:54 pm »
While not technically "completed", I did beat a run of the main story in Dead Rising 3.  Overall I really enjoyed it.  It's goofy crazy fun as always.  I liked that they made the regular game easier and allowed you to have full freedom in what you wanted to do, not rushing you along.  There is a nightmare mode where I assume it to be more like the traditional DR gametype of rushing to get a few things done amid the main missions and is supposed to be harder.

I also still have the the little DLC packs they released to play through for a couple hours more play and I'm gonna be going back through the game to get all the collectibles I missed.

« Reply #505 on: September 09, 2014, 01:24:54 am »
After 120 something hours I just finished both endings to Bravely Default. I knocked everything out before the last crystal first so I could get both endings back to back. So worth it! that game was awesome... What to play next..... hm...

retroone

« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »
Finally completed Duck Tales Remastered for the Xbox 360!! Time to go achievement hunting!

90snostalga

« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2014, 09:46:06 am »
Fable the lost chapters, done  :) I chose the dark side is anyone is wondering. HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHANHA :)

« Reply #508 on: September 16, 2014, 03:39:48 pm »
I recently finished Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime on DS and I think it is a very charming and unique game.  It kind of has the feel of topdown Zelda's with simplified combat and puzzle mechanics with the addition of tank battles where you can load ammo into your own tank and sneak or break into your opponent's tank to mess with it and the characters loading ammo.  Rocket Slime is more lighthearted than other Dragon Quest games and stuffed full of bad puns.  While the game is not perfect, the game doesn't overstay its welcome and has some nice extra for anyone who wants to play more than 12-14 hours.  if you like to play games that are unique or are a fan of Dragon Quest (and don't mind that this isn't a traditional RPG) then I highly recommend it.  I could see this game going up in value over time as more and more people discover it and want to get a copy for their collection.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

kevininja

« Reply #509 on: September 16, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »
I recently beat The Last of Us, I loved every second of it!

List of games I beat this year:
1. Pokémon Y (3DS)
2. Saints Row The Third (PS3)
3. Saints Row IV (PS3)
4. Moon (NDS)
5. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (3DS VCH)
6. Dishonored (PS3)
7. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (NDS)
8. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
9. Half-Life 2 (PS3)
10. Children of Mana (NDS)
11. Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow (NDS)
12. Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! (3DS)
13. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
14. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PSN)
15. The Last of Us (PS3)