Author Topic: Sonic Lost Worlds  (Read 1724 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Sonic Lost Worlds
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:01:27 pm »

the game looks good, and it looks like the gave Sonic the ability to run on walls at will

sin2beta

Re: Sonic Lost Worlds
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:12:14 pm »
It honestly does look fun. Sonic has gotten better in the last few games. After playing Generations, I'm kind of excited for the next one. It's an odd thing to say, but it is the truth.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:27:08 pm »
Did I dream it up that Nintendo was working with Sega on a Sonic game?  I assume it was this one.

IMHO Sonic games only work in 2D. This looks like a return to form. I'll give it a go.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 08:09:18 am »
Did I dream it up that Nintendo was working with Sega on a Sonic game?  I assume it was this one.

I'm not exactly sure if they're working together, but at the very least they made a deal for 3 exclusive Sonic games. This is one of them, then there's the Mario & Sonic at the Olympics game, and then there's another one that's not yet announced.

This looks really good so far, but I'm still keeping my hype low. Recent Sonic games other than Generations and 4 Episode 1 have been really crappy (yes, I'm including Colors in the crappy ones, hated that game :P), so I'm trying not to get caught in the trap again :P

blipcs76

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
Looks great; feels like it's heavily inspired by Super Mario Galaxy.

brunauss

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:24:39 pm »
Nintendo and Sega have been working together on a lot of things. Most of it we never see on this side of the pacific. Many believe that eventually the companies will merge.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 04:16:20 pm »
And Nintendo will have officially won the war by assimilation!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »

And Nintendo fans will win by playing superior SEGA games. Nintendo owners, buy Yakuza HD. Best thing SEGA has done since the Dreamcast.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 05:24:13 pm »

And Nintendo fans will win by playing superior SEGA games. Nintendo owners, buy Yakuza HD. Best thing SEGA has done since the Dreamcast.
they actually have that coming to the Wii U in japan

azure

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 10:41:49 pm »
I can't wait to see more on this game, I'm a huge Sonic fan so I'm already super hyped for it.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 01:06:09 am »
Looks great; feels like it's heavily inspired by Super Mario Galaxy.

You know, it looks very similar to Sonic X-Treme. It was a canceled saturn release. Could also be a interesting take on the title Sonic Lost Worlds. If the game does in fact provide a little glimpse into the lost levels of sonic x-treme, that would be fantastic!

Check out this video of sonic x-treme:

sin2beta

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 01:26:08 am »
I definitely think it comes from sonic x-treme now. Looking at the Sonic X-treme plot from sonic retro, I found the following:

Out of the gemstone and into the mist glide small flickering lights almost like fireflies. Cut to Robotnik sprawled on the floor, propping himself up, looking exalted and a bit frightened by the spectacle. Six tall shadows materialize and loom large over the Dr., Knuckles and Tails. Truck-in to Robotnik's sweating, shocked look as the shadows draw in and "smother" him.

Lost world has sonic fighting the 6 bosses. Seems like Lost World is heavily inspired by sonic x-treme.

In fact, I think Mario Galaxy was heavily influenced by Sonic and SEGA... as always.  8)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:45 am »
Does anyone else feel awkward about talking about Sonic being exclusive to Nintendo?  I was too invested in the 90's console wars.