Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 22729 times)

ffxik

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 03:12:14 pm »
Kinda funny how the US MKR is worth so much considering my Japanese limited edition came to about $5 shipped  8) *is beaten by all*

If only I could read Japanese.   :(

I second this! Id love another copy of Rayearth but I cant fathom what its going to cost for me to get one. Id also like to play DQX but the language barrier is killing it there too.

The game shop I frequent has a copy of Rayearth for sale.  It's by definition not cheap though at 139.97.  I'm just letting you know.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2013, 03:13:15 am »
Most expensive game I own is probably CIB mint snatcher, but most expensive game I have ever bought is likely some random $150 special edition like Borderlands 2....  Does that even count~?  Most I have spent on a "collectable" title (for lack of a better definition) is probably Magic Knights Rayearth that I dropped $50 on....

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »
My childhood friend gave me his copy of Suikoden II along with the strategy guide for free.
My next door neighbor gave me his copy of Suikoden V along with the strategy guide for free.
Another childhood friend gave me a copy of EVO: The Search For Eden for free, because he had an extra copy.

Another friend sold me Chrono Trigger complete on the SNES for $30

I paid $200 for Tekken 5 Collector's Edition when it came out

I paid around $80-$90 each for a sealed copy of Growlanser Generations Deluxe Edition, and Popful Mail

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 04:39:27 pm »
My childhood friend gave me his copy of Suikoden II along with the strategy guide for free.
My next door neighbor gave me his copy of Suikoden V along with the strategy guide for free.
Another childhood friend gave me a copy of EVO: The Search For Eden for free, because he had an extra copy.

Another friend sold me Chrono Trigger complete on the SNES for $30

I paid $200 for Tekken 5 Collector's Edition when it came out

I paid around $80-$90 each for a sealed copy of Growlanser Generations Deluxe Edition, and Popful Mail

Great friends you have!

trunkwontopen

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2013, 02:10:57 am »
Not really a most expensive game, but more a most expensive game item. I paid over $300 for a complete in box Mother 3 edition Gameboy Micro, along with the somewhat-rare Pork Army guide hard cover book.

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 05:07:32 pm »
spuds Adventure, waynes world, order of the griffin maybe a few more
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 06:44:29 pm »
I believe the most expensive game I own is Xenoblade Chronicles

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 07:46:46 pm »
Probably the highest I've ever paid was for a US version of Metal Slug X on Neo Geo AES. It was something like $600 or $700... Ugh... back in the days before I was married and had money to blow! I had to sell my entire AES collection a few years ago to help pay for the honeymoon.  :-\

The most expensive one I have right now is probably a CIB Earthbound, though I only paid $20 for it back in 1996 when Best Buy had a big stack of them on clearance. It doesn't matter how much it's worth nowadays though. I can never sell it, too many fond memories.

darko

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:36 pm »
Mine would probably be the in box BB2 or the loose Bonk's Adventure on the NES. It's really difficult to be honest, I don't know the FMV of, say, my mint and complete Super Noah's Ark 3D (SNES), etc. Hell, I could have something better than all of those and not even know it. I really only worry about what it costs me....not what it's worth.

sin2beta

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:19 pm »
Probably the highest I've ever paid was for a US version of Metal Slug X on Neo Geo AES. It was something like $600 or $700... Ugh... back in the days before I was married and had money to blow! I had to sell my entire AES collection a few years ago to help pay for the honeymoon.  :-\

The most expensive one I have right now is probably a CIB Earthbound, though I only paid $20 for it back in 1996 when Best Buy had a big stack of them on clearance. It doesn't matter how much it's worth nowadays though. I can never sell it, too many fond memories.

Who needs to go anywhere for a honeymoon when you've got a Neo Geo AES...  :P
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2013, 12:53:12 am »
i spent $300 on the Valkyrie Profile 1 Limited Edition Box Set, there are only a few pictures of it online and barely any information on it.

urbanchaos

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:16 pm »
DuckTales 2 (NES), Earthbound (SNES) & Battletoads/Double Dragon (NES)

I've paid $120 DuckTales 2, $70 for Earthbound and $50 Battletoads/Double Dragon
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:08:38 pm by urbanchaos »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

msparadise

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 05:11:51 pm »
Rhythm Tengoku (Japan Exclusive) - GBA - $65
Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 3DS & Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »
i must laugh a lot of those of you that are american's :P

because what you think is expencive games are "cheap" in my country. you are lucky for the price you pay for your games :P

well back to topic, my most expencive games are a few ; CIB earthbound, CIB Mr.Gimmick (scandinavian), Cart Only Bubble Bobble Part 2, Cart Only Little samson, Cart Only Ufouria

just to mention some and what i payed for this games in my country are insane. because we are a expensive country all the way, and the games where expensice when they came out also. the price i had to pay was a little over 2300 dollars.......