Author Topic: Don Mattrick Out  (Read 2156 times)

sin2beta

Don Mattrick Out
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:00:46 pm »
Don Mattrick has left Microsoft. He's now with Zynga.

Personally, I think a step up would be to replace him with that drinking bird. You know the one from the simpsons that just keeps pecking the "y" key over and over until is causes a nuclear meltdown...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

matt

Re: Don Mattrick Out
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »
Zynga is a sinking ship. He'll fit right in.

soera

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:05:30 pm »
Im not shocked hes gone. My guess is he didnt leave on his own accord.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:22:59 pm »
Im not shocked hes gone. My guess is he didnt leave on his own accord.

Wait, you're saying Donny boy didn't think to himself "These XBox guys are living in squaresville, man. I wish I had a job at Zynga. Zynga's the future!"

But yeah, I think Microsoft is going to do some more cleaning. May not be as big of profiles. but I think they are looking/need fresh perspectives.

Since Mattrick's claim to fame and pet project was the kinect, I wonder if the next team will deemphasize the kinect. I mean, I'll give credit where credit is do. It's a neat device. Dance Central honestly looks like all kinds of fun. But beyond dance central...

scott

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:27:58 pm »
Good riddance. The dude is a complete asshat, and I could barely stand listening to him talk during the E3 conference. I think we can pretty much all agree that movement based controls, for the most part, were the weakest thing about this entire generation.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 10:34:50 pm »
I think we can pretty much all agree that movement based controls, for the most part, were the weakest thing about this entire generation.
Yeah definitely agree.  All these years I thought it would be cool to do things like swing my remote around like I was actually Link using a sword.  After 10 minutes I wanted my normal controller back. :-\
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 12:50:42 am »
Good to see the idiot out of MS. He's the one who said the famous "if you don't like the online requirement on the Xbox One, buy a 360"quote... amongst other stupidity. He's a total douche-nozzle. After all this recent stuff I figure he was pressured by higher-ups/investors to quit.

Hopefully Phil Harrison is next. Maybe he'll join his friend at Zynga :P

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 01:10:50 am »

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

Ha, I have some friends who work at Zynga; I think they might appreciate that image :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:53:00 pm »
I didnt actually know what Zynga was ... after looking, lol the place that has Facebook games. :o

scott

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »
Once He gets settled in at Zynga, expect to see a surge in games that require a webcam to allow you to play Cityville with  motion controls!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »
And he was replaced by Steve Ballmer. I can't believe they managed to downgrade xD

sin2beta

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 07:48:32 pm »
And he was replaced by Steve Ballmer. I can't believe they managed to downgrade xD

Ballmer was higher than Mattrick. This should be temporary, unless if Ballmer decided to give himself a demotion.

madmax

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

Ballmer was higher than Mattrick. This should be temporary, unless if Ballmer decided to give himself a demotion.

I meant in terms of how good the person will be for Xbox. I think Ballmer is a definite downgrade from Mattrick in terms of giving the people what they want and listening to the public. Hopefully he is temporary because he could do some serious harm to xbox and it's already in a pretty rough place.

sin2beta

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »

I meant in terms of how good the person will be for Xbox. I think Ballmer is a definite downgrade from Mattrick in terms of giving the people what they want and listening to the public. Hopefully he is temporary because he could do some serious harm to xbox and it's already in a pretty rough place.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I think you're right. The only hope I see is maybe he just won't care and let several people go with little supervision. But I doubt it. Not caring seems Ballmeresque. But letting people go on their own definitely doesn't.

The only benefit I see is that the programmers might be able to enjoy a few drinks on the job. http://xkcd.com/323/