Author Topic: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 26724 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2013, 12:32:31 am »
What I got today:

Oh man is Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 TERRIBLE! It looks nice, and has a good cast of the characters, especially for the time. But it plays HORRIBLY. Slow and lethargic is the best way to describe the gameplay. Luckily I only paid $3.99 for it.

Why was this ever so sought after back in the day?

foxhack

« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2013, 08:32:41 am »
Oh man is Dragonball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 TERRIBLE! It looks nice, and has a good cast of the characters, especially for the time. But it plays HORRIBLY. Slow and lethargic is the best way to describe the gameplay. Luckily I only paid $3.99 for it.

Why was this ever so sought after back in the day?
... as much as it sucks, it's a lot better than Final Bout.

blipcs76

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:55 am »
Came across a garage sale and found an amazing and unexpected haul.  A huge box of Sega Master System games, most of them CIB and cheap!  I never see SMS stuff for sale around here, so I happily added to my collection:

SMS model 1
Light Phaser
My Hero (card)
F-16 Fighter (card)
Ghost House (card)
Spy Vs. Spy (card)
Outrun
Alien Syndrome
Thunder Blade
Shinobi
Altered Beast
Space Harrier
Rocky
Double Dragon
Marksman/Trap Shooting
Monopoly
Missile Defense 3D
Zaxxon 3D
Shooting Gallery
Wonder Boy
Captain Silver
Alex Kidd Miracle World
Gangster Town
Kenseiden
Ghostbusters
Reggie Jackson Baseball
Pro Wrestling
Rambo 2
Sports Pad Football
Great Football/Baseball/Basketball
Global Defense
Choplifter
Zillion
Zillion 2

I also got
Genesis (Columns, Sonic Spinball, Tony La Russo Baseball)
NES (Joust, Star Voyager)
and from a different sale, State of Emergency (PS2)

foxhack

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2013, 01:20:11 pm »
I picked up two sealed copies of something called "SLAI - Steel Lancer Arena International" for really cheap. It's some sort of mech arena fighting game published by Konami. I'm keeping one but trading away the other. Not sure yet.

soera

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2013, 02:47:08 pm »
Added something to my SMS collection that I wasnt sure I would ever find. There were two books that came with some form of the game. Its called "Book of Mystic Wisdom" and "History of Britannia". Ive only seen these books 3 times ever. I got lucky as the ones I scored are in basically mint condition.

sin2beta

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2013, 10:45:47 pm »
Added something to my SMS collection that I wasnt sure I would ever find. There were two books that came with some form of the game. Its called "Book of Mystic Wisdom" and "History of Britannia". Ive only seen these books 3 times ever. I got lucky as the ones I scored are in basically mint condition.

Nice going with Sonic! It's a fantastic game! The cart is not too rare, but super fun. Bridge zone has some of my favorite 8-bit music. Yuzo Koshiro did the music. (Streets of Rage, Y's, Shinobi, Actraiser, Etrian Odyssey, etc) Truly one of the greats.

I assume you don't have the elusive UPC sticker on the box?

RC Grand Prix is a fantastic find!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2013, 12:37:52 am »
It's hard to believe the price that the UPC sticker commands. I opted for the EU version; far easier on the wallet. Can't wait to pick up R.C. Grand Prix and give it a whirl.

Picked up three more SMS games:

Blade Eagle 3-D
E-SWAT
Ys: The Vanished Omens

(Only 15 left to go now)

And my box of 67 items from DollarMisfit arrived today...

Atari 2600
Armor Ambush
Astroblast
Canyon Bomber
Commando Raid
Gangster Alley
International Soccer
Mega Force
Outer Space
Planet Patrol
Realsports Baseball
Riddle of the Sphinx
Robot Tank
Skate Boardin'
Sky Diver
Space Cavern
Star Voyager
Street Racer
Swordquest: Earthworld
Swordquest: Fireworld

Atari 7800
One-on-One

Odyssey2
Cosmic Conflict!
Freedom Fighters!
Hockey! / Soccer!
Pachinko!
Volleyball!
War of Nerves!

NES
Bases Loaded
Captain Skyhawk
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
NES Play Action Football
Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball
Sky Shark
Track & Field II

N64
All-Star Baseball 2000
All-Star Baseball 2001
California Speed
MRC: Multi-Racing Championship

Dreamcast
Championship Surfer
NBA 2K
NBA 2K1
NFL 2K
NFL Quarterback Club 2000
NHL 2K
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing
World Series Baseball 2K1

Xbox
Sneak King
Spider-Man

DS
Brain Age 2

Game Gear
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II
Batter Up
Clutch Hitter
FIFA International Soccer
Fred Couples Golf
George Foreman's KO Boxing
G-Loc Air Battle
Incredible Hulk
Joe Montana Football
Madden NFL '95
Majors Pro Baseball
Monster Truck Wars
NBA Jam
NFL '95
NHL All-Star Hockey
PGA Tour Golf II
RBI Baseball '94
Super Monaco GP
World Series Baseball '95
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:50:48 am by dstone »

soera

« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2013, 01:03:04 am »
It's hard to believe the price that the UPC sticker commands. I opted for the EU version

All versions are the EU version. :) That upc is just a sticker that stores put on so they can scan them.

sin2beta

« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:42 am »
Yeppers. A lot of the US master system games are just extra EU stock. Sonic was nothing but EU stock, they just lazily slapped some UPC stickers over the EU barcodes. Due to the shared libraries, I know several SMS full set collectors who actually say that the Master System only has two regions. The Asian countries and then everyone else. Thus, to have a full set you have to have all of the Brazil, EU, releases, etc. My definition does not go this far though.

But the bottom line is, I find it hard to even consider the US Sonic with the UPC a variant. Most people, myself included, tend to think most copies sold have fake UPC stickers anyway.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:29:52 am by sin2beta »

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2013, 01:53:50 am »
All versions are the EU version. :) That upc is just a sticker that stores put on so they can scan them.

I suppose I should say "opted for the version without the sticker."

But the bottom line is, I find it hard to even consider the US Sonic with the UPC a variant. Most people, myself included, tend to think most copies sold have fake UPC stickers anyway.

Wholeheartedly agree.

And I always get a chuckle out of the guy on eBay with his Sonic listed at an absurd price while saying "UPC sticker has been removed." But, wait, that's the whole reason it commands an absurd price!  ::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:58:04 am by dstone »

foxhack

« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2013, 08:48:06 am »
Yeppers. A lot of the US master system games are just extra EU stock. Sonic was nothing but EU stock, they just lazily slapped some UPC stickers over the EU barcodes. Due to the shared libraries, I know several SMS full set collectors who actually say that the Master System only has two regions. The Asian countries and then everyone else. Thus, to have a full set you have to have all of the Brazil, EU, releases, etc. My definition does not go this far though.

... Seriously? Brazil had its own series of releases - yes they're graphic hacks but they count. It should be a third region.

soera

« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2013, 09:34:53 am »
This is the whole reason I have been trying to take over the SMS section of Sega Age. The UPCs are way too easily faked and ridiculous. The regions are hard to define. The list as I see it as basically 301 games. There is one Australian exclusive : http://www.smstributes.co.uk/getinfo.asp?gameid=398, 18 different Brazilian exclusives and the rest are split between the NA and UK. There are quite a few games that are renames (Buster Douglas vs Heavyweight champion, All American football vs Walter Payton, etc). Most of them are either generic games which end up getting a sports star's name or they are the Brazilian version in their native language. Then you have cart vs card. I dont really care for the card games and the cases. The cards do not play on my SMS II so Im going for cart versions of all the games (Which all the card games do indeed have a cartridge version). My personal goal is to get a version of all the 301 games.

The Asian countries I exclude as well cause they do not fit into the same machine. Its the same reason I do not count Dizzy the Adventurer as an NES game. You can not put it into a NES without the Aladdin enhancer.

And its funny you mention that auction on Ebay with the guy asking a lot for Sonic but saying the sticker is gone. The last copy of the UPC one that was listed on Ebay was actually being sold in the UK.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2013, 01:58:43 pm »
I got a box in yesterday with a ton of stuff from that dollarmisfit.com site.  GBA games o'plenty. I haven't got them all in the collection yet.  I haven't even been through all of them yet.  My wife ordered a bunch of those Nicktoons games for the boy.

foxhack

« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2013, 03:30:58 pm »
I got two Gamecube Memory Cards - one 1019 and one 251 - for three dollars total.

sin2beta

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2013, 10:39:05 pm »
I got a box in yesterday with a ton of stuff from that dollarmisfit.com site.  GBA games o'plenty. I haven't got them all in the collection yet.  I haven't even been through all of them yet.  My wife ordered a bunch of those Nicktoons games for the boy.

how was the condition on those?