Author Topic: Forza and Racing Games  (Read 2240 times)

sin2beta

Forza and Racing Games
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:10 am »
I've only had an Xbox and Xbox 360 for about a year so don't have too much experience. But I am addicted to the Forza franchise. I recently picked up Forza Horizon and love both of them.

Do you have any favorite modern racing games or franchises? I've heard the Need for Speed games are fun. I also heard things about Blur a while back.

Does anyone know if Moto GP or SBK is any good? I'm a big motorcycle fan. However, I only remember Hang On and Road Rash being good.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

Re: Forza and Racing Games
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »
MotoGP is hard.  I'm a GT5 fan, so I'm not afraid of a simulation level racer, but MotoGP wasn't any fun for me.  I totally expected to love it, since I ride IRL, and occasionally follow the MotoGP season.  But yeah, not so much.

Have you played the Burnout series?  There is some arcadey fun to be had there.

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:18:24 pm »
The only modern racing game I own is Mario Kart Wii, nothing else is needed.  ;D
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:33:41 pm »
I really enjoy Need for Speed and Burnout.  I have not played any of the games past gamecube era.  I also really like the MX vs ATV series.  There is a lot of vehicles from golf carts and monster trucks to airplanes!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:59:00 pm »
The only modern racing game I own is Mario Kart Wii, nothing else is needed.  ;D
You need Double Dash and Mario Kart DS, too. I started playing Sonic Racing AllStars or something like that. It's a pretty good game.

soera

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:07:57 pm »

I think the Mario kart games are pretty fun. My daughter is obsessed with the one on the wii. I also like RC pro am on the NES (havent really played much of the second one yet).

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »
(havent really played much of the second one yet).

If I remember right the second one was a lot of fun.  My dad brought that home with an NES from a yardsale when I was around five and I played it all the time.  Still don't know what happened to that system.  Had at least twenty games, and RC Pro am II is not very cheap :(

soera

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:26 pm »
Yeah Im looking forward to playing it. Its not at my house atm (weird situation that I cant wait till its resolved but thats another story) but when it is, Im going to try it out.

scott

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 11:57:00 pm »
I tried Forza, and didn't really like it. Though, I like more arcade in my Racers, so that's prolly why.

I loved Need for Speed: High Stakes, NFS: Underground, Burnout 3 and Revenge. Plus the Mario Kart games are always fun, multiplayer. Oh and the Outrun game on XBLA is a blast, but I think it's no longer available.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:44:49 am »
I loved Need for Speed: High Stakes

Definitely agree with you there!  Probably my favorite NFS game, played it all the time on PC!

psydswipe

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 06:19:50 am »
Need for Speed tends to be hit and miss, like some but not all. Didn't like the latest one as much as I expected to and really I can't even remember which are my favorites (they release way too many). Forza Horizon is fun as you've already discovered. One possibly overlooked game is Driver: San Francisco. It does have a story I didn't care too much about but just doing the side stuff is great. The game has a feature where you can jump between cars while racing since this is basically going on inside a guy's head (I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, been a while since I played, plus the story isn't important). What you can do is be in a race and behind, then jump into a civilian car farther up the road, cause an accident to block the other racers and then jump back into your car. Or you could have a partner and you both have to finish first/second, so you could get one car way out in front and then jump into the CPU partner car to help them get ahead, basically controlling two racers in one race. Plus it's an open world modeled after San Francisco.

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »
Sweet!

I am definitely trying these out. I found motoGP for the original XBOX on ebay cheap, so I picked it up. I feel like I won't like it, but want to try. To be honest, pressing the stick left to turn left on a motorcycle game is so unnatural. Counter steer people! It works for cars, but not motorcycles. Steering wheels make it worse. I do feel a motorcycle simulator would actually benefit from Wii style controls.

I think on my radar are NFS, Blur, and Burnout. I've also seen some good stuff for Test Drive Unlimited and Midnight Club.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:02 pm »
I played the hell out of forza 2 and loved it. motogp 06 is good motogp 08 was not as good(only two I played) I hate grid.
all the dirts are amazing(even better then forza) :o
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 12:00:35 am »
nfs underground 2 was my fav but most wanted was good and prolly cheap now. midnight club was fun but a lot of ppl seem to say it sucked compared to old ones. not sure if your in to dirt bikes or atvs or trucks but mx vs atv reflex was really good(I thought) pgr 3 and 4 was good but forza was better.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

scott

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 12:09:44 am »
I really enjoyed Midnight Club 1 on PS2. But never played any of the others... once I played NFS Underground there was no turning back.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread