Author Topic: WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!  (Read 4876 times)

patrickmeansly

Re: WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 04:44:22 am »
AFTER THINKING ABOUT SIN2BETA POST, I THINK I AM STUCK BETWEEN:  DUCK TALES 2, PANZER DRAGOON SAGA, OR GETTING ALL THE 32X GAMES THAT I DONT HAVE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SPIDERMAN BC I CANNOT FIND THAT ONE.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 04:46:41 am »
AFTER THINKING ABOUT SIN2BETA POST, I THINK I AM STUCK BETWEEN:  DUCK TALES 2, PANZER DRAGOON SAGA, OR GETTING ALL THE 32X GAMES THAT I DONT HAVE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SPIDERMAN BC I CANNOT FIND THAT ONE.

OR FLINTSTONES NES.  I COULD JUST INVEST IN THE CARTRIDGE HOPEFULLY FOR 400 JUST TO HAVE IT IN CASE I COME ACROSS THE BOX AND MANUAL AT A LATER TIME

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 06:12:40 am »
My vote's for Panzer Dragoon Saga. I can never recommend that game enough. Also, Earthbound's price seems to be lowering steadily as of late. I would wait to buy it after it comes out on the Virtual Console, when it should be at its lowest in a long time.

And every time I see one of your posts, I can't help but read it in a screaming voice. :P
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:14:56 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 07:58:56 am »
SERIOUSLY - the CAPS  thing is REALLY ANNOYING!

Your job is your job, your past is your past (and, from what you've said, no worse than my own.

I can't stand & don't use Facebook/Twitter, etc, either.

It's common courtesy -and- you've *nicely* been asked & made aware of it since you didn't know...many sites have specific rules about not posting in caps.

Short answer = when at work - type in CAPS and everywhere else = don't/I only have 1 hand, so if I can work the caps-lok button, I'm sure you can too.

Not only that, people will skip reading posts in all caps & Not take them as seriously...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

patrickmeansly

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 11:33:47 am »
My vote's for Panzer Dragoon Saga. I can never recommend that game enough. Also, Earthbound's price seems to be lowering steadily as of late. I would wait to buy it after it comes out on the Virtual Console, when it should be at its lowest in a long time.

And every time I see one of your posts, I can't help but read it in a screaming voice. :P

THANKS FOR THE HUMOR AND YEA, YOU'RE RIGHT.  I'M HOLDING OFF ON EARTHBOUND FOR RIGHT NOW.  ONE OF MY FRIENDS HYPED ME UP ABOUT IT BEING A RARE GAME BUT EVEN IF ITS ONLY 100 DOLLARS, ITS VALUE WILL GO DOWN.  I DO THINK IT WILL INCREASE WITHIN 5 YEARS OR SO JUST AS A COLLECTIBLE FOR THE CARTRIDGE.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 11:42:26 am »

Your job is your job, your past is your past (and, from what you've said, no worse than my own.

I can't stand & don't use Facebook/Twitter, etc, either.

It's common courtesy -and- you've *nicely* been asked & made aware of it since you didn't know...many sites have specific rules about not posting in caps.

Short answer = when at work - type in CAPS and everywhere else = don't/I only have 1 hand, so if I can work the caps-lok button, I'm sure you can too.

Not only that, people will skip reading posts in all caps & Not take them as seriously...

I HAVE NOT GAVE YOU ANY REAL DETAILS ON MY PAST SO DONT COMPARE IT TO YOURS.

SERIOUSLY, ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT I HAVE NICELY TOLD EVERYONE THAT I AM NOT TYPING ANY OTHER WAY.  I AM NOT YELLING AND CANT HELP YOU ARE INTERPRETING IT THAT WAY.  THERE IS NO LAW WHAT SO EVER THAT SAYS "PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TYPE IN CAPS".  IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ MY POSTS, THEN DONT READ THEM. 

LONG ANSWER=IF EVERYONE ELSE JUMPS OFF A CLIFF TO GET INTO THE WATER,AND I COME ALONG AND INSTEAD OF JUMPING, I WANT TO SAFELY CLIMB DOWN THE CLIFF TO GET TO THE WATER, I'M BEING RUDE BECAUSE IM NOT DOING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS????????   

SHORT ANSWER=ITS NOT A BIG DEAL OR A LAW HOW I TYPE BUT SINCE I AM NOW BEING ANNOYED, I WILL KEEP POSTING IN CAPS

patrickmeansly

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 11:45:47 am »
IS THIS SITE ABOUT VIDEO GAME COLLECTING OR ABOUT JUDGING PEOPLE ON HOW THEY TYPE?????  I GUESS I PICKED THE WRONG SITE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER GAMERS AND COLLECTORS.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 12:15:48 pm »

...many sites have specific rules about not posting in caps.

IM SORRY I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A SITE (OTHER THAN THIS ONE), WHERE I HAD ANYONE SAY THAT I COULD NOT TYPE IN CAPS.  NOT SURE WHAT SITES YOU ARE REFERRING TO.  HELL, I SEND EMAILS TO BUSINESSES IN CAPS AND ITS NOT A BIG DEAL. 

jobocan

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 12:40:15 pm »
It's more of a common courtesy thing. All caps is harder to read (like, actually harder to read: http://www.englishclub.com/writing/caps1.htm), and everyone does imagine it as you shouting in their faces (no matter how much you say you aren't). It's a very aggressive way of writing and, as you can see, it rubs people the wrong way. Going on ANY forum and typing like that will get people complaining about it, I have yet to find a website where people aren't annoyed by it. I can't imagine what person would be happy about receiving all caps emails either (being in the web business myself, one of the first things you learn about sending emails is not going all caps, because those generally get deleted right away).

It's like going to a restaurant during supper time with friends and screaming the whole time. Some people might ignore you, but at some point you'll get punched in the face.

pacpix

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 12:43:20 pm »
It's like going to a restaurant during supper time with friends and screaming the whole time. Some people might ignore you, but at some point you'll get punched in the face.

That is one of the best analogies I have ever read!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

theflea

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »
Personally what I'd do when I'm looking for several pricey games at once.
Search for all of them, find auctions that are not the "buy it now" or have "make offer" then make offers to sellers at a lower price (not insulting low) and see if you can get a deal on one.
You'd be surprised how many good deals I've gotten this way.
Also the open bid auctions place your bid what you wanna pay and if you get it yay, if not move on.
Once you win one of these games. That's your find. Good luck and don't overpay like some people do in an open auction.
I always find it funny when people bid over what a they could have bought in a buy it now auction listed at the same time for lower.

As for the caps thing, ya its harder to read I agree, but IDC. If you are gonna write in caps I'd suggest spacing your sentences more like I'll show you below.

When I was reading this...
I ALWAYS LOVED THE CLASSICS AS A CHILD (SNES, NES, N64 ETC) AND LAST YEAR, I FOUND MOST OF MY SAME SYSTEMS I OWNED AS A KID IN STORAGE BOXES FROM MY MOMS.  SO I BROUGHT ALL THOSE OUT AND STARTED PLAYING THEM AND REALIZED HOW MUCH I USED TO LOVE GAMES AND THEY MADE ME VERY HAPPY.  AT THE SAME TIME, I NEEDED EXTRA MONEY FOR BILLS, SO I INVESTED SOME OF MY DREAMCAST AND GENESIS GAMES, SOLD THEM ON EBAY AND STARTED MAKING 500-700 A MONTH ON EBAY FOR BILLS.  I THEN STARTED GOING TO MY LOCAL GOOD WILL WAREHOUSE A FEW TIMES A WEEK WHERE I WOULD FIND PS2 CONSOLES, PLAYSTATION 1, N64, NES, ETC THAT I BUY FOR 5.00 EACH.  I WOULD SELL THEM ON EBAY FOR 30.00 TO 60.00 DEPENDING ON THE CONDITION AND TIMING.  I BEGAN REALIZING THAT I WOULD FIND SO MANY SPORTS GAMES AT MY LOCAL GOOD WILL RETAIL STORES AND THE 1 THRIFT STORE I HAVE IN MY CITY.  BUT ONLY SPORTS GAMES UNFORTUNATELY.  AS I BEGAN LEARNING THE GOOD WILL AND THRIFT STORE SYSTEM AND MY LOCAL FLEA MARKET AND EBAY COMPETITION, I LEARNED THAT MANAGERS OF MY LOCAL THRIFT AND GOOD WILL STORES, HOLD BACK THE GOOD COMPLETE GAMES AND GREAT CONDITION SYSTEMS, TO SELL TO SELECT PEOPLE WHO PAY THEM BACK DOOR MONEY.  AS A RESULT, I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING ANY GREAT DEALS THIS WAY FOR CLASSIC GAMES.  MY BEST BET IS TO GET LUCKY ON EBAY, AND THERE MAY HAVE BEEN ONLY 1 TIME THAT I GOT LUCKY ON A GAME AND THAT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL.  JUST A N64 GAME NOT A SPORTS GAME.  OTHER THAN THAT, ONLY SPORTS GAMES.  SO I STILL CHECK STORES, BUT THE ODDS ARE EXTREMELY SLIM WHEN SOMEONE ELSE PAYS THE MGR TO HOLD BACK MERCHANDISE.  SO HERE IN MY CITY, THAT IDEA IS OUT THE DOOR FOR ME.  I COLLECT BECAUSE I LOVE GAMES AND THE PRESENCE MAKES ME HAPPY.  FOR NES, I PICKED OUT A SELECT 30 GAMES OR SO ON A WISH LIST, SAME FOR SNES AND GENESIS.  FOR N64, TURBOGRAFX 16, SEGA 32X AND SEGA CD ALONG WITH DREAMCAST, MY GOAL IS TO COLLECT ALL NTSC US GAMES RELEASED OFFICIALLY.  THE REASON I BACKED OFF THE 32X FOR A MOMENT, WAS WHEN I REALIZED THAT NES GAMES ARE GETTING MORE SCARCE BY THE DAY SO IT MADE ME WANT TO COMPLETE MY WISH LIST FOR NES AND SNES FIRST, THEN GET BACK TO 32X AND THE OTHERS.  THATS WHY I CREATED A PROFILE ON THIS SITE TO KEEP UP WITH ALL MY WISH LIST AND COMPLETED LIST.  I ALSO HAVE A WORD DOCUMENT AND EXCEL TO KEEP ORGANIZED WHICH IS SAVED TO A FLASH DRIVE. 

It almost hurts your eyes trying to read so much in caps. But if you space out your sentences like this....

I ALWAYS LOVED THE CLASSICS AS A CHILD (SNES, NES, N64 ETC) AND LAST YEAR, I FOUND MOST OF MY SAME SYSTEMS I OWNED AS A KID IN STORAGE BOXES FROM MY MOMS. 

SO I BROUGHT ALL THOSE OUT AND STARTED PLAYING THEM AND REALIZED HOW MUCH I USED TO LOVE GAMES AND THEY MADE ME VERY HAPPY.  AT THE SAME TIME, I NEEDED EXTRA MONEY FOR BILLS, SO I INVESTED SOME OF MY DREAMCAST AND GENESIS GAMES, SOLD THEM ON EBAY AND STARTED MAKING 500-700 A MONTH ON EBAY FOR BILLS. 

I THEN STARTED GOING TO MY LOCAL GOOD WILL WAREHOUSE A FEW TIMES A WEEK WHERE I WOULD FIND PS2 CONSOLES, PLAYSTATION 1, N64, NES, ETC THAT I BUY FOR 5.00 EACH. 

I WOULD SELL THEM ON EBAY FOR 30.00 TO 60.00 DEPENDING ON THE CONDITION AND TIMING. 

I BEGAN REALIZING THAT I WOULD FIND SO MANY SPORTS GAMES AT MY LOCAL GOOD WILL RETAIL STORES AND THE 1 THRIFT STORE I HAVE IN MY CITY.  BUT ONLY SPORTS GAMES UNFORTUNATELY. 

AS I BEGAN LEARNING THE GOOD WILL AND THRIFT STORE SYSTEM AND MY LOCAL FLEA MARKET AND EBAY COMPETITION, I LEARNED THAT MANAGERS OF MY LOCAL THRIFT AND GOOD WILL STORES, HOLD BACK THE GOOD COMPLETE GAMES AND GREAT CONDITION SYSTEMS, TO SELL TO SELECT PEOPLE WHO PAY THEM BACK DOOR MONEY. 

AS A RESULT, I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING ANY GREAT DEALS THIS WAY FOR CLASSIC GAMES.  MY BEST BET IS TO GET LUCKY ON EBAY, AND THERE MAY HAVE BEEN ONLY 1 TIME THAT I GOT LUCKY ON A GAME AND THAT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL. 

JUST A N64 GAME NOT A SPORTS GAME.  OTHER THAN THAT, ONLY SPORTS GAMES.  SO I STILL CHECK STORES, BUT THE ODDS ARE EXTREMELY SLIM WHEN SOMEONE ELSE PAYS THE MGR TO HOLD BACK MERCHANDISE.  SO HERE IN MY CITY, THAT IDEA IS OUT THE DOOR FOR ME. 

I COLLECT BECAUSE I LOVE GAMES AND THE PRESENCE MAKES ME HAPPY. 

FOR NES, I PICKED OUT A SELECT 30 GAMES OR SO ON A WISH LIST, SAME FOR SNES AND GENESIS.  FOR N64, TURBOGRAFX 16, SEGA 32X AND SEGA CD ALONG WITH DREAMCAST, MY GOAL IS TO COLLECT ALL NTSC US GAMES RELEASED OFFICIALLY. 

THE REASON I BACKED OFF THE 32X FOR A MOMENT, WAS WHEN I REALIZED THAT NES GAMES ARE GETTING MORE SCARCE BY THE DAY SO IT MADE ME WANT TO COMPLETE MY WISH LIST FOR NES AND SNES FIRST, THEN GET BACK TO 32X AND THE OTHERS. 

THATS WHY I CREATED A PROFILE ON THIS SITE TO KEEP UP WITH ALL MY WISH LIST AND COMPLETED LIST. 

I ALSO HAVE A WORD DOCUMENT AND EXCEL TO KEEP ORGANIZED WHICH IS SAVED TO A FLASH DRIVE. 

We non-cap readers only have to take it in small douses and can get through it better. Personally I'd try and turn off the caps but I wont judge you if your don't, I'd still answer your questions.  GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GAME HUNT.  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

patrickmeansly

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »
It's more of a common courtesy thing. All caps is harder to read (like, actually harder to read: http://www.englishclub.com/writing/caps1.htm), and everyone does imagine it as you shouting in their faces (no matter how much you say you aren't). It's a very aggressive way of writing and, as you can see, it rubs people the wrong way. Going on ANY forum and typing like that will get people complaining about it, I have yet to find a website where people aren't annoyed by it. I can't imagine what person would be happy about receiving all caps emails either (being in the web business myself, one of the first things you learn about sending emails is not going all caps, because those generally get deleted right away).

IF ITS OK I AM GOING TO CALL YOU BATTLE TOAD!  I LOVE THE AVATAR THING YOU GOT GOING ON THERE.  I APPRECIATE THE INFO BUT I DO NOT SEE HOW THE RESTAURANT THING COMPARES TO AN INTERNET POSTS.  THIS IS INTERNET NOT A RESTAURANT.  AND I DO IT ALL THE TIME.  WE HAVE A CERTAIN CLIENT BASE, WHERE I EMAIL PURCHASE ORDERS FOR PRINT, AND SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES WITH THE ORDER AND ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES THAT MAY BE NEEDED AND NEVER HAD ANY DELETED MESSAGES OR HAD ANY PROBLEMS.  AND HONESTLY AT THIS POINT, I AM BEING AGGRESSIVE BECAUSE I AM VERY FRUSTRATED WITH PEOPLE TAKING SO MUCH ATTACKS AND JUDGEMENT ON A POST.  I AM CONSIDERING LEAVING THIS SITE COMPLETELY TO MAKE EVERYONE ELSE HAPPY

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 12:58:34 pm »
IS THIS SITE ABOUT VIDEO GAME COLLECTING OR ABOUT JUDGING PEOPLE ON HOW THEY TYPE?????  I GUESS I PICKED THE WRONG SITE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER GAMERS AND COLLECTORS.

Nah'

We're just not used to our newer members acting like childish, close-minded, stubborn, and arrogant ass-holes...most of us that act like ass-holes here (myself included:) have at least:

A.  Been here a minute,

B.  Have known the people we're being ass-holes to for a minute, and

C.  Are ass-holes in *Lower-Case*

;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 01:01:18 pm »
LONG ANSWER=IF EVERYONE ELSE JUMPS OFF A CLIFF TO GET INTO THE WATER,AND I COME ALONG AND INSTEAD OF JUMPING, I WANT TO SAFELY CLIMB DOWN THE CLIFF TO GET TO THE WATER, I'M BEING RUDE BECAUSE IM NOT DOING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS????????   

LONG ANSWER= You're being rude because it's been made clear to you that your current behaviour (ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME I DON'T CARE LA LA LA) is seen as shouting at best and confrontational at worst. Fitting in means making little compromises - all anyone's asked you to do is take Caps Lock off before you type, it's hardly an unreasonable request.

Personally what I'd do when I'm looking for several pricey games at once.
Search for all of them, find auctions that are not the "buy it now" or have "make offer" then make offers to sellers at a lower price (not insulting low) and see if you can get a deal on one.
You'd be surprised how many good deals I've gotten this way.

As someone who almost always puts a "make offer" option on my listings I have to agree with this. But buyers do go in with a sensible first offer and do be prepared to pay ASAP (like within the hour if at all possible). I will block potential customers who try to offer things like £3 on a £20 game - they just aren't worth the hassle. I also block people who when I counter offer and attach a "This is as low as I'll go" message ignore it and try to piss around over £1-£2 :/

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 01:02:56 pm »
I APPRECIATE THE INFO BUT I DO NOT SEE HOW THE RESTAURANT THING COMPARES TO AN INTERNET POSTS.  THIS IS INTERNET NOT A RESTAURANT.

Internet people are restaurant people too! Do you see?