Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35435 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Music thread
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2015, 10:11:22 pm »
I recently got "Chevelle - Wonder What's Next" CD off of 99Gamers.com.

I've always liked this band from the songs I've heard on the radio ("Send the Pain Below", "Red", and "Jars"). But I hadn't heard an entire album by them until I just got this.

I missed out on a great band! It's like Staind and Tool had the sex, and a beautiful rock baby named Chevelle came out.

Give these guys a chance beyond just their normal radio hits. At least the first album I can vouch for. You won't regret it if you like that bass-y, progressive, melodic with an edge; hard to describe Tool sound.

And they're a really good live band.  I wasn't a fan until I saw them live.  They are one of those bands that sound studio good in person.

I'm not a huge Motorhead fan, but damn shame losing one of the last "Rock Stars".  Dude chain-smoked and drank whiskey until the day he died.  70 years of being badass.  You had a good run, dude.

gf78

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2015, 09:12:44 am »

I've always liked this band from the songs I've heard on the radio ("Send the Pain Below", "Red", and "Jars"). But I hadn't heard an entire album by them until I just got this.

I missed out on a great band! It's like Staind and Tool had the sex, and a beautiful rock baby named Chevelle came out.

Give these guys a chance beyond just their normal radio hits. At least the first album I can vouch for. You won't regret it if you like that bass-y, progressive, melodic with an edge; hard to describe Tool sound.

And they're a really good live band.  I wasn't a fan until I saw them live.  They are one of those bands that sound studio good in person.

I'm not a huge Motorhead fan, but damn shame losing one of the last "Rock Stars".  Dude chain-smoked and drank whiskey until the day he died.  70 years of being badass.  You had a good run, dude.

Saw Chevelle a few years back doing a USO tour.  They sound great in concert.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

Warmsignal

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2015, 07:02:18 pm »

For sure. I am a big fan of them. If you like Wonder What's Next, then there are a lot of other records by them you need to also check out. They've remained very solid and true to their sound over the years. Plus there is a new album currently in the works for this spring, the last I heard.

I am currently hooked on a album I got this Xmas by another band I really like a lot and miss called Fear Before The March of Flames, the album entitled Fear Before and it was their last release. These guys are hard to explain, but they were rooted in hardcore punk, yet they are heavily influenced by progressive rock, it is sometimes heavy and sometimes melodic. This album was their most tame release.

Warmsignal

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2016, 01:59:26 am »
I'm really digging Aesthesis by Dead Letter Circus right now, which is another album I recently got this holiday. I think it might be my favorite album from them. There is a pinch of melancholy in this one that contrasts and adds an interesting component to their sort-of spacey, almost bouncy style of music. I'm really hooked on this right now, and I feel like more people need to know about this band.

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2016, 10:45:08 am »
Any Phish fans here?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:49:27 am by bperry731 »

JamesGoblin

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2016, 08:38:47 am »
I have it on repeat:

Not in the head!

romanticore

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2016, 06:42:00 am »
I have it on repeat:

One of the best off Baby! The whole album is just over the top enjoyable. I forgot how good this sounded.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

htimreimer

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 05:21:23 pm »

i dare you people to listen to this song without laughing at how bad it is, i have the 45 it comes from and i had record it   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYqqxsurKc (i cat get the youtube link to play nice)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:29:17 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 06:16:09 pm »
Oh jeez, that high note lol

htimreimer

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 08:16:52 pm »
Oh jeez, that high note lol

thats my favorite part  ;D [size=78%] [/size]

Warmsignal

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2016, 09:26:52 pm »
I'm really not hearing what's so bad about it.

Lately, I've had this album on repeat nonstop. These guys are really great. He hits all kinds of high notes, and it's fantastic.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2016, 01:42:20 pm »
New Megadeth coming my way! Just ordered it! I've heard fantastic reviews from people on this album.

My favorite band of all-time. I hope it's better than the last one, Super Collider. That one sounded like they were trying too hard to go mainstream.

That is a sick cover, BTW!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:38:15 pm by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2016, 11:33:06 pm »
This song is my jam as far as American Idiot.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2016, 08:16:49 am »

Loving it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:24:19 am by fazerco »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2016, 03:21:08 pm »

Urban Dance Squad