Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 22774 times)

patrickmeansly

MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:11:16 pm »
JUSt curious, what is the most expensive game everyone has bought???  And also if you want to provide it, how much did it cost you????  Thanks for any answers.

madmax

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »
Final Fantasy III (NA) Complete - Mint

$110 (I am ashamed, I paid way too much for it but I was impatient)

scott

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:25:52 pm »
I guess the most expensive game I've bought would be Panzer Dragoon Saga, but that was in a bundle w/ the other 2 Panzer Dragoon games. If you subtract what Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei go for, then I guess I paid like $200 for it, which is slightly more than I paid for my CIB copy of Castlevania Dracula X for SNES.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:09:03 pm »
Wild Guns on SNES for about $160.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:14:18 pm »
Final Fantasy III (NA) Complete - Mint

$110 (I am ashamed, I paid way too much for it but I was impatient)

on Ebay, Final Fantasy III, the cheapest I have seen is 120.  It sounds like you got a good deal.  Maybe I'm crazy lol because I would have bought it on ebay for 110-130 but you said you were impatient.  Are you saying you think maybe some one would have put it on ebay cheaper over time??  I dont know the tricks like everyone else knows lol, because for me, ebay is really the only place I can get retro games.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 07:17:24 pm »
it will be the Tales of Xillia collector's Edition for $100
Unless you count Nintendoland since I got the Deluxe Wii U

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »
Rule of Rose (PS2)
The price is going down as of late (though I think it was $140 for just the disc at one point,) but I was REALLY lucky several months back when I bought it. Someone was selling a complete copy for $6.95 with free shipping. I couldn't snatch it up fast enough. I was a little skeptical, but it arrived in beautiful condition and worked great. Now if only I could be that lucky with a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:20:15 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

soera

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 09:21:04 pm »
I would have to say its my Wizard's edition copy of Ni no Kuni (unless you want to count arcades cause my Black Tiger arcade cab was $200). Glad I got it on the pre-order ... the Ebay prices were up to $500 at one point. Crazy.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 10:04:38 pm »
My Star Wars arcade machine is probably the most costly game I've purchased. Excluding arcade machines, the next would be the Vectrex 3D Imager (does that even count though since it isn't a game?). Standard cart/disc-wise would be Earthbound.

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:13:39 pm »
the most expensive game i payed for was shadow president, it cost me $50 and it worth every penny

thomascozine

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 10:23:19 pm »
I got EarthBound, from a GoodWill, for $5.95 and Little Samson, from a Salvation Army, for $5. Just the cartridges though. I, also, managed to get a complete NES Deluxe Set from a local thrift store for about $200.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:14 pm »
I got EarthBound, from a GoodWill, for $5.95

Excuse me.

*picks jaw up off of floor*

You are a lucky, lucky man.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

thomascozine

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 10:30:53 pm »
Indeed. I didn't even mind it wasn't complete or anything. This was the reason I decided to go "junkin" (what I call going to thrift stores) every week.

pacpix

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 10:38:57 pm »
The most I have spent is probably fifty bucks on new releases like Smash Bros Brawl when it was released.  The most expensive game in my collection is Wayne's World for NES which I picked up for $2.99 at a game store.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 10:47:48 pm »
Indeed. I didn't even mind it wasn't complete or anything. This was the reason I decided to go "junkin" (what I call going to thrift stores) every week.
most of my collection is from salvation army and i go every week as well