Author Topic: Intellivision Game Listings  (Read 637 times)

psydswipe

Intellivision Game Listings
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:30 am »
This may apply to other platforms as well, I'm just most familiar with Intellivision. I was wondering if you plan on adding every variation or just one main entry for each game? It looks like right now there is just one entry but since you are placing item numbers and barcodes you probably plan on adding more, is this correct? I see a Sears entry for Sea Battle but not one for Mattel. Other than the Sears releases just about any game that once had a license in the title was later released under another name. Here are some examples:

Major League Baseball = Big League Baseball
The Electric Company Word Fun = Word Fun
U.S. Ski Team Skiing = Skiing
USCF Chess = Chess

I think just about every one of the Mattel-published sports games had a license and was later released by INTV without it. You do run into games that may have three versions because you'll have PBA Bowling, Bowling, and then a Sears release of Bowling. It gets complicated.

tpugmire

Re: Intellivision Game Listings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:42:29 am »
Every variation will have its own page.  Feel free to create listings for things that you see are missing.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

Re: Intellivision Game Listings
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:15 am »
Yup, if you look at the Atari 2600 listing there are a bunch of variants listed already. That's one of our main goals is to make sure variants are accounted for, rather than have one generic listing for every game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread