Author Topic: FLINTSTONES DINOSAUR PEAK  (Read 3840 times)

patrickmeansly

FLINTSTONES DINOSAUR PEAK
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:07:27 pm »
I know i put a post about which rare game should i buy, but an ebay seller had a rare nes game cib lot with the flintstones, little sampson, bonks adventure, etc. for about 6500.  so i took kimini's advice and messaged him to see if he could sell flintstones only instead of in the lot.  So he message me today and said yes.  He now has the game up for 2500 flintstones cib.  i was not expecting to pay that much but I know its rare and dont have any other way to get the game other than ebay.  instead of panzer dragoon saga, i think i may save roughly 1000 over time, and get flintstones first due to rarity then others.  What do you guys think????   I know I cant make up my mind but it seems the flintstones game complete in box is the rarest according to ebays history

sin2beta

Re: FLINTSTONES DINOSAUR PEAK
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 02:50:16 pm »
No one can answer these questions besides you. Everyone collects for different reasons.

Would I pay that amount? No. Never. The game is not worth it. I can't think of a single game worth that amount. I also never wanted to be the schmuck who paid several hundred dollars for a game. Much less 2500. At some point the hobby becomes less about the hobby and it becomes about spending money. The people who take this road burn out quick and leave the hobby with a lot of regrets.

But again, only you can answer that. But the above is the answer for me, which is the only way I can answer it.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:42:50 pm »
I agree with the above answer. I was going for a complete NES cart set. Im up to 710 carts right now (once the last one arrives in a couple days). That leaves about 55 games left. But its to the point where basically everything left is going to set me back a car payment/house payment or more per cart and for me that is simply not acceptable. I decided that I will complete my wall (which will be 715 games when done) and Ill be happy with that. The 50 games I dont pick up are not going to bother me and most of them are just crappy games anyhow. If you really want to play F2, Id suggest either emulation or get a power pak and load that thing up with every rom you can imagine.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »
I agree with the above answer. I was going for a complete NES cart set. Im up to 710 carts right now (once the last one arrives in a couple days). That leaves about 55 games left. But its to the point where basically everything left is going to set me back a car payment/house payment or more per cart and for me that is simply not acceptable. I decided that I will complete my wall (which will be 715 games when done) and Ill be happy with that. The 50 games I dont pick up are not going to bother me and most of them are just crappy games anyhow. If you really want to play F2, Id suggest either emulation or get a power pak and load that thing up with every rom you can imagine.

I know its too expensive.  I never want to pay over 20 or 30 for a game but I really want a hard copy of the game.  I hate having games without boxes for some reason.  And Ebay unfortunately is the only way to go unless I get a 1 in a million lucky shot.  If I ever found that game locally at my flea market, they would sell it for over 800 and I know I will not find it at a thrift store or good will, unless I get that 1/1 million lucky chance that I go at the right time.  I was for sure going with Panzer Dragoon Saga, but when I kept looking at the Flintstones, the cover got my attention lol.  I know its more sought after as well and one day, there wont be hardly any hard copies of that game to come by.  Which ever I choose, even tho the price is crazy, I'll let you know.  Maybe too because this is the first time in my life I can actually spend that kind of money to buy a rare game so im kind of excited about it.   ;D

patrickmeansly

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:56:46 pm »
No one can answer these questions besides you. Everyone collects for different reasons.

Would I pay that amount? No. Never. The game is not worth it. I can't think of a single game worth that amount. I also never wanted to be the schmuck who paid several hundred dollars for a game. Much less 2500. At some point the hobby becomes less about the hobby and it becomes about spending money. The people who take this road burn out quick and leave the hobby with a lot of regrets.

But again, only you can answer that. But the above is the answer for me, which is the only way I can answer it.

I know lol  :D You will not spend over 20 dollars for a game lol.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:10 pm »
Yeah thats hard man, I agree with everyone in the fact that its all up to you. I wouldnt pay that for the flintstones game however I paid a hefty amount for my metal slug 5.
Do what you want to do and dont worry about what everyone else thinks

patrickmeansly

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 06:06:06 pm »
I agree with the above answer. I was going for a complete NES cart set. Im up to 710 carts right now (once the last one arrives in a couple days). That leaves about 55 games left.  If you really want to play F2, Id suggest either emulation or get a power pak and load that thing up with every rom you can imagine.

Per the 710 NES Games!, thats bad ass!!  congrats on the long collection!! And per the emulator, I'm not a big fan of that and I dont like ems.  To me, and emulator, is a way to test out a game to see if you like it.  I love playing the actual games and it makes me re-live my youth!    :)  It sounds crazy but music is the game.  I don't like downloaded music.  I have over 200 actual music cd's and actual vinyl's.  Even some original Beatles first editions.  It's crazy I know :( I guess when I've lived without the internet for so long that I learned when you have a hard copy of something, you can al ways use it. 

patrickmeansly

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »
Yeah thats hard man, I agree with everyone in the fact that its all up to you. I wouldnt pay that for the flintstones game however I paid a hefty amount for my metal slug 5.

Dont laugh at me but I'm not too familiar with a lot of newer games, but what is metal slug 5???  And may I ask how much you paid for it???  This gives me a new idea for a topic I truly am curious about.

scott

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 06:32:02 pm »

I agree. I wouldn't pay that much for the game. But I paid some hefty amounts to complete my CIB Castlevanias. While part of me is glad to be all caught up on the series. The other part  wants to continue picking up variants of the older games. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

patrickmeansly

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:49:42 pm »
DO Anyone of you know someone who has dinosaur peak, and if so, do you know how they got it???

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 10:58:54 pm »
They found a copy on an episode of the game chasers!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:17 pm »
IMO.... I wouldn't pay that much for any game except maybe air raid or like the Nintendo champions(only because they are worth more then gold and hardasses own them;) but anyway it kind of takes the excitement out of game hunting if you buy all the rare ones on ebay at pricey rates... For example I really wanted kid klown on nes but after a little time it turns out my friends grandparents own it and I will be buying it from them later this week. I traded like gen sports games and super common Atari games and got 125$ credit, then on top of that the guy had waynes world(nes) for 20$ then knocked it down for me... I love game hunting it takes mind of things and gives me something to do. butt I will say I do buy off ebay a lot, But it's mainly bulk lots of games that majority that I  don't have.... But that's my opinion. It's all up to the collector like what sin2beta Said.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

patrickmeansly

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 12:27:19 am »
IMO.... I wouldn't pay that much for any game except maybe air raid or like the Nintendo champions(only because they are worth more then gold and hardasses own them;) but anyway it kind of takes the excitement out of game hunting if you buy all the rare ones on ebay at pricey rates... For example I really wanted kid klown on nes but after a little time it turns out my friends grandparents own it and I will be buying it from them later this week. I traded like gen sports games and super common Atari games and got 125$ credit, then on top of that the guy had waynes world(nes) for 20$ then knocked it down for me... I love game hunting it takes mind of things and gives me something to do. butt I will say I do buy off ebay a lot, But it's mainly bulk lots of games that majority that I  don't have.... But that's my opinion. It's all up to the collector like what sin2beta Said.

i agree about the thrill of hunting is fun.  I did that a couple of times but you have to drive so far to do so because there is nothing near bye, i'd rather just buy on ebay.  last time I went game hunting i spent over 40 just in gas.   and it wasnt as far as i should have gone.  if i hit up the nearest big cities or outskirts of the big cities, i would spend over 100 or so in gas.  its tough for my situation and especially with no local game stores.

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 02:06:21 am »

i agree about the thrill of hunting is fun.  I did that a couple of times but you have to drive so far to do so because there is nothing near bye, i'd rather just buy on ebay.  last time I went game hunting i spent over 40 just in gas.   and it wasnt as far as i should have gone.  if i hit up the nearest big cities or outskirts of the big cities, i would spend over 100 or so in gas.  its tough for my situation and especially with no local game stores.

Lol I am in the same boat man. Nearest goodwill is 25 miles or soo. nearest fleamarket is about 20 miles and I drive a 95 suburban. gas aint cheap but maybe you could gather some peeps to chip in for gas, if not there has to be some kind of reseller of sorts or some kind of thirft store. A guy that sells furniture and novelty's around here even had a dunk hunt(he also said he had a sealed Atari not to long ago). sometimes pawn shops have them. or yard sales.. they are the best. I never go cause I never get up early enough for them:(.... Wait.... why you worried about gas when u would be spending over 1000 on a game :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:18:16 am by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

theflea

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:22 am »
Would I pay that much for Flintstones 2? No. I might go $500 if I had the money on hand but I just cant justify paying over that myself. I think the most I ever payed for a Single game was $300 and that was tough. 
"Happy game hunting!!!"