Author Topic: Anyone have any unusual sub-collections?  (Read 2607 times)

blipcs76

Anyone have any unusual sub-collections?
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »
I'm curious if anyone around here collects anything bizarre or not-the-norm.  For example, I can think of 3 odd gaming-related sub-collections I'm building:

- Arcade marquees
I've got about 10 arcade marquees, which are really nice decorations for my game 'room.'

- Video game movies
Slowly, I've been collecting every video game based movie I've found on the cheap.  The worse they are, the better; awful stuff like Super Mario Bros. and House of the Dead.

- Video game board games
Only three in my collection so far (Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Zaxxon), but there weren't that many actually produced.

desocietas

Re: Anyone have any unusual sub-collections?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »
You should check in with Foxhack about this thread ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:51:19 pm »
I have all the Freak series controllers for the PS2 sealed. I have some board games. 2 pac man, SMB, Zelda, and a Tetris game.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:51:58 pm »
You should check in with Foxhack about this thread ;)

Bad games, game movies, game soundtracks.

That's about it. :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:02:37 pm »
I still pick-up VHS and Cassette tapes at Goodwill, because their dirt cheap and I still have a working VCR and cassette player.

scott

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »
I tend to collect Strategy guides, but usually only for games I own. I do have a goal of getting all the Castlevania guides, but it's hard finding info on which ones had them and which ones didn't.

I also have a good selection of Video game related Action figures.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 11:58:40 pm »
I have a shit-ton of strategy guides and Nintendo Powers. What I. Really like to find is the Nintendo Power strategy guides.

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 12:45:55 am »
- Video game movies
Slowly, I've been collecting every video game based movie I've found on the cheap.  The worse they are, the better; awful stuff like Super Mario Bros. and House of the Dead.
you know SMB is not all that bad of a movie, if you ignore the super mario references you will get a mediocre sci-fi with some vary cheesy dialogue.

i'm trying to collect weird some what video game related items like that space invaders LP but that thing is rare

caiterz

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 03:34:17 am »
Crystalis/God slayer stuff

(IE: not much, lol)

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 10:39:50 am »
I really want to collect Famicom handbills. I just got my first one a few weeks ago. Some are pretty expensive, so I have to take my time.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 11:11:00 am »
Here ya go : http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=106520 (before you ask, the DQ ones are already gone :( )

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »

So you have Crystalis on NES, and Crystalis on Game Boy. Is there other Crystalis stuff I'm not aware of?

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 10:21:39 pm »

So you have Crystalis on NES, and Crystalis on Game Boy. Is there other Crystalis stuff I'm not aware of?
There's a strategy guide, isn't there?

There are also Japanese / European versions of the games (well, the NES one).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 10:39:32 pm »

There's a strategy guide, isn't there?

There are also Japanese / European versions of the games (well, the NES one).

Strategy guides were more often found in Nintendo Power or Tips and Tricks Magazine back then. I'm not sure if it had a strategy guide, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

foxhack

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »
Strategy guides were more often found in Nintendo Power or Tips and Tricks Magazine back then. I'm not sure if it had a strategy guide, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.
I could've sworn I read that this game had a standalone strategy guide but maybe I'm confusing it with something else.