Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 24093 times)

jcalder8

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:35 pm »
The most I ever spent on a game was Bubble Bobble Part 2 with box for I think it was $225
Second most is COD Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition, new for $150
Third was probably Bioshock LE sealed for $150

The most I ever spent on a Retro system was $250 for a modded Japanese Turbo Duo
Most I ever spent on any system was $450 on a 360

Some of the most expensive games I own - what I payed:
BB2
COD Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
Mega Man X3 - $5
Bioshock LE
Fun N Games - $18
Assassin's Creed II LE - new - $30
Dragon Force - $5
Shining the Holy Ark - $5

90snostalga

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 11:47:36 pm »
King of Fighters 2003 (US version) NeoGeo AES for 300$... i bought a few other NeoGeo games for around 100-200$.

Also found a Suikoden II complete in perfect condition for 150$.

Im not spending that kind of money anymore for a game.

It's fine.  Here is how I feel about spending money on games.  Even tho' I have not spent too much on a single game before, I dont see nothing wrong with it.  We buy systems that cost over 200 dollars, so I feel like, if you got your bills paid and you got the extra money to spend, spend that 200 dollars on some retro game that you like.  I dont see a problem with it.

Every one says they would never spend that much on a game because its a game.  That is true and games are not required for human survival, but I read stories and heard of people buying stuff all the time they dont need and over years, it adds up to thousands of dollars so its all good if you buy a 300 game  ;)

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2014, 03:15:08 pm »
I bought it when I was single without responsibility, now that I have a wife with a budget, I cant spend that kind of money for 1 game.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2014, 04:28:37 pm »
I bought it when I was single without responsibility, now that I have a wife with a budget, I cant am not allowed to spend that kind of money for 1 game.

Fixed to reflect reality  ;)  ;D

karyann

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2014, 06:50:19 pm »
I bought it when I was single without responsibility, now that I have a wife with a budget, I cant am not allowed to spend that kind of money for 1 game.

Haha, I love my own relationship for that. He spends money on his coffee machinery and I don't complain, I spend money on video games and he doesn't complain. Win-win  ;D

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2014, 07:51:23 pm »

Haha, I love my own relationship for that. He spends money on his coffee machinery and I don't complain, I spend money on video games and he doesn't complain. Win-win  ;D

Thats sound nice... I have the same kind of relationship; she buy shoes and clothes, I buy games, no one complain... but still there is a limit on how much we can spend. She wont like at all if I spend 300$ for a game, like I wont like she spends 300$ on a purse  ;D

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

90snostalga

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2014, 08:07:23 pm »

That's how me and my wife are.  she has her thing and I have games.  What you mean coffee machinery?  Like a big coffee machine?

karyann

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:27 pm »
That's how me and my wife are.  she has her thing and I have games.  What you mean coffee machinery?  Like a big coffee machine?

Espresso machine, grinder, roaster, everything around coffee making! He just loves making and drinking coffee, so he's gotten quite into the hobby recently.

90snostalga

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:26 pm »

Espresso machine, grinder, roaster, everything around coffee making! He just loves making and drinking coffee, so he's gotten quite into the hobby recently.

ah, he sounds like my wife!  every time we leave the house, she has this habit of wanting to get STarbucks every freaking time we leave the house lol.  If she had a million dollars, she would start her own coffee shop.  I am not a fan of coffee but she has an addition problem  ;)

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:41 am »

ah, he sounds like my wife!  every time we leave the house, she has this habit of wanting to get STarbucks every freaking time we leave the house lol.  If she had a million dollars, she would start her own coffee shop.  I am not a fan of coffee but she has an addition problem  ;)

HA!!! I'm concerned that we might being seeing the same woman :p. My girlfriend is OBSESSED with Starbucks, specifically green tea frappachinos lol. She has one at least every other day, and if it weren't for me she'd have one every day. Must be something in their drinks that drive women crazy :p

spac316

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2014, 06:32:05 pm »
The most expensive game I bought was Panzer Dragoon Saga on Sega Saturn for about $150. That was about 10 years ago though. Probably goes for much more than that now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:19:33 pm by spac316 »

scott

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2014, 06:40:45 pm »
Ya looks like it's hovering around the $300 range at the moment, glad I got mine when I did.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2014, 07:15:14 pm »
Funny you guys mentioned coffee and girls. My mom came up from Florida at the beginning of October last year. She wasnt here 2 days and she went out and bought a coffee maker for my house (no one here drinks coffee at all) and this huge thing of coffee and filters cause 2 days without it was way too long for her.

Since Panzer Dragoon Saga was mentioned, I found what I thought was a really nice CIB copy on Etsy for $75 shipped. I got sniped on a copy on Craigslist a while back so I wasnt going to let this one slide. I wish I would have. Been having to deal with Paypal to get refunded. Im not actually in the market for Saga but it would have been a nice game to put up for a trade for Buster Douglas. Just sucks that its not going to work out that way.

sin2beta

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2014, 07:20:10 pm »
Funny you guys mentioned coffee and girls. My mom came up from Florida at the beginning of October last year. She wasnt here 2 days and she went out and bought a coffee maker for my house (no one here drinks coffee at all) and this huge thing of coffee and filters cause 2 days without it was way too long for her.

Since Panzer Dragoon Saga was mentioned, I found what I thought was a really nice CIB copy on Etsy for $75 shipped. I got sniped on a copy on Craigslist a while back so I wasnt going to let this one slide. I wish I would have. Been having to deal with Paypal to get refunded. Im not actually in the market for Saga but it would have been a nice game to put up for a trade for Buster Douglas. Just sucks that its not going to work out that way.

Man, I know where you're coming from on the trade. But I cringe at thinking about trading Saga for Buster. Buster is such a bad game. You have to do what you got to do to complete the set. But Saga is often considered one of the greats in RPGs. Never mind being a Sega fan, just an RPG fan is reason enough to keep it. And it is a game unplayable outside of the Saturn. I don't know if I could do that trade. Even for the set.

You are a brave man.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2014, 07:26:30 pm »
I think what makes it worse is the fact that Heavyweight champ is the same game as Buster Douglas in every other part of the world besides the US. Its a $25 game complete.

Im not interested in playing Buster Douglas at all. But this is the closest Ive been to a complete set and probably the only set I will ever actually complete (other than Virtual boy would I would do out of weirdness).