Author Topic: Looking for Collection Photos  (Read 38573 times)

madmax

Re: Looking for Collection Photos
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »
Unfortunately, my collection has gotten too big to display it infront of the red wall anymore :( Have to do it on the floor, bleh. Not a great picture :(

jobocan

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »
That's totally smexy :P

« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2012, 08:25:27 am »
Would a photo like this work or do you prefer pictures that are of whole collections or sub collections?

http://i.imgur.com/qj3W3.jpg

scott

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2012, 10:34:18 am »
@maverickrenegade I could prolly make that work. The point is to showcase folk's stuff on the main page, so if you just wanted to show off Snow Brothers then I don't see a problem with it. The image rotater chooses 5 random images that are in the folder so the more the merrier!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2012, 11:24:01 pm »
how about this

Photobucket

i think it needs to be resized but i you guys can do that

matt

« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 08:10:34 am »
@htimreimer wow that's one of the best looking collections I've ever seen! O_o

madmax

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »
@htimreimer  Maybe take some of the games out, lay them out and take a picture of those. We want to see what the games are :)

forte

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
Photobucket

I'm planning to buy some shelving for these, but I wanted to show how large my collection has gotten. And that's STILL not all of it, I couldn't get the PC games to fit in the frame (and the Star Force games still got cut off at the bottom). Still...that's a shitload of Mega Man

madmax

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
Dat collection. So jelly. Congrats ^_^

scott

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2012, 09:34:03 pm »
@forte I'll see what I can do about updating that image. I still don't have access to the ftp yet though... and have a couple more to upload for other folks too, including an updated one for myself. Speaking of an updated image here's a new shot of my wall with Dracula X, Kid Dracula and Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra. Just need Castlevania: Double Pack for the GBA for one of every game released in the States. woot.

forte

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2012, 07:49:22 am »
No need to update the image, you had to crop the last one and that one isn't as good of a picture. I have no idea how to properly display what I have without going out and buying expensive shelving, so I've been keeping it in a wooden cabinet until I can do so. The cabinet doesn't display well at all so I have to take it out like that to get pictures. The sheer number of games makes it hard to do so, by my last count there were close to 100.

Now that Castlevania set up, that's what I'd like to be able to do!

darko

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:51 pm »
@forte

The shelving @scott is using isn't very expensive. It's the same thing I used to display my consoles.

scott

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2012, 03:01:25 pm »
Yup I think I only have maybe 30 bucks into that unit. I'm actually debating on taking it down and adding longer rails and another shelf to it...

forte

« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2012, 04:00:44 pm »
I know that shelving isn't that costly, what I meant is I wish I could shelve mine so easily. With about 100 Mega Man games alone and all the figures and art books and such, I will need a lot more than that lol. I still need to get pics of all my posters too...

madmax

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »
shelves = sun damage?
I'm too afraid to display my games :/