Author Topic: The Evil Within  (Read 1407 times)

darko

The Evil Within
« on: July 29, 2013, 11:54:43 am »
So I haven't been following the next gen stuff much since the E3 drama, but this game caught my attention.

Shinji Mikami (his studio is Tango Gameworks) is pretty much a badass when it comes to GOOD survival horror games. Bathesda and Tango are making the game and it looks pretty awesome. Supposedly the game is going to go back to survival horror roots and basically be a completely dynamic true survival horror game. I'm pumped.

If you're not familiar with Mikami, here are some of the projects in which he was involved:

Shadows of the Damned   
God Hand      
Killer7   <----- If you've played this then you know how messed up his games can be :)
Resident Evil 4      
Dino Crisis 3      
Viewtiful Joe      
P.N.03   
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil (remake)
Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica   
Devil May Cry   
Dino Crisis 2      
Resident Evil Code: Veronica   
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis   
Dino Crisis   
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil

Notice that he hasn't had anything to do with the newer RE games...

haloofthesun

Re: The Evil Within
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:09:03 pm »
This has been one of the few games I've been anticipating highly this year.

atariboy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:32 pm »
Now that looks interesting, Maybe they will have a xbox360 or PS3 version  :P one could hope, I'm not really looking to get any next gen consoles.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

darko

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:54:29 pm »
Now that looks interesting, Maybe they will have a xbox360 or PS3 version  :P one could hope, I'm not really looking to get any next gen consoles.

It's slated to release on the 360, PS3, XBO, and PS4!

atariboy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:44:56 pm »
^^^   :o Well that's good news  ;D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:22 pm »
Holy shit that looks amazing. It freaked me the hell out. Was that CGI? cause it honestly looked real.

darko

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »
Holy shit that looks amazing. It freaked me the hell out. Was that CGI? cause it honestly looked real.

Yep. I think it was. The gameplay still looks awesome though.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »
Yep. I think it was. The gameplay still looks awesome though.

All I can say is that if this is a taste of what's to come from this next generation, I can't wait.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 01:24:55 am »
As far as I am concerned, Shinji Mikami can do no wrong....  I have a rule that if I play 3 of your games that are awesome, then all of your games are awesome regardless of whether or not I have played them, until you disappoint me....  Makes things pretty simple because in most cases the "disappointment" never comes....