Author Topic: Looking for Collection Photos  (Read 38380 times)

scott

Re: Looking for Collection Photos
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 02:03:35 pm »
Nice! Plushie cuteness OVERLOAD!

I think I like the 2nd pic better and there's no problem with the beige background. I'll fix it up later tonight and save it with the rest. As for putting it on the front page, we're gonna keep the images down to 5 or 6 at a time. So we might wait to add it when we rotate fresh pictures into place... I'm not sure if @matt has decided when we should swap new images in and out.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:03 pm »
Would it be possible to put all of them in the database and randomize the image order? That way you wouldn't have to manually change the order/pictures all the time. I don't know the structure of the site so I don't know if it's even possible. Just an idea.

matt

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 02:39:38 pm »
@darko You read my mind. I'll be pushing that update out later tonight.

scott

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 03:30:37 pm »
Would it be possible to put all of them in the database and randomize the image order? That way you wouldn't have to manually change the order/pictures all the time. I don't know the structure of the site so I don't know if it's even possible. Just an idea.

I like it, then we could put in multiple pictures for users, like brettybluevein's Arcade and Mario collections or my Game Boy and Castlevania stuff etc, etc. The more the merrier equals more randomness.

amauriel

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 06:10:13 pm »
Thanks everyone! My husband was hilarious about it too: "You mean people WANT to see pictures of those stupid things?"

But then he was very sweet. The second one was my favorite too. I liked getting the two cows into two different positions. I checked: One was for A Wonderful Life, the other was for Tree of Tranquility and says 10th anniversary on the tag, if anyone is trying to eBay the collection.

And yeah, a randomizer would be awesome. Eventually we'll have a house with a game room and I can more easily get all these pictures. I have at least as much stuff for Zelda as well, my husband has a scary big Resident Evil collection (tons of action figures along with all the games and controllers) and I recently got a Japanese R.O.B. and would like to get some good pictures with the two of them.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

madmax

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 06:26:16 pm »
I recently got a Japanese R.O.B. and would like to get some good pictures with the two of them.

ROB and the husband? :p

amauriel

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 12:11:53 am »
U.S. R.O.B. and Japanese R.O.B.....Jeez. And LOL.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30:59 am »
Randomizer works now. I also lowered the quality of the images so they load faster. Currently we still only have the ability to use 1 image per user, but I'm sure @matt can come up with something. Also, I noticed @darko's image isn't up yet, so we'll need to fix that.

Currently we are running with 6 images so it might not seem different. As we add pictures it will become more and more random.

darko

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 11:45:14 am »
Yeah, I noticed that too :) I figured someone would get it up eventually.

hexen

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 03:53:24 am »
Photobucket

Here is a bunch of video game bobblehads I have. I think it would make a pretty neat banner.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 11:24:19 am »
Heh, that's cute that Link is standing on top of a Gamecube.  Nice collection!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:42 am »
Yeah, I noticed that too :) I figured someone would get it up eventually.

"That's what she said."  Sorry, had to do it, even though it's 8 in the morning.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »
Can there be a photos section/link in our profiles or collection page?  Would be nice to look at someone's collection or profile and then be able to take a look at how they've got things arranged.

I need to reorganize my room/collection and snap of a picture sometime...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:18 pm »
I'm gonna have to take a new picture soon. Ive been adding tons to my collection and I'm gonna have to stop for a while. Once I get my wonderswan games ill take another one :)

scott

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:13 pm »
I'm gonna have to take a new picture soon.

No doubt, I've been adding a ton to my collection as well, as soon as I have boxed copies of Castlevania and Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse I'll be making @matt update my image ha