Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 22771 times)

theflea

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 02:49:59 am »
Most I ever payed for a Single game was $300 on a Japanese Copy of Ninja Masters on Neo Geo AES. (when a game is worth $800-$1000, $300 is cheap) I've payed $100-250 on many AES games. This system is hell on the wallet. lol

I'm willing to pay $400-$500 on a few AES, NES games (and a few other consoles) If I had a chance for them at this price. Just hoping to find a game store looking to sell it at a reasonable price and not a ebay/amazon (priced to sit) price.

Most I ever payed for one gaming purchase is my N64DD with 7 games, modem, mouse, mircophone. all CIB. cost me $700.

I payed $5 for Earthbound CIB on a clearance rack at Toys R Us back in the late 90's never thinking one day it would be worth $500-800  :o
Funny thing I don't think i ever payed over $100 for any SNES game i own. Even Super Noah's Ark 3D I got lately was only $80.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

patrickmeansly

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 04:34:50 am »
Most I ever payed for a Single game was $300 on a Japanese Copy of Ninja Masters on Neo Geo AES. (when a game is worth $800-$1000, $300 is cheap) I've payed $100-250 on many AES games. This system is hell on the wallet. lol

I'm willing to pay $400-$500 on a few AES, NES games (and a few other consoles) If I had a chance for them at this price. Just hoping to find a game store looking to sell it at a reasonable price and not a ebay/amazon (priced to sit) price.

Most I ever payed for one gaming purchase is my N64DD with 7 games, modem, mouse, mircophone. all CIB. cost me $700.

I payed $5 for Earthbound CIB on a clearance rack at Toys R Us back in the late 90's never thinking one day it would be worth $500-800  :o
Funny thing I don't think i ever payed over $100 for any SNES game i own. Even Super Noah's Ark 3D I got lately was only $80.

I keep reading a lot about neo geo AES GAMes lately.  Its making me want to look further into the system and games.  I never knew too much about anything neo geo.  per earthbound, thats awesome!!  If only we could go back in time to know what was rare lol.  I guess for me, I really want the flintstones game so bad that I am talking myself into saving up for it CIB.  I feel, if you get it, go all out with it.  not just the cart.  And plus, I think it will be worth a lot more 25 years later when it becomes a very very rarer game.

blipcs76

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:15 am »
The most I've spent on a game would be my Double Donkey Kong arcade machine, at $750.  Other than new games, I rarely pay more than $15 for retro games since I prefer to scour garage sales, pawn shops and thrift stores looking for great deals.  Therefore, the most valuable games in my collection were picked up cheap. 

My most valuable is probably my CIB Gargoyle's Quest II.  I paid around $10 for it and it's currently going for around $150-200 on eBay.  Second would probably be either my CIB Bucky O' Hare or my sealed Zelda Collector's Edition (GC promo) disc.

darko

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:18 am »
I'm not really one to pass something up if I find it and I want to own it. That being said, the most I've spent lately was on Super Noah's Ark 3D. It was complete, looks really clean, and it was spendy....I'll just leave it at that.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 12:09:42 pm »
I'm not really one to pass something up if I find it and I want to own it.

It was complete, looks really clean, and it was spendy....I'll just leave it at that.

If I was gonna list things like this, this is *exactly* the way I'd answer it.

I guess that me 'n' Darko are on the same page about what/how much we want to say & give away on-line.  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 12:12:51 pm »
If you don't count the arcade cabinets, the most I've spent was just a little while ago with Save Your Chance thing we have going. 
I spent $115 on Chip 'n Dale 2.  If it hadn't been for the change thing I never would have dropped that kind of coin. 
The most valuable game I have is probably Caltron 6-in-1.  I bought it for $5 from a Game Xchange.

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 12:03:09 am »
Shenmue 2 [EU] complete for Dreamcast 240R$ in my country, it is nearly 120$.

I was lucky because today is very hard to have this game for less than 220$ here.

I love the Shenmue Franchise. :D

ffxik

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 03:05:50 am »
Right now that honor goes to Magic Knight Rayearth.  It was up for auction with about $125 on it.  I wanted to make sure I got the thing so I placed a bid at the last minute of $180.  Didn't realize the person I was against thought the same way and maxed at $175.   ::)  Closing bid was $175.50.

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 05:39:48 am »
Kinda funny how the US MKR is worth so much considering my Japanese limited edition came to about $5 shipped  8) *is beaten by all*

ffxik

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:50 am »
Kinda funny how the US MKR is worth so much considering my Japanese limited edition came to about $5 shipped  8) *is beaten by all*

If only I could read Japanese.   :(

soera

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 10:47:29 am »

If only I could read Japanese.   :(

I second this! Id love another copy of Rayearth but I cant fathom what its going to cost for me to get one. Id also like to play DQX but the language barrier is killing it there too.

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 05:12:30 am »
Production Game: Panzer Dragoon Saga $230

Michael Jackson Moonwalker Prototype cartridge.....$some things must remain private ;)

Pinball: Simpsons Pinball Party $4k
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »
Most I've ever paid for a game was $40-something for Pocky and Rocky.

Other than that I haven't paid more than $25 for any game.

I do have some pretty rare games too (Mega Man X2, Princess Tomato, Mario RPG etc..) Didn't pay more than $5 for any of them.

sin2beta

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2013, 10:46:54 pm »
I broke my game price record. But right now, I'm getting paid for two jobs, so decided I could spend the money. It doesn't feel good to spend over $60 on a game. But it does feel nice to finally import a copy of Sega GaGa.

It's an odd game, that was only released in Japan. With most copies coming from preorders. Basically SEGA is going out of business. It is up to you to create the best and most innovative games to gain market share back from the Dogma Corporation (very heavily hinted at Sony). The SEGA company is filled with old SEGA characters and cameos. At one point when you fail, you work at a retail store where Alex Kidd was demoted after Sonic came around.

It is a very unique thing that a company got to have a goodbye video game. From what I understand, you don't beat Dogma. The point is coming to the inevitability and learning that beating Dogma isn't even the end goal. It's about the personal journey, growth. The end goal starts as being against a stated enemy. But then it fizzles out to a different goal entirely. Very Shenmue. Then it ends in a nonsensical shmup fighting against all of the sega systems.

It's a game I can't imagine ever coming out again. It is a love letter and a goodbye to SEGA of old. In a lot of ways, I consider it the last real SEGA game. Certainly the last of an era.

Anyways, I'm excited. Here's a Happy Console Gamer video about it if interested:

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:10 am »
The most expensive game i ever bought was my Flintstones pinball machine which cost me about 2500$... and wich took me 4 years to pay back  ;D