Author Topic: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 19049 times)

soera

Re: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2013, 09:22:42 am »
Ive only seen that Cube in pics ... I wouldnt have expected one to be in the states. :) Nice score. Are you ready to adopt me and put me in your will yet?

So you can murder him and get all the games?  I see your plan. Sneaky bastard

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

blipcs76

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2013, 09:28:07 am »
Some amazing finds this weekend people!  Congrats particularly on that amazing Zelda collection and finding the Panasonic Q.  Crazy to find that thing out in the wild!

Not much for me this weekend.  I didn't get anything myself, but my mom found some Genesis games at a garage sale and my buddy handed down to me a Game Gear with a few games.

tpugmire

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2013, 01:23:28 pm »
I found an indigo gamecube with 2 controllers in great shape at a thrift store for $8.00. When I got home, I found a power cord and tried it out, but it's dead. I also realized that there was a game in it too, some Lord of the Rings game. At least I got some good controllers...  I also got my retail copy of New Super Luigi U yesterday.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2013, 07:08:42 pm »
Picked up another broken black GameGear. This one puts me at 2 black and 1 blue. It came with Sonic so not all bad for $5. I keep putting off buying the cap kits to fix them.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2013, 07:32:46 pm »
Got the Adventures of Batman & Robin on the Sega CD today. Picking up New Super Luigi U  and Killer is Dead(PS3) Tomorrow.

haloofthesun

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
My copy of New Super Luigi U should be arriving in a couple of days. Also got recently:

SNES
Mystic Ark

Playstation
Ape Escape
Echo Night

Nintendo 64
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

Gamecube
Gun
Hunter: The Reckoning

Dreamcast
Blue Stinger
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 1

Wii
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templar
Octomania

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »
So I was able to pick up New Super Luigi U today but my PRE-ORDER of Killer is Dead wasn't there and I was told a week before it comes in. Has anyone else have this problem with Killer is Dead if they Pre-ordered it?

anyway went to the local thrift store and found Theses
PSP- Megaman Powered Up $5
PS2- Demon Stone $3
PS2- Xenosaga Episode 1 $6
NGC- Bomberman Jetters $6
NGC- Starfox Adventures $6

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2013, 09:30:38 am »
Can I get a "WtF"?!

Wasn't even thinking about getting Xillia.

Hit-up a garage sale today & they had a sealed & boxed copy for sale marked @ $20  :o

I was talking to the guy about it -and- w/o even asking, he said just give him $15 for it  ::)

I was quick in reaching for my $  ;D

I don't "get" it though...maybe a gift to someone desperate for (drug) money looking to convert it to quick cash?

Anyone else ever see this or have any other theories and/or explanations for it?

Lucky! I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a quick way to get cash for drugs.

Y-e-a-h...

The only other scenario that I can think of (in which that whole deal makes sense) is if somebody stole it (paying nothing for it) -and- just made 15X their investment in selling it to me for $15.00

Still pretty, damned stupid, though...as he could have ripped off the plastic wrap, took it to GS to sell it to them "used" for, probably...what...at least double what he sold it to me for?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2013, 05:57:04 pm »
My PS3 FF14 CE arrived today. Pretty nice piece. Just a shame that the soundtrack is only five select songs and not the full thing as the music in the game is fantastic. Not sure if there is a physical full soundtrack out yet. But I already got the PC CE when the old junk version released so I still got the new version for free. Bought the PS3 CE so I would have that version as well. Been playing since Saturday. Game is having the usual MMO launch issues. Tons of people trying to play it and the servers can't handle them. Regardless of all that, I am having a ton of fun in the game. Its not some ground breaking new MMO design. Its just a really polished Final Fantasy MMO.

I've seen a few people on the internet who have completed the main storyline and say its amazing. Comparable to a single player FF story and an excellent throwback to the older FF games. Saying its well worth the $30-40 purchase just to play through the main story.

Hope to see some people in-game! (Once they allow more people in :P) Also added all [NA] versions of the game I am aware of to the database. Need scans for the PC and PS3 standard versions and the PC Collector's Edition.

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2013, 06:16:18 pm »
Got TimeSplitters 2 (XBox). Been looking for this game forever, I'm glad that I found it. I have to clean the fingerprints off of it though. I got it in Kissimmee, Florida (I live in London, Ontario).

you know they are making timesplitters rewind (fan made game with full licencing.)

Yeah, I'm glad they are, though I was extremely disappointed when they cancelled TS4.

i was crushed. timesplitters series is my fav first person games. its the first game i played with both analog sticks

haha, I was just thinking the other day about that game and it is the first one I ever played like that too.  It too forever to get used to that.

« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2013, 12:34:21 am »

new ones added to the right side, bought from a craigslist seller. it was a 20 mile drive, but well worth it. there were plenty of boxed nes, snes and n64 games but i only collect gb.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2013, 12:53:48 am »

new ones added to the right side, bought from a craigslist seller. it was a 20 mile drive, but well worth it. there were plenty of boxed nes, snes and n64 games but i only collect gb.

That definetly looks worth the drive. Congrats!

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:15 pm »
Found a pretty good priced lot of SNES games today at $2 each and 2 Intellivision games at $0.77. Total after tax $19.85. I was surprised to find these at this Goodwill cause I know the area I was at is full of resellers and a used game store.
SNES
Championship Pool, John Madden Football '93, NFL Football, Paperboy 2, PGA Tour Golf, Street Fighter II, Super Mario Kart, Super Return Of The Jedi, Tecmo Super NBA Basketball.

Intellivision(not sure why since I don't have the system)
Venture, NFL Football

At my close by Goodwill I found TailSpin and Blaster Master for $5.05 each. It's neat how one Goodwill prices cart games at $1.91 and other Goodwills price them at $5.05. I passed on Infiltrator due to the $5.05 price. I already have it.

I also passed on a bag of cords with a NES Advantage in it. It had a SNES power pack and a couple Sega 3 button controllers for $20.

madmax

« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2013, 12:23:14 am »
My PS3 FF14 CE arrived today. Pretty nice piece. Just a shame that the soundtrack is only five select songs and not the full thing as the music in the game is fantastic. Not sure if there is a physical full soundtrack out yet. But I already got the PC CE when the old junk version released so I still got the new version for free. Bought the PS3 CE so I would have that version as well. Been playing since Saturday. Game is having the usual MMO launch issues. Tons of people trying to play it and the servers can't handle them. Regardless of all that, I am having a ton of fun in the game. Its not some ground breaking new MMO design. Its just a really polished Final Fantasy MMO.

I've seen a few people on the internet who have completed the main storyline and say its amazing. Comparable to a single player FF story and an excellent throwback to the older FF games. Saying its well worth the $30-40 purchase just to play through the main story.

Hope to see some people in-game! (Once they allow more people in :P) Also added all [NA] versions of the game I am aware of to the database. Need scans for the PC and PS3 standard versions and the PC Collector's Edition.

-SNIP-

So Jelly >.<
I have to Normal PS3 edition coming in the mail (Canada only has the dual language box) but I'm keeping mine sealed since my PS3 shit out on me.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »
finally got my copy of Killer is dead (PS3)
Also Gamestop is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free this weekend So I Grabbed
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition(PS3)
3-D Dot Game Heroes(PS3)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS)