Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 18901 times)

sin2beta

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 09:10:25 pm »
I am getting one. I know I will. But I am waiting. I'm going to see what most people get. But I do have a preference for XBox controllers and Forza is my favorite thing this last generation (besides Lollipop Chainsaw... I don't know what that says about the quality of games I like...) so I will probably buy a XBone when I pass by it in the store and and decide to just pick it up. It will be an impulse buy of sorts... a partially planned out impulse buy.

But if everyone I know gets a PS4 (which it looks to be very probable), I may go that route.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
I wouldnt call it Xbone ever. :P Either Xbox None or Xbox 180.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:31 pm »
(besides Lollipop Chainsaw... I don't know what that says about the quality of games I like...)

It means you got some good taste there

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 02:24:29 pm »
I wouldnt call it Xbone ever. Xbox 180.

Fix'd!

(to reflect)

*MY* current favorite/winner...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

darko

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 01:20:04 am »
PS4

madmax

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 11:51:44 pm »
I have a Launch Day Edition of the PS4 preordered on Amazon with the quickest shipping they offered :D

thomascozine

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:07 am »
I'm still planning on a Wii U first. Nintendo developed games have always had a more lasting and more fun appeal then other companies'.

Then a PS4 followed by the XBox One. If nothing else now then for the stupid name. Microsoft has just fucked up far too much in terms of PR that I REALLY need to wait and see what they actually do with their system in the long run before I can buy into them. Getting rid of the always online and always on Kinect are a nice start. But they still were planning on those policies.

matt

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 02:40:58 pm »
PS4. More for media capabilities than games tho.

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »
Both because I'm a gamer and collector.

blipcs76

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 01:00:13 am »
I'll eventually pick up a Wii U once that must-have game comes out.  It may be Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, the Monolith title or possibly Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros that push me over the edge.  As for Sony/MS, I've made my feelings about the XBOne pretty clear.  If I do pick up one of them, it would be the PS4 but considering I still have yet to get a PS3 it's going to be years before I add that console to my collection.  Honestly, I just have way too many games in my backlog and not enough free time anymore to play anything but my backlog.  Getting a new console just doesn't make sense for me right now.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 02:09:46 am »
I have my PS4 more than half way payed off, but I am worried because the specs show that it is apparently HDMI output only, and my TV is broke so it is stuck on component....  I will likely have to buy a new TV before November 15th, but I just don't think that it is feasible....  I'm not planning on getting an Xbox One anytime soon though....  I might consider it sometime in 2015 depending on what the game space looks like at the time....

karyann

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »
I'll buy a PS4 when there's a price drop, but it's 100% certain that I'll own one someday, even if it's only for Kingdom Hearts 3 (but I seriously doubt that's the only game I'll ever want on PS4). I always bought Playstation consoles when they became slim models, so I guess there's a chance it will happen once again. I'm older now, but I'm in an intensive college program with 40 hours of courses each week, so I can't work at the same time. Collecting is taking a hit for the next 2 years  :P

No interest at all in the Xbox 180, I've never owned any microsoft console because they never interested me, and this one is seriously even further behind the other 2 Xboxes (Xboxi? lol) for me. I already own a Wii U, so I'm all set on Nintendo's side.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:22:33 pm by karyann »

sin2beta

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 06:26:07 pm »
I went out to Best Buy and Target today. I saw a lot of signs to reserve an XBox One.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:39 pm »
neither because I cant afford a 4k TV
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

jsoup

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 03:51:28 am »
I'll be getting a PS4 eventually, but not on release day. I imagine I'll do with the PS4 what I did with the PS3, wait a few years until I can get it for next to nothing on craigslist.