Author Topic: RADIANT SILVERGUN!!!!!!!  (Read 2777 times)

RADIANT SILVERGUN!!!!!!!
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:14:08 pm »
Omg it just launched today and I bought it! I have wanted this game for ages, but never realized I could've played the JP version on my Saturn using only a Game Shark, so I was always waiting on a good deal on a JP Saturn. This will at least cure my itch until I find a hard copy for a decent price.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

desocietas

Re: RADIANT SILVERGUN!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »
Hadn't heard of this one before your post but it looks pretty amazing.  Will have to pass on the word to my shooter-interested roommate.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:08:57 pm »
Oh man I NEEDS to buy now! This was also one of my most wanted Japanese-only Saturn games. I'll have to wait til Friday though D:
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:16:06 pm »
Damn me not having an Xbox 360 anymore!

scott

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »
@brettybluevein actually the Game Shark or Action Replay are both viable options. I've heard the AR is slightly better, because the pins on the GS are thicker than a standard memory unit's and may cause unnecessary wear on the expansion port's pins.

I have the GS and it definitely is way tighter than my official memory card. To the point where I have to hold the console down with one hand and pull (hard) with the other on the cart when removing it.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:41:24 am »
Damn me not having an Xbox 360 anymore!

I know right! I don't have one either... I'm still going to try to get a JP copy.

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:57:23 pm »

I know right! I don't have one either... I'm still going to try to get a JP copy.

Well, I HAD one, but got rid of it when I realized that all the good games on it were multiplatform and I always picked them up on PS3 anyways. And it's only after I sold it that Otomedius, Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun were announced.

scott

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:16 pm »
53% downloaded and I can't wait! omgwtfbbq. The worst part of the whole thing is it's on my arcade cabinet, but it's so laggy that it's unplayable, so I've been teased by it for 2 years now. ha

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:31 pm »
The worst part of the whole thing is it's on my arcade cabinet, but it's so laggy that it's unplayable, so I've been teased by it for 2 years now.

So I'm not the only one in this situation :P The computer in my MAME cabinet is horrible, it has trouble playing a lot of games smoothly... I don't think Radiant Silvergun even launches properly.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 06:05:49 pm »
53% downloaded and I can't wait! omgwtfbbq. The worst part of the whole thing is it's on my arcade cabinet, but it's so laggy that it's unplayable, so I've been teased by it for 2 years now. ha

I had the same problem with waiting for it to download. Just couldn't get it fast enough! I fell in love with this game in limited playtime I had with it when it was set up for play at MGC and other conventions. Still want a Saturn copy though, hopefully the prices fall back down to Earth sometime soon.

Also about playing Saturn imports I use something called Saturn ST Key and haven't had any complaints.

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:43 am »
Has anyone ever seen one of these for Saturn? It doesn't have backup ram or cheats...

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 12:30:54 pm »
Where did you get that thing?
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

scott

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 02:06:16 pm »
Hmmm I've never seen one, where did you find this gem?

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 11:27:12 am »
My buddy gave it to me back in 98. He had bought it from a local place that sold imports and used it to play some adult dating sim lol.

When you boot the saturn with this you get a static sega saturn image instead of the boot animation then it kicks you to the saturn dashboard. after you just pop in the import and select load and away it goes.

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 12:45:27 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas