Author Topic: Revival....  (Read 2550 times)

htimreimer

Re: Revival....
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 09:33:13 pm »
rocket robot on wheels: this game was a flawed gem on the N64 and the problem with the game was its flawed physics and insane difficulty but it has its moments of greatness and with the hardware we have today, i think we could have a vary good sequel

soldier of fortune: the first two games are some of the best fps games ever made, they have satisfying gameplay that was made even more satisfying with the power of the GHOUL but then came SOF: payback, a lazy and a poor excuse of a sequel that did nothing but kill the SOF series with mediocrity,
i hope that we can get a new good sequel
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:35:26 pm by htimreimer »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 09:58:14 am »
Shadowhearts; pretty please!

HD-updates would be nice -but- a SH 4 would make me even happier :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 10:05:06 am »
Bring back a Contra!  I love me some 2D Contra.  Contra 4 was awesome, I just want more.  Conker's Bad Fur Day would be a lot of fun too.  Bring back the drunk squirrel!

I really want some more collections too.  Contra and Castlevania would be good series to get this treatment.

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 12:24:57 pm »
Ikaruga

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 02:19:30 pm »

Your bring up a good point that I completely ignored....  HD ports give me very mixed feelings a lot of the time....  More times than not I am just left wanting....  That said I am really happy with things like the MGS Legacy collection, but I'm peeved that the HD collection even got released now....  Seriously, they were like a year apart....

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 02:26:26 pm »

Your bring up a good point that I completely ignored....  HD ports give me very mixed feelings a lot of the time....  More times than not I am just left wanting....  That said I am really happy with things like the MGS Legacy collection, but I'm peeved that the HD collection even got released now....  Seriously, they were like a year apart....

Same here (w/ the mixed feelings).

I'll probably get the FF-X + FF-X-2 HD re-masters because I like them a lot -and- haven't played them in a long enough time to be able to enjoy them again...in HD, no less!

I'll also have to get around to playing my HD ICO + SotC, too -because- from (almost) everything that I've seen = they're hd done right :)

Not only that, but, I've never played the originals, so this will be my 1st time with both.

However, A LOT of the hd remakes...I'm just...indifferent...to, and pretty much ignore them.

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »
Streets of Rage. Honestly, it was one of my favorite games on the Genesis. It would be awesome if they made a sequel like Double Dragon Neon. There was one in the works, but I think it was scrapped.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:10 pm »
Shining Force - I want to see #4 soooo badly that I've been reading up on genesis development.
Phantasy Star - This series needs to go back to it's roots, maybe a prequel to End of the Millennium?
Toe Jam & Earl - Just make it happen (Can you tell I grew up with Sega yet?)
Monsters in my pocket - So much fun 2 player, indie sequel?
Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre - Take my money! please don't let this series die :(

haloofthesun

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 10:16:22 pm »
Some really good suggestions in this thread. Mine have all been mentioned before I think, but I'll chip in anyway:

Shining Force: YES! My first tactical RPG was Shining Force II when I was a kid and still had a Genesis. I loved it so much and wondered why there weren't more games like that (us Americans had no idea about Fire Emblem or anything else). It's strange that now that the genre is fairly popular, there hasn't been another one in a long time.
Resident Evil: This needs a reboot so badly. They'll probably make 7 instead, but it needs to go back to survival horror (like they promised with 6). And cut the budget, seriously.
Final Fantasy: Not even sure what to do with it. Most fans will agree the series is a mere shadow of its formal self. Personally, after 9 there is nothing worthwhile in the main series, that was the last truly great Final Fantasy. It's silly to say they should reboot, since each entry is so radically different, but rather they need to go back to their roots, like Resident Evil. And, oddly enough like Resident Evil, they should actually focus more on remakes (and releasing them to handhelds and consoles - NOT MOBILE PHONES) because the demand is seriously there, which isn't common in a series for fans to ask for more of what they already have.
Tactics Ogre: This series kind of confuses me. I'm not too familiar with it, and some entries are remakes/ports of other games in the series, so I'm not really sure how many there are. But of the ones I've played they are GREAT and considering SE's tendency to milk things to death, it's surprising there aren't more of them.
Metroidvania: I loved that this style of Castlevania found a home on GBA and DS to go along with the 3D games on consoles. I'm not too fond of the direction they seem to be going now with Mirror of Fate. I really liked Lords of Shadow, actually, I just wish they'd stick to Metroidvania on handhelds. It's a rare thing when a fanbase begs you to NOT change the formula.
Eternal Darkness: Not a series, but there NEEDS to be a sequel. There have been Kickstarters from the developers for a spiritual successor which, to my knowledge, have not succeeded. I'd be fine with it if they did, I don't care about it becoming a "series".
Alan Wake: A true sequel to this is the one thing that may make me get an Xbox One. *shudders*
Dark Cloud: Spiritual successor of sorts to one of my favorite games, Soul Blazer. We need more!
Breath of Fire: BoF6 on PC and phones? Blegh. It probably sucks anyway, but bring this back to consoles!

And, this isn't game specific, but I'd like to see a revival of the graphical adventure genre. I know there are still some on PC (quality varying) and every now and then one hops onto consoles, but with the 3DS and Wii U this seems like an excellent time to make some more of these games considering their control style caters specifically to this. Of course, they likely wouldn't sell well, they rarely do on consoles (Walking Dead aside), but it's also not unheard of to give them a console release, and the Wii U and 3DS could help boost the genre a bit. There were a good handful on the Wii and they worked out pretty well.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 10:44:02 pm »
Parasite Eve

Jak & Daxter

Legacy of kain

Prince of Persia- I loved the platforming and art style of the "reboot" the combat is the only thing keeping me from playing/beating it

Sakura Wars- I at least what to see an HD version brought over to the states of the first 4 games.

Devil May Cry- Just keep Ninja Theory as far away as possible and give it to Platnium Games

Soul Calibur- give us the the amount of content as 3, the characters from 4, and guest characters that make sense like Link and Ezio

and of course the usual Nintendo list

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:13 am »
Parasite Eve

Jak & Daxter

Legacy of kain

Prince of Persia- I loved the platforming and art style of the "reboot" the combat is the only thing keeping me from playing/beating it

Sakura Wars- I at least what to see an HD version brought over to the states of the first 4 games.

Devil May Cry- Just keep Ninja Theory as far away as possible and give it to Platnium Games

Soul Calibur- give us the the amount of content as 3, the characters from 4, and guest characters that make sense like Link and Ezio

thats a cool list. i would love a new soul reaver.

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 12:21:52 pm »
Parasite Eve

Jak & Daxter

Legacy of kain

I thought Parasite Eve was a prequel to the Shadow Hearts games?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 01:06:58 pm »
Parasite Eve

Jak & Daxter

Legacy of kain

They have similar concepts, but no, they're seperate storylines and series. Even made by seperate companies. Shadow Hearts is Midway, Parasite Eve is Squaresoft.

Parasite Eve sequels are Parasite Eve II on PS1 (naturally), and 3rd Birthday on PSP.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »
Parasite Eve

Jak & Daxter

Legacy of kain

I think you're confusing Parasite Eve with Koudelka; which is kind of the prequel to the 1st Shadowhearts game  8)