Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 187579 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #660 on: January 30, 2015, 04:45:11 pm »
BurningDoom's List of 2015 Beaten Games:

1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)

2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)

Well, I'm as close to beating this one as I'm gonna get, at least. I've gotten all the way to the final battle against Psaro the Manslayer. But I've battled him multiple times now and every single time my entire party gets wiped out. And I have the best gear.

Anyways, besides that crazy-hard final battle, the game was VERY enjoyable. So much so that I'm on a Dragon Quest kick now. I also picked up DQ VI on DS and DQVIII on PS2.

I originally played this game as DW IV on NES. And I loved it then. But the updated graphics and controls do wonders to this game and make it that much better.

maximo310

« Reply #661 on: January 30, 2015, 09:26:56 pm »
BurningDoom's List of 2015 Beaten Games:

1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)

Well, I'm as close to beating this one as I'm gonna get, at least. I've gotten all the way to the final battle against Psaro the Manslayer. But I've battled him multiple times now and every single time my entire party gets wiped out. And I have the best gear.

Anyways, besides that crazy-hard final battle, the game was VERY enjoyable. So much so that I'm on a Dragon Quest kick now. I also picked up DQ VI on DS and DQVIII on PS2.

I originally played this game as DW IV on NES. And I loved it then. But the updated graphics and controls do wonders to this game and make it that much better.
What's your setup for Psaro? Depending on far you get in the battle, and your party members, you might have to adjust your strategy to beat him, since I distinctly remember that Psaro has a ton of attacks at his disposal, and I remember that buffing up during certain phases as well as endurance was the only way to get past this battle, since his total hp is somewhere close to 12,000.  I know that the secret final boss for the ds remake was a lot more of a pain in the ass than psaro's 7 form battle.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #662 on: January 31, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »
I've tried a few different combinations. I think I need to take a break and cone back.

mark1982

« Reply #663 on: February 01, 2015, 05:13:23 am »
Just finished Master of Darkness for the Sega Master System. Fun game, not too difficult reminded me of older Konami titles. Nice variations of weapons, boss fights are not as good as Castlevania titles though..

l    l 

« Reply #664 on: February 02, 2015, 01:42:08 am »
Just beat Dying Light.  Overall I liked it, a definite improvement over Dead Island, though they simplified the weaponry and crafting items in this game and I felt it lacked variety because of it, but it's a lot of fun running around, climbing buildings, grapple hooking around, smash zombie skulls in, and it even has some enjoyable asymmetrical multiplayer.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #665 on: February 02, 2015, 12:17:59 pm »
Just finished Master of Darkness for the Sega Master System. Fun game, not too difficult reminded me of older Konami titles. Nice variations of weapons, boss fights are not as good as Castlevania titles though..

I've seen this reviewed a few times in old magazines and on YouTube reviews. I REALLY want to play it. But it's just so hard for me to come across Master System games anymore.

abe

« Reply #666 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:37 am »
Just finished up inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4) today. It's alright. I've never been a huge fan of the inFAMOUS series, and this one just feels like more of the same, but with a bit more polish. It's definitely not something I would've bought, but it was good fun for a PlayStation Plus freebie. It also has a pretty easy platinum trophy, which I might go for eventually, but for now it's just a bit too boring for me.

2015 Completion List
1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3. Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4. The Swapper (PS4)
5. inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

mark1982

« Reply #667 on: February 05, 2015, 11:30:19 am »

I've seen this reviewed a few times in old magazines and on YouTube reviews. I REALLY want to play it. But it's just so hard for me to come across Master System games anymore.

I know what you mean, its been ages since I've seen any Master System games for sale. I got lucky last year at a group garage sale, some guy had a box full of Master System games along with the console. Grabbed the whole lot and Master of Darkness was in it. Only problem was everything was completely covered in dust but I still managed to clean it all up, all looks new again  8)
  l    l 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #668 on: February 16, 2015, 04:40:41 pm »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)

3. Monster in my Pocket (NES)

Man I've been going slow this year. Guess that happens when you have a baby.

Good NES game. Action-platformer, that has some nice production-values, but a tad on the easy side for an NES game. By Konami. It's based on some toy-line that I honestly don't even remember (and I was a kid then, it must not have been too popular). You get to play as a tiny version of either Dracula or Frankenstein's Monster.

It's a pretty good game, especially considering it's a licensed game. Tight controls with a very cool little double-jump move. Light-platforming elements. Nice graphics for the NES. Since you're a tiny monster, everything else in the game is huge, and it looks cool seeing everything from that perspective, in 8-bit. And some REALLY GOOD NES music on this. That was the best part of this game.

The downside is the difficulty, though. It is a bit easy, as I mentioned. And it's not very long. I think it was 7, maybe 8 stages. I played it one-player and beat the game (albeit with one sliver of health left, but still, I haven't played this game since I was very little). It also has a two-player mode, which probably makes this game a breeze. Took me under an hour to beat it.

Well, that is until you get to the final stage. Then suddenly the henchmen enemies are much stronger, and you through a boss-rush of all the previous bosses in the game like Mega Man. And the final boss after that, while not too difficult, does take a lot of damage to take down.

All in all, though, if you find this one for cheap. Pick it up. Easy it may be, but it's still fun for a short play-through.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:58:40 pm by burningdoom »

psydswipe

« Reply #669 on: February 16, 2015, 05:47:38 pm »
I played through To the Moon yesterday. It's an indie game and only about three hours long. Interesting game, though I didn't think it was as emotional as many of the Steam user reviews made it out to be. That said, the only reason to play it is for the story as the gameplay is limited. Most of the game involves jumping from one brief scene to another. You see what happened, click on five objects, and then do one quick and easy puzzle before moving onto the next scene (same type of puzzle throughout the whole game, just flipping some squares to make an image).

Last week I finished Valkyria Chronicles on PC. I had played through that on PS3 five years ago and just wanted to play it again so I got the PC version when it was on sale.

devancowan

« Reply #670 on: February 17, 2015, 10:49:53 pm »
Just wrapped up Etrian Odyssey Untold after about 75 hours. Some what of a disappointing ending but Im thoroughly happy with the overall game!

2015 Completed:
Sunset Overdrive
Etrian Odyssey Untold

mrnikon

« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2015, 02:58:51 pm »
Just finished Xenoblade. Darn game took me almost year to finish...Now i am working on the second run through if it got to get all the side quests done this time!

« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2015, 03:00:56 pm »
Wrapped up Shadow of Mordor (meh) and Infamous: First Light (yay) this weekend. Hell yeah, three day weekends!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #673 on: February 21, 2015, 02:06:55 am »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
3. Monster in my Pocket (NES)

4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

I freaking loved this game, so very much! If you like old-school gaming, action-platformers, good chip-tune music, and RPG-elements in your games; then you'll probably adore this as much as I did.

Take a bit of Mega Man, Castlevania, Zelda II, and DuckTales and mix them all-together and that's kind of how the gameplay is. It's an amalgam of the best NES games, but they blend it so well that it never feels like too much crammed in.

Get this game if you have access to it, you won't be disappointed.

retroone

« Reply #674 on: February 21, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »
I recently completed The Walking Dead Season 2 on PS4.
It's a great game that had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole game. It's kind of hard to talk about it without giving away and spoilers but if you enjoyed season 1 pick this one up as well. I just wish there was a platinum for it.