Author Topic: What Do You Think Were the Worst Consoles Ever and Why?  (Read 2984 times)

Re: What Do You Think Were the Worst Consoles Ever and Why?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 12:31:48 am »
I'd hate to think that there are "worst consles" :'(, but I would have to say the first Xbox360 because of the RRoD crap.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 12:35:30 am »
5. Nintendo 64 - It's not actually a terrible console. It's just my least liked Nintendo console (other than the Virtual Boy). And most of that is due to it's terrible, awkwardly shaped controller with the worst thumbstick ever made. It kills the gameplay on so many otherwise great games. And the console was lacking in 2 of my favorite genres: shoot-em ups and RPGs.
[/quote]

How dare you say N64 is a bad console. :'(
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFUi9DITLRI&list=HL1372730015[/youtube]
I think of this song^^^, and cry my self in the corner.  :'(
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 01:10:42 pm »
^ Like I said, it's not a terrible console. It has a good library of games and reliable hardware. It's just my least favorite Nintendo console because of the lack of certain game genres, and the terrible controller.

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 07:13:36 pm »
I'd hate to think that there are "worst consles" :'(, but I would have to say the first Xbox360 because of the RRoD crap.

Throw in PS2 for dead lasers and PS3 for ylod too.

htimreimer

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 07:47:56 pm »
most of the "worst consoles ever" are not all that bad, a lot of them have valid reasons for their problems 

CD-I: the CD-I had bad marketing and was targeting wrong audience

atari 5200: the 5200 was rush to market and only available in the US and canada

CD32: amiga didn't do their research and because they didn't do their research they couldn't release the CD32 in the US which killed the console
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:55:03 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 02:46:32 pm »
most of the "worst consoles ever" are not all that bad, a lot of them have valid reasons for their problems 

CD32: amiga didn't do their research and because they didn't do their research they couldn't release the CD32 in the US which killed the console

The N64 was successful, right?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 03:08:11 pm »

Yeah, they had reasons, but that doesn't mean they weren't bad. To add those reasons, not one of those consoles you have up there have a good library of games. And Atari 5200 had a terrible joystick.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 08:04:38 pm »
Yeah, they had reasons, but that doesn't mean they weren't bad. To add those reasons, not one of those consoles you have up there have a good library of games. And Atari 5200 had a terrible joystick.
[/quote]

I could list a lot of good games on N64. Like The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a game that is still known by a lot of people "the best game ever."
good N64 games-
Zelda OoT, Zelda Majora's mask, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, Conker's bad fur day etc...
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

I could list a lot of good games on N64. Like The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a game that is still known by a lot of people "the best game ever."
good N64 games-
Zelda OoT, Zelda Majora's mask, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, Conker's bad fur day etc...

He never mentioned N64.

htimreimer

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 01:17:06 am »

beyond it the 5200 terrible joystick, it had games that that weren't all that bad .

the cd-i is not much of a gaming console, it more of a edutainment system that just happens to have a library of random software and when you look at it that way , it not that bad of console.

the CD32 was doomed for the vary start, the lack of research on patents killed the system also there was no way it could have a good  library of games with such a limited release plus a crowded  market doesn't help the situation

sin2beta

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 07:47:25 pm »

beyond it the 5200 terrible joystick, it had games that that weren't all that bad .

the cd-i is not much of a gaming console, it more of a edutainment system that just happens to have a library of random software and when you look at it that way , it not that bad of console.

the CD32 was doomed for the vary start, the lack of research on patents killed the system also there was no way it could have a good  library of games with such a limited release plus a crowded  market doesn't help the situation

Very much agree!

I actually would really want a 5200 if not for the joysticks. Some of the ports look really good!

I do want a CD32. But I am a Commodore and Amiga fan. Of course, I'd rather have an Amiga computer... but for collecting purposes I want a CD32.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c