Author Topic: What Next Gen Games Are You Getting  (Read 3843 times)

sin2beta

What Next Gen Games Are You Getting
« on: July 13, 2013, 10:19:56 am »
We've talked about the systems to death. But what about the games? If you are planning on going next gen what games excite you? And list for any system, whether you plan on picking one up or not.

For me:
Watch Dogs - It's coming to current gen as well. But seeing this last year at E3 was the very first time I started to get excited for the next gen.
Forza 5 - I love the Forza series. 'nuff said.
Killer Instinct - It is a scaled back version. And the original wasn't as good as the hype. But, the bottom line is, I am really excited to hear c-c-c-c-combo breaker again.
Destiny - This just excites me. I can't explain why. By I want to play it. I'm not a big FPS guy But I loved Marathon back in the day and Halo. I'm sure I'll like this.
Titanfall - I'm not as excited as others, but this does look fun.
Metal Gear Solid - I love Kojima.
Sunset Overdrive - Looks fun
Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 - I'm not a huge RPG fan. But I still get excited for new Square games for some reason.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

Re: What Next Gen Games Are You Getting
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 10:44:05 am »
I'm going solely PS4 next gen and as of right now I'm going to be getting:

Watch Dogs - I love sandbox games and this one looks pretty awesome.
Metal Gear Solid V - HUGE MGS fan right here. While I'm not sure on the move to Open world, you know it's going to epic.
Infamous: Second Son - I really dig the power set they've shown off so far. And I've really enjoyed Infamous so far.
The Order: Steampunkish/ Retrofuture werewolf hunting? Yes please.
Killzone: The gameplay of this game looks really good. I've not played a Killzone game before though, but I was impressed w/ what I saw of this.
Possibly Destiny and maybe Diablo III - these two depend heavily on if I know people that will be playing it too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:46:58 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 11:00:31 am »
i will eventually get a PS4 but not at launch
Knack
the Order:1886
Final Fantasy XV
inFAMOUS Second Son

Wii U (yes I'm counting it as "next gen")
Bayonetta 2
Sonic Lost world
Super Smash bros
Mario Kart 8
wonderful 101
Rayman Legends
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong country Tropical Freeze
Wind Waker HD
and that Monolithsoft game

I'll try adding why later
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:25:12 pm by redblaze57 »

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 11:08:03 am »
inFamous Second Sun, Mirror's Edge, bunch of Wii U stuff (Sonic, Mario, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, W101, Donkey Kong, WWHD, Pikmin 3).... that's about it for now. Not much that's super interesting, i's a waiting game for now.

I think we really need to stop calling them next-gen, since we're already in the 8th gen since... technically when the 3DS came out :P

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:08 am »
Oh, man, I forgot about Bayonetta 2, Sonic Lost World and Wonderful 101. Definitely excited for those.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 11:26:02 am »

I think we really need to stop calling them next-gen, since we're already in the 8th gen since... technically when the 3DS came out :P

right it should be called "next gen"

haloofthesun

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:05 pm »
Wii U
Batman: Arkham Origins
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Game & Wario (it's out, but I haven't picked it up yet)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (same as above)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Lego City Undercover (yep)
Mario Kart 8
New Super Luigi U (I want the retail version, of course)
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil: Revelations
Scribblenauts DC
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic: Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
Super Smash Bros.
Tank! Tank! Tank!
The Wonderful 101

I have some catching up to do.

I do want a PS4 but I'm not sure which games I want for it yet, and I probably won't get one very soon after launch. Which also means multiplats like Watch Dogs I'll probably be getting on my Wii U as well, unless they turn out to be horrible inferior versions of the game like Wii multiplats often were.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 01:34:30 pm »
Despite the press seeming to hate it, I'm looking forward to Wii U titles. New Mario, new Zelda, and hopefully a new Metroid that we've heard faint rumblings of on the internet.

The mainstream consoles just look like more of the same to me. Not that using the same old Nintendo properties is new or anything, but at least they have charm to them and you know you can count on Nintendo to make a good game.

spac316

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »
Well...knowing my track record, all of them eventually, starting with the Wii U.

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:16 pm »
nintendo: there's a lot of wii u games i want to get including that new IP that shigeru miyamoto said he's is working on

sony: i will get a ps4 sometime but there's no games that appeal to me yet

microsoft can go fu#k them self's , they broken my trust once and now they say if this partition to bring back the DRM and other crap gets enough  names they will do it and i guarantee you the number of names required is not that high

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »
My first Day One game that I will purchase and play will be Killer Instinct without a doubt.

Uuuuuuuuuultraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa   COMBOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

More than 15 years to wait for a sequel  ;D

After that ... Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 (Xbox One version)

And next year my favorite series of all time : Metal Gear Solid V

blipcs76

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 10:23:48 am »
I'm picking up a WiiU once they have a decent library. 

PS4: Maybe someday.  I still don't have a PS3 yet.

XBox One: No way.  MS has lost my trust.  I've never liked the company to begin with, so I'll lose no sleep by parting ways with them.

darko

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:48 am »
I'm going to go with the PS4 as my primary as of now. The game I'm most excited for has to be Metal Gear. I mean, it looks like Red Dead Redemption and MGS had a baby. How is that not going to own?

XBO? Meh. I mean, I'm not going to forget that they are totally out of touch/don't care about their primary user base. I might pick one up someday, but it's probably not going to be at launch.

Other than that, I'm going to be a little more picky this time around. I don't have enough time to play everything, so I'm going to attempt to limit purchases to things I actually want to play.

Not hating - but I think the Wii U is already a failure. It's not because there's anything specifically wrong with the console, Nintendo has just dropped the ball on content. I don't really get their "strategy" anymore.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:04:22 am by darko »

jobocan

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 05:57:27 pm »
Not hating - but I think the Wii U is already a failure. It's not because there's anything specifically wrong with the console, Nintendo has just dropped the ball on content. I don't really get their "strategy" anymore.

But the content is coming. It's getting a bunch of great exclusives coming out this year, and a bunch more next year. They took a while, but they're getting it right now.

The PS3 got it much worse than this in the content department in its first year or 2, but now it's a huge success.

sin2beta

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 06:53:49 pm »

But the content is coming. It's getting a bunch of great exclusives coming out this year, and a bunch more next year. They took a while, but they're getting it right now.

The PS3 got it much worse than this in the content department in its first year or 2, but now it's a huge success.

Yeah, I suspect the WiiU will be OK. It seems like Nintendo always screws up a launch. States they learned from their mistakes. Sometimes gives people ambassador status. And then they always make out OK. I think if nothing else, you can only get Smash Bros on Nintendo. You can only get Mario Kart on Nintendo, etc. They are no longer the giant they once were but they are doing fine.

Now, I don't think the WiiU will have quite the lifespan the Wii had.