Author Topic: Matt's ToDo List  (Read 20105 times)

matt

Re: Matt's ToDo List
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 02:26:32 pm »
Fortunately I didn't lose any of the actual code so I simply need to update the database to give people access to it. I'll be doing that tonight or tomorrow. You'll see a news post about it. :)

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 05:08:09 pm »
How about adding linebreaks to descriptions and publisher blurbs?

scott

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 05:39:55 pm »
How about adding linebreaks to descriptions and publisher blurbs?

I concur.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 06:25:50 pm »
@foxhack, @scott - Linebreaks are now allowed. Let me know if this causes any issues.

matt

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 06:30:21 pm »
I'd also like to bump this thread and get some more ideas rollings. Obviously I have a good sized list up there but I'd like to know what everyone thinks should be a priority so I can spend time on the features you all want.

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 08:54:14 pm »
Looks like it's working just fine.

empovyle

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 10:10:14 pm »
How about better profiles? All they're really used for now are finding posts/discussions and going to their collections. I don't have any specific ideas, but I'm sure it can't be hard to come up with some.. it's not high up on the priority list either. Just a suggestion I came up with.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:39 pm »
How about better profiles? All they're really used for now are finding posts/discussions and going to their collections. I don't have any specific ideas, but I'm sure it can't be hard to come up with some.. it's not high up on the priority list either. Just a suggestion I came up with.

That's a good idea.  The stuff in the profile isn't of much use so far... just activity logs and such.  A place to show our most recent adds to our collection, gamertag info, collection photos, etc. would be awesome!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 12:29:25 am »
Fancy profile pages could be fun. I think they need to be simple though. There are so many times I visit websites and i am turned off by a cluttered profile page. VGCollect is simple, that's it's charm IMO

foxhack

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 08:36:58 am »
Ideas for profiles:
Homepage, Steam / XBox / PSN / Wii / whatever profile links (hidden if desired)
External links (homepage, gallery, youtube, ebay, etc.)

rachel

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »
Right now, my profile says that "rachel changed his profile picture." Oh no! O___O

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »
Right now, my profile says that "rachel changed his profile picture." Oh no! O___O

Heh, yeah, I noticed the gender issue there a while back but thought I'd let it go for the time being  X)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 03:55:15 pm »

Heh, yeah, I noticed the gender issue there a while back but thought I'd let it go for the time being  X)

haha, you know I saw this before too, but forgot about it.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 02:00:21 pm »
How about adding thumbnail pics to the android app like the site?  I like to browse my collection with them!

matt

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 06:15:44 am »
@jeffgames This is something I really want to add to the app too. I'm building this out as i learn Android development so as you'll notice...updates come slowly...