Author Topic: is the neo geo x worth it  (Read 876 times)

is the neo geo x worth it
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:46:44 pm »
i am thinking on buying one of these and i dont know anyone with one to know how good it really is

htimreimer

Re: is the neo geo x worth it
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »
check out this video

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »
i am thinking on buying one of these and i dont know anyone with one to know how good it really is
How much do you like SNK fighting games?  I have one and I rarely play it.  The fighting games are fun and Metal Slug is awesome. The battery life is short.
If you want the Neo Geo games but don't want to pay out the nose for a system and games, grab one. If you don't know if you like the games and want to try them out, I'd look elsewhere.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 10:24:20 pm »
Then check out these videos:

I personally have not used the system. So, I can't speak on it. But these guys usually speak the truth. ANother case is a collector from AllGenGamers, Pete Dorr, sold his. It seems people just can't get into it. It has enough technical problems to create a "buyer beware" feeling.

EDIT: For an example of the problems it has, apparently when hooked up to a TV they have the Left and Right audio channels switched. This combined with some video problems makes it seem like a rushed job.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:30:11 pm by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »
You can buy a real neogeo aes or mvs for the price. No games, but still...

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 09:53:15 pm »
best buy has the neo geo x for 150 a neo geo aes seems to go for 100-250 depending on box and contoller i just feel like it be to hard to get games for

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 01:32:51 am »
sure sure if you dont mind emulation. I think the wii virtual console releases still play better.