Author Topic: Confused about new purchase..."Property of Nintendo"???  (Read 3462 times)

scott

Re: Confused about new purchase..."Property of Nintendo"???
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 02:43:21 pm »
Ya I remember that story. I shook my head at the amount of stupidity that must have been involved in that decision.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »
I only buy used games from GS unless I pre-order something. I also only go to one location and the manager there knows that I collect so he just keeps anything he knows I want in a drawer for me so it doesn't get unwrapped.

amauriel

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 03:03:19 pm »
The thing about the Deus Ex thing...Square-Enix ended up apologizing to GameStop over the whole thing, acted like GameStop did nothing wrong. Made me lose respect for BOTH companies.

I purchase from GameStop only if they have a pre-order item I can't get anywhere else...and only then when I don't think I'll be able to eBay the item.  I have a friend that used to work there, the way they treat their employees with reserves and stuff is asinine and they most certainly take new games home, play them, and sell them as new. (Although she wasn't allowed to take DS games home because of the save files...disc-based games only.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 03:33:51 pm »
I have one pre-order left at GameStop.  After that, I'll stick to select used games.  The GameStop by my house is pretty cool; the folks there know me and take care of me.  I bought the DS game at another GameStop as an impulse.

hexen

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »
Usually only use Gamestop for items with (physical) pre-order bonuses. Last game I got there was Scribblenauts, so it's definitely been awhile since I have shopped there, and I totally got a hat out of the deal.

As far as Nintendo property items go, the only ones I have are way too old for Miyamoto and his koopa troop to bust in my door and jump on my head. They are all SNES games, so I hope time has quelled his rage...
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:40 pm »
I do have a good batch of DS games, a significant portion of which I probably got pre-owned from GS.  I've never run into the display copies, though, with my purchases.  Hm, but come to think of it, I wonder if I've seen them in the display case of cart-only pre-owned...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas