Author Topic: Android app update?  (Read 6517 times)

Android app update?
« on: August 12, 2013, 11:38:57 pm »
hey just curious about the update for the Android app that was suppose to happen in July. I use mobile vgcollect but have the app too and would much rather use that, just wondering if that's still in the plan.

jcalder8

Re: Android app update?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »
I think the update in July was just for the website. I don't think there is a timeline for when the app will get updated but hopefully matt will jump in here.

matt

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:09:06 pm »
Unfortunately the app isn't going to be updated anytime soon unless I can find some developers to work on it. Between the new site launch and other "life" obligation, I simply don't have the time. I'd love to open source it and allow any and all to contribute.

andrewmduane

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »
Unfortunately the app isn't going to be updated anytime soon unless I can find some developers to work on it. Between the new site launch and other "life" obligation, I simply don't have the time. I'd love to open source it and allow any and all to contribute.

Please open source all of it (app and site)! I'm a full-time rails developer (and we also use bootstrap) and a hobbyist android/glass developer. I'd love to contribute in my spare time.

If you need help on getting it on github without exposing any secure data (database passwords, api keys, etc.) let me know!

matt

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

Please open source all of it (app and site)! I'm a full-time rails developer (and we also use bootstrap) and a hobbyist android/glass developer. I'd love to contribute in my spare time.

If you need help on getting it on github without exposing any secure data (database passwords, api keys, etc.) let me know!

We should chat - PM sent

matt

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »
Just as an update. I found the source! Can't seem to get it to run without crashing though....

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 11:58:02 pm »
Just as an update. I found the source! Can't seem to get it to run without crashing though....

Its still a step in the right direction....  I look forward to testing the buggy crashing thing again~!  Maybe I'll upgrade to a Galaxy Note 3 before it happens too....

andrewmduane

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:46:17 am »
Hey matt, sorry for the delay, I got busy at work. I sent you a PM.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 09:17:29 pm »
Please make this happen! love the site, want to love the app too! I enjoyed it for a little while and got bummed out that it didn't work anymore.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 09:54:46 pm »
The new site works really well on mobile stuff now. The app isn't high priority. Just keep using the site. It works well and looks good on my iPhone.

matt

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 10:16:15 pm »
The new site works really well on mobile stuff now. The app isn't high priority. Just keep using the site. It works well and looks good on my iPhone.

Although that is true....

Things are coming along nicely. :)

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »
Oh ah... the app says unable to reach server. Must have been since the update but I swear I had used the app recently... actually it was the 18th.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:36 am »
Same with me  -the app says unable to reach server but it worked really well before

scott

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 12:40:42 pm »
It's more than likely that the app is still looking for the old server, since when we revealed the new site we moved to a new server at the same time.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »
It's more than likely that the app is still looking for the old server, since when we revealed the new site we moved to a new server at the same time.

It actually should be pointing to the new server but someone else is wrong. Looking into it...