Author Topic: song's that have help or changed you  (Read 1843 times)

htimreimer

song's that have help or changed you
« on: May 02, 2013, 05:57:32 am »

i have two questions and you can either answer one of them or both of them

do you have a song that help you get thru a tough time?
do you have a song that changed you?

field Of innocence by evanescence has both help and changed me, just by reading the lyrics of the song and you can tell that the song is about someone that has or is starting to separate from god/religion

sin2beta

Re: song's that have help or changed you
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:05:44 am »
I don't know if a song has really changed me. But they have influenced my interests.

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana was the first song that really got me into music. As a kid I listened to CDs of the Eagles and such. This is what my parents listened to. Smells Like Teen Spirit was the first song that I liked on my own. It influenced me to get a guitar and learn to play.

The album that changed my lifestyle and shaped my attitude was Green Day's Dookie. The moment Burnout played as track 1, I associated myself with the punk scene. As the years went on other bands became more important. I much prefer the political punk music of Bad Religion, Black Flag, NOFX, Pennywise, etc. But nothing was as influential as Green Day to me.

At this point I have heard enough music that I don't think any other album will hit me like those two did.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
The album that changed my lifestyle and shaped my attitude was Green Day's Dookie.

This was exactly me too. As much as people want to slam on Green Day (no skills, horrible sounds, only knows 3 chords, etc) I dont care. It was the single most awesome CD in my life and it defined what I was.

As far as a song to get me through a tough time, that would be courtesy of Metallica's Load CD. It was at a bad time in my life when that CD (and incidentally FFVII) came out. I would blare one while playing the other and between the pair of those, it helped me through it. I will forever cherish both of those.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »
do you have a song that help you get thru a tough time?
for me that is I really just go and put on the band Thrice. not any specific song though. I don't know why, but it has always just calms me down.

do you have a song that changed you?
I can narrow it down to 2 Bands Zebrahead and Thrice. Those were the two bands I found out about by myself not through any friends, family members, or Radio and through them I started to listen bands they toured with, had Sessions with, Where formers members went off to, and from other fans of those bands suggested.

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:26 pm »
The album that changed my lifestyle and shaped my attitude was Green Day's Dookie.

As much as people want to slam on Green Day (no skills, horrible sounds, only knows 3 chords, etc) I dont care.
for me green day is more frustrating then bad, they have lots of talent but they rarely ever use it, billie joe has one the best voices in music but he is so lock in to doing punk rock that he can never expand and try something new with his voice. i would love to see them release an experimental album and let them try different genres and sounds but unfortunately i don't think we will ever see that happen     

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 11:53:50 pm »
Anything by living sacrifice, demon hunter and pain by grammatrain

It's not that I only listen to Christian music it's that Christian music only seemed to help me and not bring me down.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:56:58 pm by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 01:43:11 am »
I've had a few recently by a group known as Listener, they're more like spoken word over slight music, but one of their songs "Seatbelt hands" really reminds me of an ex girlfriend, when we dated. Glad she's grown up and over that part of her life. It's just fantastic writing, I'd highly recommend checking it out.

brunauss

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »
Affirmation by Savage Garden off the album Affirmation.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

kokonami

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 12:46:19 am »
In my younger years, Linkin Park was my go-to band. Their lyrics were always powerful yet sad/angry in some way, and it really hit home for me.

But, I think a song that really changed me was Second Chance by Shinedown. Another song with strong lyrics, Second Chance sort of illustrated the ideas and feelings I had way back when, about how you shouldn't let your "one and only voice" go unheard because you're afraid of what others think of it -- and that sometimes, we have to make hard decisions in the hopes that we find something better come from the struggle. Because... Sometimes, goodbye is a second chance.
Currently playing: Okage: Shadow King, Odin Sphere, Drakengard
On the hunt for: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia(DS), Alundra (PS1), and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS).

I don't think you realize how much I love Crobats.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 11:08:04 pm »
Nothing Else Matter from Metallica is one of the song which really made me want to learn to speak English.

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 07:23:32 pm »
Definitely this one.

:P

Yeah, not much really. I can't think of a specific song that ever really helped me or anything. I think Gamma Ray's Heart of the Unicorn is really the one I can mention since it's what got me into metal... Nothing to do with the senseless lyrics or anything. I listened to some metal before that, but this is the song that really got me into it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 01:43:19 pm »
I don't know that they've "helped" and/or "changed" me -but- both Total Eclipse of the Heart / Eclipso total del amor (both the English & Spanish versions) & Bette Middler's singing of The Rose both *touch* me...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"