Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z PS1 Import  (Read 1079 times)

Dragon Ball Z PS1 Import
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:32:54 pm »
I found a Dragon Ball Z game at the goodwill today and really don't know anything about it. After a little googleing I've determined the game is Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (SLPS-00355). The thing that gets me a little is that the cover is slightly different then the images I've seen of it. The pictures I can find have a white border around the cover art where mine does not. Does anyone here happen to know about thing about this game? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

sin2beta

Re: Dragon Ball Z PS1 Import
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:41:11 pm »
Yeah, that is Dragon Ball Legends. Sadly, that is one of the games I bought a mod chip for back in the day. It's one of the more playable PSOne Dragon Ball games, but that's not saying much.

My copy did not have the white border either. I believe that is the Playstation is for Family marketing that came in later printings... but I don't have a huge Playstation knowledge. I just used to own that game.

EDIT: It may sound like I don't like the game. But honestly, I played the hell out of it as a kid. It's not a good game. But there was no western DBZ game at the time (GBA was the first non reskinned if I remember correctly). But as a DBZ fan, enjoyment can easily be found in the game. It follows the main plot points of the series.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:43:41 pm by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:28 pm »
Do you think its worth anything? I dont collect imports, but for a dollar I really couldnt walk out without it.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:33:02 pm »
From what I've seen, it's one of the more common imports due to DBZ fans like myself. I've seen it in the wild a few times and usually for not more than $5. Ebay doesn't show it going for much either.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:50 pm »
Yes, that seems to be the first print of the game. It's not really worth that much, I don't see a spine card in those photos.

Japan gets several Greatest Hits-like series all the time, the white border version is really common.

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 03:32:36 am »
I actually own the other "Best for Family" printing.  As far as it goes between DBZ UB22 or DBGT FB this is the better of the three.  Worth more than you paid but not much more.