Author Topic: May 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 30627 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2013, 12:02:54 pm »
Today's post  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What game/art work is that in your pic, Kimimi?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »
Ooh I'm sorry I do forget that no bugger else knows what I'm on about  :o

It's Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits, and arcade-only game for the Atomiswave system  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2013, 12:18:38 pm »
I like its art style a lot :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2013, 12:25:04 pm »
Its a weird pick up ... but I was at the local store looking at the controllers. I normally just skip over most of the current gen controllers but a color caught my eye. Purple. I like the Afterglow controllers and I have looked at their website before and other stuff and knew that the purple ones were not widely available as the red/blue/green ones were. It was priced as a normal controller so I picked it up. There are none online for sale and if you find them, they range from $50 and up. I already had a red one so now I want the blue and green. :)

« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2013, 12:25:51 pm »

It's one of my favourite series :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »
PS2:
Drakengard 2

Then I get home and crack them open to find Drakengard 2 actually had Legend of Alon D'ar inside :(.

That's actually somewhat funny to me...about a year ago - I picked-up one of the Drakengard games (the one I *didn't* already have)...only to get home, open it, and find a copy of the one that I *did* already have inside of the case :(

Learned *MY* lesson about being much more careful about making sure that the insides match the outsides, after that  8)

This just happened to me at Goodwill. Saw a Survivor Series 1999 VHS tape (I know, you're all laughing @ VHS, but these PPVs are highly sought after Attitude Era PPVs that were only released on VHS back then). I did check before I got the register. Inside the case was Survivor Series 2001. But since I saw "Survivor Series", I didn't look at the year and thought it was all okay.

Oh well, I would have gotten it still even if I did know it was 2001, but I would have liked the case to match the tape.

I never did play Drakengard 2. I liked the first one a lot, though. If you like that hybrid of on-foot action and dragon-battles, then I suggest checking out Drakan: The Ancient Gates on PS2. Great game that combines the 2 aspects like Drakengard, but it has more of an open-world RPG feel to it with a bit of exploration involved.

foxhack

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2013, 02:38:11 pm »
PS2:
Drakengard 2

Then I get home and crack them open to find Drakengard 2 actually had Legend of Alon D'ar inside :(.

That's actually somewhat funny to me...about a year ago - I picked-up one of the Drakengard games (the one I *didn't* already have)...only to get home, open it, and find a copy of the one that I *did* already have inside of the case :(

Learned *MY* lesson about being much more careful about making sure that the insides match the outsides, after that  8)
I once bought Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style for the Ps1.

When I got home, I found out the disc had been stolen.

I now open every single game I'm interested in, even if the seller puts tape on the front to stop people from inspecting the disks. :P

insektmute

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »

It's one of my favourite series :D

How many you have left to grab? Seems like you've gotten 2-3 of them just in the last month or two!

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2013, 02:57:05 pm »
It's been a few months since I bought Knights of Valour 3, and even longer since I bought Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons :P

I just need to buy the final version of Knights of Valour 1 and then I'm all sorted :D

insektmute

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2013, 03:00:26 pm »
lol, has it been that long? I guess your blogs and stuff make it seem like it's been more frequent than that (this is not a bad thing!)

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2013, 03:03:24 pm »
I just checked - I bought KoV3 in Feb and KoV2ND last June! I guess I just can't shut up about them, they're loads of fun :D

atariboy

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:24 pm »
Stuff I got this weekend from yard sales, Dreamcast collection $40 for everything, then got the other stuff from a free box, and the controllers actually work  :D

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2013, 03:53:29 pm »
Awesome pickup.  I love yard sales.  Anything good in that pile of games?  I can't see them all.

atariboy

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2013, 04:10:30 pm »
Awesome pickup.  I love yard sales.  Anything good in that pile of games?  I can't see them all.

Games are:
Steet Fighter Alph 3
Test Drive 6
NFL 2K1 - Sega All-Stars
Army Men Sarge's Heroes
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Adventure 2
Maken X
Incoming
Fur Fighters
Resident Evil Code Veronica
NBA 2K1 - Sega All-Stars
Crazy Taxi - Sega All-Stars
Hidden & Dangerous
Crazy Taxi 2
World Series Baseball 2K1 - Sega All-Stars
Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
Spider-Man
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Sonic Adventure - Sega All-Stars
Worms Armageddon
Bomberman Online
MDK 2
Deep Fighter
Atari Anniversary Edition
ESPN International Track & Field
Ready to Rumble - Missing Back artwork
Record of Lodos War

Overall not a bad collection, not your typical sports title pack.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2013, 04:45:25 pm »
Man, that's awesome.  I can't find Dreamcast stuff anywhere other than game stores and ebay.  Great find!