Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 35439 times)

htimreimer

Music thread
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:39:12 pm »
people here like to talk about music and instead of have thread made for certain genre/niche, here is thread for all genres and music news.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Music thread
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:08:42 pm »
Well to get something started

sin2beta

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »
I love me some Ramones.

Here is a guy who is a legend from the old NEStabs community and now vgTabs. KabukiBear. He arranges a lot of video game music for classical guitar. If anyone plays, his arrangements are surprisingly not hard to play. But they sound so beautiful and complex. Check him out, here is radical dreamers from Chrono Cross.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 12:03:24 pm »
You guys won't be seeing me much on this thread, just the metal one.

I do like some classic rock, but other than that it's pretty much metal only. But I do listen to wide variety and wide-range of eras of metal.

Call me narrow-minded.

htimreimer

Re: Music thread classic rock
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 01:33:20 pm »
You guys won't be seeing me much on this thread, just the metal one.

I do like some classic rock, but other than that it's pretty much metal only. But I do listen to wide variety and wide-range of eras of metal.

Call me narrow-minded.
this is thread is for all genres of music including metal and classic rock

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »
well here's a topic.

What does everyone think of Chester Bennington of Linkin Park taking over the vocals for Stone Temple pilots?

Personally I'm kind of on the fence.

scott

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 09:23:13 pm »
Uhhh. What?

I mean, I guess he could pull it off. I do enjoy Linkin Park's older stuff, but I'm not sure if I could handle him singing some of STP's classics. :\

On completely different genre, I was listening to my iPod today and a song called "Heroes Come Back!!" by nobodyknows+ popped on. I guess it's the title track for Naruto: Shippuden. I didn't know it was even in there, but I really am digging it. I might need to find a way to import their cds. Between this and Rip Slyme, I'm on a strange Japanese hip hop kick at the moment. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 12:11:56 pm »
well here's a topic.

What does everyone think of Chester Bennington of Linkin Park taking over the vocals for Stone Temple pilots?

if they have a new name then sure they can have whoever they want. just dont pretend to be STP.
its like Rome being the singer of sublime. NO its not sublime, call yourself something different.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 08:28:10 pm »
well here's a topic.

if they have a new name then sure they can have whoever they want. just dont pretend to be STP.
its like Rome being the singer of sublime. NO its not sublime, call yourself something different.

but the only person who is an original member is chester and the new song still has a STP fell to it, so I really don't see a problem with keeping the name. It's kind of funny that post reminds me of one friend who i let barrow my Black Sabbath album Heaven & Hell and he said it sucked because it wasn't Ozzy singing on it

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:28:42 am »
well here's a topic.

Lol its called sublime with Rome... ever since Rome joined its been called sublime with Rome.. as far as chester... Nah I kinda think that's dumb link in park is linkin park that's just gonna make STP sound like linkin park which would suck
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

htimreimer

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:46 pm »
i've been listening to a lot of legendary singer odetta, she sings folk,blues, old fashion R&B,jazz and gospel music and shes been call the voice of the civil Rights movement. she influenced bob dylan in to doing folk music instead of rock. she also influenced janis joplin, maya angelou, harry belafonte, joan baez, mavis staples and carly simon

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »
i've been listening to a lot of legendary singer odetta, she sings folk,blues, old fashion R&B,jazz and gospel music and shes been call the voice of the civil Rights movement. she influenced bob dylan in to doing folk music instead of rock. she also influenced janis joplin, maya angelou, harry belafonte, joan baez, mavis staples and carly simon

Very nice. The long gospel vocals kind of remind me of Nina Simone's music. Nina is a little bit more Jazz. But something you might be into...

htimreimer

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 11:56:39 pm »

Very nice. The long gospel vocals kind of remind me of Nina Simone's music. Nina is a little bit more Jazz. But something you might be into...
i like this, i like this a lot also here is one from odetta that's just haunting

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:03:56 am by htimreimer »

sin2beta

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 09:15:22 pm »
I have a confession. I really like Michael Jackson. I recently rediscovered the song Dirty Diana. Man, I love that song. I might have to play me some sonic 3 and hunt down Moonwalker.

scott

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »
I showed parts of Sony's E3 conference to the GF and she recognized the song they played when Jack Trenton came out to announce all the goodness about the PS4 console. So she had me youtube the music video... it's kinda awesome.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread