Author Topic: Ha... Wait, this isn't a joke?  (Read 3796 times)

doctorlaudanum

Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

Re: Ha... Wait, this isn't a joke?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:35:32 am »
I don't know about the gamecube version but you can buy the premium ps2 version for less than 200$ on eBay and Amazon which is still expensive but A LOT cheaper than this guy.

brunauss

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »
*falls out of chair ROFL*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »
I don't know about the gamecube version but you can buy the premium ps2 version for less than 200$ on eBay and Amazon which is still expensive but A LOT cheaper than this guy.

I'm actually seriously considering putting this on my watch list just to see if some dope will buy it, but I don't want to give the seller false hope, however... idealistic he may be.

EDIT: I don't know about a sealed copy, but the highest I've ever seen for a complete copy of the RE4 demo was $30. Wrapping some plastic around it does not excuse the $700 mark up, though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:38:10 pm by doctorlaudanum »

kokonami

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:17 pm »
I think the only thing that could've disappointed me even more was if this guy had the gaul to put a shipping price on top of the "Buy Now"...
Currently playing: Okage: Shadow King, Odin Sphere, Drakengard
On the hunt for: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia(DS), Alundra (PS1), and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS).

I don't think you realize how much I love Crobats.

thomascozine

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:47:25 pm »
So, my copy of the RE:4 demo disc is worth about $412?  :o Riiiiight....

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »

I'm actually seriously considering putting this on my watch list just to see if some dope will buy it, but I don't want to give the seller false hope, however... idealistic he may be.

EDIT: I don't know about a sealed copy, but the highest I've ever seen for a complete copy of the RE4 demo was $30. Wrapping some plastic around it does not excuse the $700 mark up, though.

I'm pretty sure there are other people who add it to their watchlist for the same reason, so don't feel bad about doing it yourself  :D

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 05:29:58 pm »
I always wonder how some auctions get set at astronomical heights like this....  I can't imagine anyone would really want to waste their time and money posting a listing like this right~?  It has to be ignorance of actual value in my opinion....

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 10:09:35 am »
So, I found something similar: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-Gameboy-Color-NEW-SEALED-NEAR-MINT-AWESOME-SHAPE-SUPER-RARE-/121132444103?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c340e69c7

This guy is the only one who has put this game on sale on eBay. Twice. The second auction is even more expensive (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-Gameboy-Color-NEW-SEALED-SIGNED-BY-MATT-BOZON-/151054402630?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item232b8b4446)

Since he has a "monopoly" over this game, he can set the price as high as he wants, but still...

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:12:30 am »
Thats Rarebucky. He is one of the most well known sealed collectors. For a while, he was the go between spokesman for the VGA itself. His prices are always high but his stuff is as legit as it gets if you are interested in sealed anything.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:58:28 am »
Thats Rarebucky. He is one of the most well known sealed collectors. For a while, he was the go between spokesman for the VGA itself. His prices are always high but his stuff is as legit as it gets if you are interested in sealed anything.

Huh...I didn't know that about him, but I think that I've seen his name around before...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kokonami

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 08:14:16 pm »
So, I found something similar: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-Gameboy-Color-NEW-SEALED-NEAR-MINT-AWESOME-SHAPE-SUPER-RARE-/121132444103?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c340e69c7

This guy is the only one who has put this game on sale on eBay. Twice. The second auction is even more expensive (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-Gameboy-Color-NEW-SEALED-SIGNED-BY-MATT-BOZON-/151054402630?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item232b8b4446)

Since he has a "monopoly" over this game, he can set the price as high as he wants, but still...

Currently playing: Okage: Shadow King, Odin Sphere, Drakengard
On the hunt for: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia(DS), Alundra (PS1), and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS).

I don't think you realize how much I love Crobats.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

atariboy

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 01:28:25 am »
^^^^ Ha how can it be rated an 85 when it is taken apart? wouldn't that mean it is no longer in mint condition? guess any game that is taken apart could garnish an 85 under that rating system. What a joke.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 01:28:58 pm »
Old news at this point, but someone apparently bought this thing. For $570, granted, but still... I wish I had that much money to burn.