Author Topic: Save Your Change v2.0  (Read 5222 times)

Re: Save Your Change v2.0
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:31 am »
I don't think I could ever go the "debit card only" route. Possibly because I run a store, and know how much percentages come out of my sales because of cards. Plus, if you're dealing with mom and pop shops, they tend to give you a better deal if you show them greenbacks.
What store do you run, scott?
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

scott

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 12:12:12 pm »
Oh I sell utility trailers and parts. Its my dads business , but I am the main guy in the office for the most part, nowadays.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »
Oh I sell utility trailers and parts. Its my dads business , but I am the main guy in the office for the most part, nowadays.

Oh, nice! I immediately thought game store  ;D Can you recommend any good stores in MI?
I make music.

scott

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:39:07 pm »
Game Stores in Michigan? Well, when I was living in Midland I'd go to Game On and Game Traders. I've gotten good finds at both. But Game On did seem slightly more organized. I also think they had a better selection. I found good prices at both.

I know our one friend opened a new store in Bay City called 1-Up Games. But I haven't had a chance to swing in and check it out yet. Maybe I'll do that after work sometime this week.

In Saginaw there is Video Games Plus, some folks think his prices are a little out there, but he does have a lot of stock. I've gotten some good finds there as well.

soera

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 12:50:08 am »
Well, Im closer to RR2. Im at $94.40 atm ... however the guy that was holding the game for me had to sell it to pay a medical bill. :( So I may not get it for the price I was wanting.  :-\

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:45 am »
Game Stores in Michigan? Well, when I was living in Midland I'd go to Game On and Game Traders. I've gotten good finds at both. But Game On did seem slightly more organized. I also think they had a better selection. I found good prices at both.

I know our one friend opened a new store in Bay City called 1-Up Games. But I haven't had a chance to swing in and check it out yet. Maybe I'll do that after work sometime this week.

Ooh, that's far, maybe i'll try to hit them up next time I go out that way camping, thanks!
I make music.

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »
Trying to use cash more often these days in an attempt to start cutting my credit card debt down.  I dropped $25 on the ground the other day and thankfully found it before someone else got to it, reminding me why I don't usually use cash -__-

but!  Using cash means my piggy bank is a lot heavier than it was compared to the the first round of SYC... fingers crossed for a PS4!  haha
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »
I'm planning on putting my change toward the ps4...

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 08:21:46 pm »
I'm planning on putting my change toward the ps4...

Ha, yeah, for you it'd be like a nice quarter of it right there.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:28 pm »
I think we are slightly over halfway through the saving period?

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 07:04:14 pm »
I think we are slightly over halfway through the saving period?

Feels like it's been longer than that... but yeah, October, I think, right?  I've been trying to spend cash lately instead of plastic in order to pare down the credit card debt, so my piggy bank is super heavy and maybe 3/4 full.  *excite*
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »
Mine is empty. I had to take my entire savings since the beginning of the first round ($55 total) and put it into the bank to pay the water bill. :(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »
Mine's lacking. I don't know if I'll reach Snow Bros levels like I wanted. If I don't, I may just hold onto it for another 6 months.

scott

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2013, 08:55:28 am »
One month to go! I counted my quarters a few weeks ago and was sitting in the mid $90s. I'm thinking I'm not going to hit the same, or better, amount as last time. Though I didn't count my dimes and such either. Still planning to put it toward the PS4 purchase, so what ever I end up with will at least take most of the sting out of it.

soera

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 10:09:44 am »
How the hell do you end up with that much change? I havent gotten $90 total and thats from both rounds of saving. The first round I finally ended up with $55 and I had to put it in the bank to pay my water bill. This time around its not even $20 (of course cause the wife keeps going into it and taking some out for the kids).