Author Topic: May 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 30620 times)

theflea

Re: May 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »
Great pickups flea!  Can we give this man a round of applause!  It really is easier in some parts of the country. If there aren't a whole lot of collectors (more importantly resellers) in your area, you get the best deals around. But this guy puts in the leg work.  Good work, brother.

Thanks Turf, But you are right, I do put in a ton of leg work. To find those deals I usually hit over 50-100+ sales in one weekend. Spend about half a tank of gas. and maybe 1 out of 20 sales will even have anything game related. I head out at 7am and don't get home til after 2pm some days.
I have a ton of fun just hunting games.
I'm I "loaded" No, Nowhere near rich. If I was I'd buy every game I want on Ebay when ever I wanted. I have a great paying job, have no kids or wife. So this is what I do to enjoy my time.

As for the "Resellers" yes there's a ton of them out here. And I know most of them, Hell most of the resellers come up and talk to me like I'm one of them because they see me so often. Just gotta hope you hit a sale before they do. There was one sale this weekend I saw a Reseller at a table grabbing everything up and when I walked over I saw a box under the table he missed and that's how I got the Gameboy games this weekend. He looked pissed that I got some games he didn't. Poor baby.  :P

Then there was the day last year someone listed "tons of classic video games" in their add, so I showed up 30 minutes early and waited for the sale to open, then the resellers showed up one by one. They where bragging about stuff they found and sold and talked to me like i was one. I just ignored them. When the sale opened there was me and ten resellers. While they where scanning all the books/movies i asked the guy running the sale about the games, he said he didn't bring them out yet. So I waited by his back door and when he brought out a box, I set it down started to go through the box when all of a sudden I had 10 people reaching over me and grabbing anything they could. I yelled at them to back off and wait their turn. And they tossed the games they grabbed saying they where priced to high to make any money off of and stormed off. I've even had them say snotty comments at me in passing a few times because they know I buy video games and I'm not a reseller.

Personally I hate these guys, not just because they buy up video games but how they act towards collectors and also they make garage sale runners treat me as a reseller. I'll ask about a cheaper price on an item and I get told "why so you can sell it and make more money?" Then I pull out my phone and show them pictures of my collection, then they see I'm just a guy who just loves games and then they are all friendly to me. lol

When I meet collectors it's a different story, we share garage sales we're going to. Take down each others info, tell each other what we are looking for and we help each other out. Make trades, I even take other collectors with me and we have fun. So collectors are awesome, resellers can die.  :P

And when I talk about resellers It's just the guys who buy and sell on Ebay/Amazon, not the guys who run a used game store. They are usually cool and help us collectors out. Most of them don't garage sale anyway most of their stuff comes from people bringing games in the store. Even those crappy resellers, yes they also bring stuff in they can't sell for cash.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:07:33 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2013, 08:03:19 pm »
So collectors are awesome, resellers can die.  :P
:'(

theflea

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »
Your a reseller fox?  :o
There is a grey area in resellers, some are collectors who get stuff for their collection and sell the stuff they don't want or need. While most of us collectors would rather trade extra stuff then sell it,
they sell games to have money to buy stuff for their collection. Long as they act like a game loving collector and not a greedy reseller, they are okay by me. Just remember to be a collector first, seller second.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2013, 08:36:49 pm »
There is a grey area in resellers, some are collectors who get stuff for their collection and sell the stuff they don't want or need. While most of us collectors would rather trade extra stuff then sell it,
they sell games to have money to buy stuff for their collection. Long as they act like a game loving collector and not a greedy reseller, they are okay by me. Just remember to be a collector first, seller second.  ;)
It's my main source of income. There's very few jobs locally.

Most of the stuff I pick up is the kind of stuff that will only get thrown out or destroyed, or worse. I DO buy stuff for myself, but I also buy stuff to resell. I already know what to look for and how much to pay for the stuff.

And there's a lot of other resellers in my area, and not that many collectors. Some folks go around scanning stuff with their phones and they piss me off, you can tell they're only in it for the money. I'm 50/50, I won't deny I buy stuff to resell (... online, I wouldn't say that to the seller's faces :P) but a lot of the weird stuff I keep for myself.

I've got a reputation, and many sellers give me a good price because I tend to buy lots of stuff (books, VHS / DVDs, CDs) anyway.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:38:38 pm by foxhack »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »
I didn't find much this week but nothing bad

Bomberman Generations-NGC
Midway presaents Arcade's Greatest Hits- Saturn
Ninja Gaiden(disc only)- Xbox (FREE)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past- SNES

and Now I'm just waiting for Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge to come in the mail
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:55:49 pm by redblaze57 »

jcalder8

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
- M.U.S.H.A. on Genesis (CIB)  ;D
DAMN YOU! I'm only upset because I just missed out on this by about 5 minutes because my wife HAD to stop for a drink. I'm pretty bitter!

But I'm happy you got one :)

brunauss

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2013, 02:43:44 pm »
It's my main source of income. There's very few jobs locally.

Most of the stuff I pick up is the kind of stuff that will only get thrown out or destroyed, or worse. I DO buy stuff for myself, but I also buy stuff to resell. I already know what to look for and how much to pay for the stuff.

And there's a lot of other resellers in my area, and not that many collectors. Some folks go around scanning stuff with their phones and they piss me off, you can tell they're only in it for the money. I'm 50/50, I won't deny I buy stuff to resell (... online, I wouldn't say that to the seller's faces :P) but a lot of the weird stuff I keep for myself.

I've got a reputation, and many sellers give me a good price because I tend to buy lots of stuff (books, VHS / DVDs, CDs) anyway.

Really *scratches chin* What major city do you by chance live in or near by? I would think tourists would be grabbing your stuff up.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

foxhack

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2013, 02:53:12 pm »
Really *scratches chin* What major city do you by chance live in or near by? I would think tourists would be grabbing your stuff up.
Major city? If you call Calexico, a city of like 50k residents, a major city... haha. :P

I live in Mexicali, Mexico, but cross over to the US to a couple of flea markets to buy stuff, and resell the things on eBay and gaming forums. A lot of sellers bring stuff from up north (SF / LA / SD) to sell down here, since a lot of people come from Mexico to buy stuff for cheap. Well, sometimes for cheap. Other times they're fucking nuts.

TL;DR - it sucks here and I want to move to the US, but I can't do that right now so blah.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:55:45 pm by foxhack »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2013, 11:05:14 pm »
Looking around today to kill some time I found

Batman Returns SNES - $4
Mega Man X7 PS2 - $4
N64 Microphone - $4 (I think. It may have been $5)

I've been wanting Batman Returns.  Folks talk about how great of a beat 'em up it is. It finally turned up.
I thought I had found something in X7 since folks pay top dollar for Mega Man. Turns out I don't know dick about playstation stuff and need to leave it alone.
The microphone is cool. I think it only works with 1 game, but my Hey You Pikachu! is complete now.

pacpix

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2013, 11:37:09 pm »
I haven't played the SNES version, but the NES version of Batman Returns is pretty good!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

atariboy

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2013, 11:40:57 pm »

So true, love the way you think.  :)
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

foxhack

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:04 am »
I thought I had found something in X7 since folks pay top dollar for Mega Man. Turns out I don't know dick about playstation stuff and need to leave it alone.
For some reason a lot of people -hate- X7. I've been trying to get a copy for myself so if you're looking to trade... ;)

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2013, 07:01:27 am »
Today's post  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

blipcs76

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2013, 09:57:43 am »
Nothing worth picking up at garage sales this weekend, though I didn't come home emptyhanded.  I hit a pawn shop which was selling all of their PS2/XBox/GC games for $2.  I grabbed:

XBox:
Advent Rising
Darkwatch
Beyond Good and Evil
Genma Onimusha

PS2:
Wild Arms 3
Drakengard 2

Then I get home and crack them open to find Drakengard 2 actually had Legend of Alon D'ar inside :(.

They also had ALL of their movies on sale for $1 (and they had at least 5,000 DVDs on the shelves).  I ended up picking up like 8-10 DVDs and could have easily bought tons more, but my wife was getting tired of waiting for me :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2013, 12:01:43 pm »
PS2:
Drakengard 2

Then I get home and crack them open to find Drakengard 2 actually had Legend of Alon D'ar inside :(.

That's actually somewhat funny to me...about a year ago - I picked-up one of the Drakengard games (the one I *didn't* already have)...only to get home, open it, and find a copy of the one that I *did* already have inside of the case :(

Learned *MY* lesson about being much more careful about making sure that the insides match the outsides, after that  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"