Author Topic: Catherine....anyone played it?  (Read 2848 times)

Catherine....anyone played it?
« on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:39 am »
I've heard so much about this game, but have never played it. Does anyone have any solid time logged to where they could either recommend it or not?
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

Re: Catherine....anyone played it?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:58 am »
I've only played a few hours of it... The level of frustration it puts you through makes it hard to sit down and keep with the game, at least for me.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 11:38:34 am »
I was thinking of picking it up too. There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about it, for sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:13:32 pm »
I'm a sucker for anything involving a buxom blonde....that's a problem that's plagued me my entire life >_<

I think I'll pick up the collectors edition, that way even if I don't love the game, I still have a nice collection piece that might hold its value.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »
Yeah, I have the Collector's Edition, and the extras are definitely worth the extra $20.  It's a good game from what I've played so far... Classic writing from the Atlus and SMT people and great to look at.  I want to put in more hours, but sometimes the game is a little too intense for me to play as "recreation."
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:10:56 pm »
I played a good chunk of the game. I quite liked it, the puzzle segments are awesome. If you can stand the anime melodrama (I know not everyone does), it's a pretty badass puzzle game that's not too afraid to kick your ass. And it's not unfair difficulty, since the game will constantly be giving you extra lives.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 07:50:23 pm »
And it's not unfair difficulty, since the game will constantly be giving you extra lives.

That's definitely true.  I never stopped playing because I ran out of lives - I would stop playing because I'd get really freaked out by the boss chases and dying many, many times.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:55:45 pm »
Nope, but that demo is pretty trippy.

scott

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 08:39:56 pm »
Just downloaded the demo.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 08:56:57 pm »
Just downloaded the demo.

Ha, lemme know what you think.  My roommates watched me play the demo the night it came out and were completely mystified by what I was doing.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:29 pm »
ha, I downloaded it. Started playing and kept getting email notifications from here. Thus becoming sidetracked and not paying attention at all. The beers from going out for food didn't help either. ha

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »
ha, I downloaded it. Started playing and kept getting email notifications from here. Thus becoming sidetracked and not paying attention at all. The beers from going out for food didn't help either. ha

Here's one more email - sorry!  :P
Yeah, I can't play that game if any of my roommates are around... They totally distract me and I can feel them snickering when I fail/fall. :\

... "You've got mail!"
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:22 pm »
Actually, this is Bretty's post, so he got mail. :P

darko

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 11:37:56 pm »
I'm going to pick it up when it's a $20 game. I don't know why, but I just can't get behind the idea quite yet. For $20 I'm sure I'll be happy :)

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:14 am »
I'm going to pick it up when it's a $20 game. I don't know why, but I just can't get behind the idea quite yet. For $20 I'm sure I'll be happy :)

It's definitely a lot of money to drop, so I don't blame you.  It was a little difficult for me, but I'm a big fan of the people who made the game, so I couldn't really say no.  For $20, you'll love that game :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas