Author Topic: Easiest 16 bit games.  (Read 3068 times)

Easiest 16 bit games.
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:29:52 am »
Soo.... I am starting this asking, what are some of the easiest/beatable games(only cartridge games). I was very young when my brother had his nes,snes,n64 and he wouldn't ever let me play it. so the only time I got to play was when he was gone. after about 03 I got my own xbox and started beating the hell out of games. years later I never had the patience to sit and beat an older game(before I really got into older gaming). I haven't beatin many 16-bit games, I want to hear some  easy/beatable/fun games on any older console(16-bit era). get some more titles under my belt hhehe(I don't only want to play the easiest but the funnest and beatable). I always hear about the most impossible, I wanna hear about the most possible. I also haven't had a whole lot of time for a while but now that I have my game room established. IT"S ON!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:32:54 am by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

scott

Re: Easiest 16 bit games.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:49 am »
SNES

Disney's Aladdin
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III
Donkey Kong Country

Genesis
Crusader of Centy
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

patrickmeansly

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:22:49 pm »
GREAT TOPIC!  :D AND I HATE TO HEAR THAT YOU HAD TO SNEAK TO PLAY THE GREAT CLASSIC SYSTEMS LOL.  HARD TOPIC.   I WOULD SAY THE FOLLOWING ARE AMONG THE EASIEST IN MY OPINION, AND WHEN I SAY EASY, THESE ARE GAMES I THINK YOU COULD BEAT WITHOUT A GAME SHARK, CODES, ETC:

SUPER MARIO WORLD (SNES)

LEGEND OF ZELDA (NES)  ***CERTAINLY NOT ZELDA 2 FOR NES.  THAT GAME IS HARD AS HELL AND I PULLED A FEW HAIRS ON IT AND THEN RESULTED TO THE OLD GAME GENIE

DRAGON WARRIOR 1 (NES) LOVE THIS GAME AND ITS VERY BEATABLE!

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (N64)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 FOR SEGA GENESIS  (NOT THE FIRST ONE)

GOLDEN AXE (SEGA GENESIS)

MORTAL KOMBAT 1 FOR SNES OR GENESIS

RAMPAGE FOR SEGA MASTER SYSTEM. (I NEVER PLAYED IT FOR ANY OTHER CONSOLE

OF COURSE, THE FIRST GENERATION POKEMON GAMES FOR THE GAME BOY AND GAME BOY COLOR

BOMBERMAN HERO (N64)  ( LOVE THIS GAME!!)

MARIO KART FOR THE SUPER NINTENDO AND N64

THOSE ARE ALL I GOT FOR THE TIME BEING BUT I WILL POST MORE IF I CAN THINK OF THEM

patrickmeansly

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:25:42 pm »
JUST THOUGHT ABOUT A COUPLE MORE.

ARMY MEN SARGES HEROES ON THE N64 AND THIS IS A SPORT GAME, BUT TOP GEAR FOR THE SNES IS VERY FUN AND BEATABLE.  HOPE THESE HELPS!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 04:03:02 am »

That is a hard one to go back to. There is soooo much grinding, and like every two steps you get into a random-battle. And for all that hard work, you get the tiniest sliver of the story at a time as a reward.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29:02 am »

That is a hard one to go back to. There is soooo much grinding, and like every two steps you get into a random-battle. And for all that hard work, you get the tiniest sliver of the story at a time as a reward.

YES THAT IS TRUE.  ITS LIKE RUNNING INTO A WILD POKEMON IN THE GRASS IF YOU EVER PLAYED THE POKEMON GAMES.  BUT, OVERALL TO ME, IF YOU HAVE TIME AND CAN BE PATIENT, DRAGON WARRIOR IS NOT REALLY A HARD GAME TO COMPLETE.  IT MAY GET FRUSTRATING AT POINTS, BUT I ACTUALLY DEVELOPED PATIENCE PLAYING THIS GAME WHICH I AM CURRENTLY TRYING TO COMPLETE THE SECOND ONE ON NES WHICH IS 20 TIMES BETTER

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »
Yeah my brother was kinda a dick back in the day he was 8 years older then me so he had control of shit lol. but I am the one that got back into it, funny thing is he just called me asking me if I would sell him one of my snes's hahah who's in control now!!! lol jk.
well I think I am gonna try out original Zelda. I have always really liked Zelda, I am actually in process of ocarina of time. I had played through Bugs bunny birthday blowout. but it got late and I got tired and shut if off, never finished it. I have super Mario rpg but not sure if I could get into that.. Super Mario world is harder for me then super Mario 3(maybe cause I Played  it a lot more Back then). Golden axe is very fun and will probably be one of the first things I pop in when I get a gen. I had been playing all my gen games on a fc3 :-[ now I can't stand my fc3 and wanting the real deal with that.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

patrickmeansly

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »
Yeah my brother was kinda a dick back in the day he was 8 years older then me so he had control of shit lol. but I am the one that got back into it, funny thing is he just called me asking me if I would sell him one of my snes's hahah who's in control now!!! lol jk.
well I think I am gonna try out original Zelda. I have always really liked Zelda, I am actually in process of ocarina of time. I had played through Bugs bunny birthday blowout. but it got late and I got tired and shut if off, never finished it. I have super Mario rpg but not sure if I could get into that.. Super Mario world is harder for me then super Mario 3(maybe cause I Played  it a lot more Back then). Golden axe is very fun and will probably be one of the first things I pop in when I get a gen. I had been playing all my gen games on a fc3 :-[ now I can't stand my fc3 and wanting the real deal with that.

Great!  Zelda is awesome.  You will only get frustrated probably on level 6 i believe where these wizard things shoot shit at you.  Other than that, its fun and pretty simple for an nes game!!!  and per the fc3, is that the 3rd party console that plays genesis, super and nes games???

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 09:59:35 pm »

Great!  Zelda is awesome.  You will only get frustrated probably on level 6 i believe where these wizard things shoot shit at you.  Other than that, its fun and pretty simple for an nes game!!!  and per the fc3, is that the 3rd party console that plays genesis, super and nes games???

The sword-shooting skeletons in the 2nd quest can get pretty annoying, especially on the first dungeon when you have barely any hearts and the wooden sword. And in the 2nd quest the sword-shooting griffon thingies shoot a lot more frequently.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 10:04:56 pm »

The sword-shooting skeletons in the 2nd quest can get pretty annoying, especially on the first dungeon when you have barely any hearts and the wooden sword. And in the 2nd quest the sword-shooting griffon thingies shoot a lot more frequently.
[/quote]

oh yea I forgot!  that dam 2nd quest.  After I beat level 9 I was celebrating, watching credits thinking I was the shit, then the game said "now zelda will begin his second quest" or something like that.  all the items re-arranged but its pretty fun too.  It makes you think there is a 3rd quest but just 2 lol

sin2beta

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 10:30:59 pm »
I find a lot of the Beat 'em Ups were pretty easy. Turtles in Time/Hyperstone Heist, Streets of Rage. These were some of the only ones I really beat as a kid.

Outrun is not to bad if you always choose to go left at a fork in the road.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 12:44:39 am »
Monopoly and Wheel of Fortune for Genesis.  ;D

patrickmeansly

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 01:49:33 am »

lol.  monopoly and wheel of fortune????  i didnt think of these.  lets add jeopardy to the list!   ;)

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 04:49:55 am »

Wooo!! I can beat double dare on the hardest difficulty 8) I can also beat anticipation(not on the hardest)
PS4-zxzpigxzx

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 04:58:45 am »

Yep that's the console. I bought one when I didn't have the snes and gen and really liked it and it made me buy some older games and that's kinda why I am on this site and a room just for my games now lol. Soo I guess that's who I thank for getting me back into old games... Thanks yobo!!! all in all it was a pretty good console. Pros-All in one, saved space, Fairly durable, Played nearly any game. Cons- Controls were backwards, Sound was shitty, wears out over time(only 6 months but I played the shit out of it, and tested a lot of gen games on there), slightly cheaply made, Only two controllers could play, could not plug original controllers. I prolly should have bought the retron soo I could have played with the original controller's but my retro store didn't carry them.
PS4-zxzpigxzx