Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 22764 times)

scott

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 10:50:17 pm »
My GF said she needs to hit up Goodwill and such soon for work clothes, since she is starting a painting job. I told her to let me know when she wants to go, so I can see if I can find any deals. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

thomascozine

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 10:52:29 pm »
Indeed. I didn't even mind it wasn't complete or anything. This was the reason I decided to go "junkin" (what I call going to thrift stores) every week.
most of my collection is from salvation army and i go every week as well
It really pays to shop the same places. They know me well where I go. I get great deals and they'll hold stuff for me they know I want.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »
you guys are lucky!   :)  In my city, we have only one thrift store and a few good wills.  The problem is, they all have a local flea market video game booth seller, who pays them money on the side, to hold back 95 percent of their game merchandise.  They dont make it fair for anyone else to buy.  and the salvation army here, puts their items on ebay. they only sell clothes :( so the odds here of getting some thrift shopping is maybe 1 in a 500,000 shot.  Does anyone here know anyone who has flintstones dinosaur peak and if so, how did they get it?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 10:58:54 pm »
Does anyone here know anyone who has flintstones dinosaur peak and if so, how did they get it?

The only time I've seen one is on the Game Chasers

htimreimer

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 11:03:03 pm »
Indeed. I didn't even mind it wasn't complete or anything. This was the reason I decided to go "junkin" (what I call going to thrift stores) every week.
It really pays to shop the same places. They know me well where I go. I get great deals and they'll hold stuff for me they know I want.
you know what sucks, i moving pretty soon and the town i'm moving to has no thrift shops,comic book stores and only one pawn shop,
i will have to drive 40 minutes to the city that i live in now just to get anything old and video game related
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:05:29 pm by htimreimer »

patrickmeansly

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 11:04:41 pm »
having no real local options to buy retro games, is the unfortunate reason i have to spend more money by shopping on ebay

thomascozine

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »
you know what sucks, i moving pretty soon and the town i moving to has no thrift shops,comic book stores and only one pawn shop,
i will have to drive 40 minutes to the city that i live in now just to get anything old and video game related
It might be worth that 40 minute drive though. I mean, whenever I move, I'll still be willing to head back just based on getting EarthBound and Little Samson here.

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 11:15:04 pm »
I love to get games at thrift stores. I must admit however if there is a certain game I really want I will buy it online or at one of the retro stores around here. The most I've ever paid for a game was Metal Slug 5 on the AES... cost me $700

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:02 pm »
I live in the suburbs of a pretty large city, but all the thrift stores and Goodwills in my area are mostly stocked with clothing. Game-wise, I only ever see common Generation 2 consoles or the occasional NES game, which I have no real interest in buying. The few times I see more current games, they are hilariously overpriced. $30 for a loose copy of Guitar Hero 2? No thanks. A friend of mine gets most of his games from a local flea market, but most of the vendors speak very limited English, and I don't know a lick of Spanish. Maybe I could hitch a ride with my friend at some point, as he's bilingual.

TL;DR you guys are lucky and I'm jealous. :P
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:34 pm »
I love to get games at thrift stores. I must admit however if there is a certain game I really want I will buy it online or at one of the retro stores around here. The most I've ever paid for a game was Metal Slug 5 on the AES... cost me $700

phew.  that makes me not feel bad for possibly buying a game over 600 dollars.  WHAt is AES???

htimreimer

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »
I live in the suburbs of a pretty large city, but all the thrift stores and Goodwills in my area are mostly stocked with clothing.
salvation army stores ware you live because that's were all the games are, the average thrift store or goodwill usually will not have games unless your vary lucky

WHAt is AES???
its the neo geo and its one of most expensive consoles collect for
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:36:06 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 11:41:19 pm »
The last salvation army I went to was in pcb(my bro lives there) and I saw Some gen games, nothing worth over a dollar but they were ones I didn't have.. they wanted 3 dollars a piece for them and I said will you go down in price if I bought them all and they said nope. Soo I kinda got pissed and walked out. it's like no one else is gonna come in here and buy those. If a collector does he won't pay that price and theres no kids with this system so why the hell wouldn't you barter with me a little.

That also reminds me of this guy at a pawn shop. This pawn shop had been calling my dad asking him advice on antique watches soo we take a trip over there. I walked in, he had some great old games. I saw will you go any cheaper if I bought all of them.. He says no. My dad looks at him and says how are you gonna say no when he hasn't even gave you a price. the guys studders and says w-w-well I can get that price. The guy was terribly rude and arrogant so we walked out. I mean if your a pawn shop your business is barter. If your a thrift store, You have 0$ in your stuff.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 01:01:14 am »
My most expensive purchase ever was Matrimelee for AES, cost me about $450 when I bought it (about ten years ago). It was fun, but it's not a great game :)

madmax

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 01:02:13 am »
Final Fantasy III (NA) Complete - Mint

$110 (I am ashamed, I paid way too much for it but I was impatient)

on Ebay, Final Fantasy III, the cheapest I have seen is 120.  It sounds like you got a good deal.  Maybe I'm crazy lol because I would have bought it on ebay for 110-130 but you said you were impatient.  Are you saying you think maybe some one would have put it on ebay cheaper over time??  I dont know the tricks like everyone else knows lol, because for me, ebay is really the only place I can get retro games.

It was an ok deal. Back when I had a little more disposable income I spent a few hours per day on ebay hunting for deals. If you're good you can usually find games for about 50-60% of real value. I got impatient with FFIII and decided to buy it at $110, a copy like mine is worth about $140-$150, I think I could have gotten one for $70-80 if I had been patient.

brunauss

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 02:48:04 am »
A birthday gift to myself last year. Goldeneye Reloaded Double O Edition. $99.99
Loved the Playstation Move controller at demo stations for SOCOM 4 and loved the original Goldeneye. So I saw it as a win win Bday treat. It was too.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer