Author Topic: How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?  (Read 4479 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:46:10 am »

How is your Super Nintendo gaming going? Post whatever related to it, here.

SNES is one of my all-time favorite console. Depending on my mood, the SNES and NES duke it out for my #1 favorite console of all-time spot. Some of the best games ever made were on this system. And it has a comfortable, sturdy controller as well as very reliable hardware.

It's a shame that SNES collecting has becoming so expensive, lately, though. It used to be one of the consoles that was actually cheaper to collect for (not counting the always expensive JRPGs), which used to be a big plus for the system. Oh well, glad I'm got some of the best titles on the system, while they were still affordable.

I just recently downloaded Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG on Wii Virtual Console. Soooo much hype surrounding those games. I really hope they can live up to the expectations.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:31:05 am by burningdoom »

scott

Re: How Is Your SNES Gaming Going?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:18:02 pm »
I actually started up Final Fantasy III on the SNES on Monday and got about 2 hours in before I had to leave for the GF's Bday dinner. It's funny I only started playing it because I went to play Castlevania on the NES and it kept Blue Screening on me. But rather than load up SCIV or Dracula X I ended up grabbing FFIII instead.

Also, I LOVED Secret of Mana as a kid, but when I played it later I realized how cheap the game can be. So don't be put off by werewolves juggling you to death... they are right assholes. ha

Super Mario RPG got a ton of playtime and I believe there was  period of a year where thats all me and my cousins were playing. I haven't played it in a long long time though... I should sit down with it again and see if its as good as I remember.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:20:29 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 01:15:04 am »
Mine is going crappy....  I finished Wild Guns with a friend fairly recently and we were going to tackle Pocky & Rocky 2 but I can't find my copy....  It makes me sad....  I found the box, but it had Hagane inside for some reason....  I'm really bad with organization, so it'll probably take months to find the damn thing and we don't want to move on to something else until we get through P&R2....  :(  He might have to buy a copy if I can't find mine soon....  Also stuck on Drakkhen because that game sucks, but I feel compelled to beat it....

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 01:18:45 am »
The sheer volume of amazing games for the SNES still boggles me to this day.

I have the controversial opinion that Secret of Evermore is superior to Secret of Mana. It doesn't get the attention of Mana, but it's just so much fun to play, and with great music. You've gotta try it if you've never played it.

I just got Lufia II off eBay... never played that one back in the day!

haloofthesun

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:33:26 am »
Secret of Evermore > Secret of Mana

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 11:41:34 pm »
The sheer volume of amazing games for the SNES still boggles me to this day.

I have the controversial opinion that Secret of Evermore is superior to Secret of Mana. It doesn't get the attention of Mana, but it's just so much fun to play, and with great music. You've gotta try it if you've never played it.

I just got Lufia II off eBay... never played that one back in the day!

Secret of Evermore > Secret of Mana

Looks like its not so controversial, lol~!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 12:09:37 am »
The SNES has been getting a lot of love at the Overturf House. Lots of Super Mario AllStars, Turtles in Time, and Sunset Riders. It's such a good system.
I am bound and determined to finish the Lost Levels. That game is hard. I'll get that bitch though. I'll defeat that demon of a game. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »
I am bound and determined to finish the Lost Levels. That game is hard. I'll get that bitch though. I'll defeat that demon of a game.

One of the greatest achievement of my gaming "career" is beating that with no warps. It is tough-as-nails.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 02:15:25 pm »
Oh Man! I love the Lost Levels! I currently have a save file on it on world 8-2 very difficult but awesome at the same time

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 02:05:03 am »
One of my favorite SNES games is Top Gear. It has such a killer soundtrack. I don't often play Super Nintendo, but when I do I play Top Gear.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

darko

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 10:16:10 am »
God...where do I even begin? SNES is my favorite console ever! It's the retro console that gets the most play out of all my retro consoles. I've been going through and completing a lot of my favorites lately since I'm close to getting everything I want for the system.

As far as the Secret question, I would probably have to say Secret of Mana = Secret of Evermore. However, I prefer Secret of Evermore to Secret of Mana. It's really just a preference thing. I think each game is amazing in it's own right. I just like the setting of Secret of Evermore a little better.

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 04:18:49 pm »
I'd like to start by saying that this... Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, is, possibly, my favorite game for the Super Nintendo.
Some of the finest moments I've had in SNES-Gaming formed from playing this game (Although Super Mario World, and Super James Pond, yes, I said it, could actually come close.) and I would go as far as to say it would be one of my favorite Mario games, ever. 
I'm just a fellow named Chaz. I'm obsessed with my game collection!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »
I'd like to start by saying that this... Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, is, possibly, my favorite game for the Super Nintendo.
Some of the finest moments I've had in SNES-Gaming formed from playing this game (Although Super Mario World, and Super James Pond, yes, I said it, could actually come close.) and I would go as far as to say it would be one of my favorite Mario games, ever. 

It's a good one.  I've been playing through it lately.  I didn't own it until about a month ago.  It's a really, really good game.

scott

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:35 pm »
Ya the only way I beat that game was while babysitting my cousin, since he had it. I also didn't own it until sometime this year as well. Really good game, and I love the art style.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »
Super Metroid and Final Fantasy VI (aka III) are still among my favorite games of all-time.

The collection hasn't moved even a little since I snagged mine out of my mom's house, though. The cash just hasn't been there, and I've been chasing too many new releases from NIS, XSEED, and Atlus lately.