Author Topic: ps4 interface  (Read 1002 times)

ps4 interface
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:37:10 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaPoLJyDZmM&feature=youtu.be

not sure if anyone seen this from gamescon in germany today.

the interface looks nice and clean. i like the fact the games are all there in a line and at a click it brings up all the details.
i love the ability to watch your friends play and to jump into the game with them
but most of all i like the LACK OF ADVERTS.

Well done Playstation you done good!!!

Re: ps4 interface
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:10:00 pm »
Where's the part where he goes to the trophy screen, and it takes 15 minutes to sync the trophy data?  And then another minute to load pictures for all the trophies?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:01:01 am »
Where's the part where he goes to the trophy screen, and it takes 15 minutes to sync the trophy data?  And then another minute to load pictures for all the trophies?

Oh C'mon now...Yes, they are pretty slow -but- you're also greatly exaggerating (by about 15 times how bad it really is)  :o

Now 'system software updates' = they're the ones that can take a long-ass time  >:(

However, IMO, one of the biggest "plusses" of PS+ is having my settings so that that's all done automatically, over-night - when I'm sleeping  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 06:10:37 pm »
Well time is certainly relative, but when I'm curious what the trophy I just got means, it multiplies how long it feels by roughly 1500%   ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 09:54:07 am »
Well time is certainly relative, but when I'm curious what the trophy I just got means, it multiplies how long it feels by roughly 1500%   ;D

If it's taking that long - just click-on "trophies", then on the game you're playing, highlight the trophy in question, and press triangle, then "Info" (to find out what the trophy is).

If your ISP is *that* slow - switch your trophy settings to "off-line" -and- as soon as your trophy pops you can see what it is!

Personally, I always keep it set to off-line & just let em sych overnight (before PS+, I used to just sign-in & synch em once a day (when I was done playing)).
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:25 pm »
I have, oh I have.

Sorry for the blatant threadjack.  In other news, my PS4 amazon preorder says guaranteed delivery by 8pm on November 15th!  Squee!