Author Topic: Edit submissions ignored  (Read 2765 times)

Edit submissions ignored
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:23:29 pm »
So how long does it take? I submitted a picture for Prototype 2 radnet edition about a week ago, and nothing has been done yet. I don't see why a game with no picture at all isn't just allowed to add the picture instantly.

jcalder8

Re: Edit submissions ignored
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:43:31 pm »
That is weird, it usually only takes a couple days. Maybe there was a problem with the picture.

Also, welcome to the site!

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »
So how long does it take? I submitted a picture for Prototype 2 radnet edition about a week ago, and nothing has been done yet.
I handled the submission. I rejected the picture - I don't remember why exactly since it was, well, a week ago. Sorry about that. I usually replace pictures myself when something is wrong with them but this one must've slipped my mind.

I don't see why a game with no picture at all isn't just allowed to add the picture instantly.
Many of the games in the database have no images because I remove cover art that has watermarks, is too small, too grainy, is the wrong region, etc. Users submit the wrong images and I delete / reject them. We prefer to have some sort of level of accuracy instead of just having an image there. ;) I tend to send PMs to folks about this to explain why since we don't have any sort of notification system in place at the moment. But again, it slipped my mind.

I've added cover artwork and other info to the entry.

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:31:56 pm »
I havent had any submissions approved in the past couple of days.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »
I havent had any submissions approved in the past couple of days.
What did you submit? I cleared the backlog over the past two days. The only stuff that's on the queue right now is a trio of hardware corrections but since I don't quite get how those work (my experience is with games, not hardware) I leave 'em alone.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:44:20 pm by foxhack »

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »
Thanks!

soera

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:04 pm »

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 10:33:09 pm »
I added a pic for http://vgcollect.com/item/41097 and for http://vgcollect.com/item/28822
I definitely didn't see any pictures for those two items in the queue while I was clearing it out.

Please resubmit them. The queue's basically empty right now so I should be able to approve them right away.

scott

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:23:06 am »
Sorry, I've been ridiculously busy this whole week and haven't really been near the PC much at all.

Thanks for going through those submissions, Foxhack.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30:29 am »
Both re-submitted.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 12:35:23 am »
Uh ... you sure?

Nothing is showing up in the queue! And I checked the entries so nobody has approved them either... Could you please attach the pictures to a reply here? Or say where you got them from (a website, etc.)

I'm guessing the server isn't accepting those photos for some reason. I've had issues at some sites where JPG images use a funky compression scheme that messes up stuff when server software tries to resize or rescale them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:40:59 am by foxhack »

soera

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 09:27:03 am »
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:32:46 am by soera »

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:06 am »
Okay, I just uploaded the Jogcon image and it shows up in the queue, so something is definitely up with your computer.

What OS are you using, and what browser?

soera

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 10:48:18 am »
I switched to Linux cause of my recent hard drive crash. It downloads the pics to my computer but doesnt seem to allow anything to use them after unlike my old OS.

foxhack

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:22 am »
... what.

I have little experience with Linux (I only used it to get a butt penguin on TF2) so I can't help you there. Sorry. :(